Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tell me about yourself including lurker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tell me about yourself including lurker
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:00pm
Some of us already kind of know what color and lenght of hair each participant of the Hair boutique has but many people are new and I would like us to start a thread saying a bit about ourselves.This is your opportunity lurket to tell us about you. I would realy enjoy knowing who you are when it comes to relating to the hair topic.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:00pm
> Some of us already kind of know what color and lenght> of hair each participant of the Hair boutique has but> many people are new and I would like us to start a> thread saying a bit about ourselves.> This is your opportunity lurket to tell us about you.> I would realy enjoy knowing who you are when it comes> to relating to the hair topic.Hi:I have very dark brown hair. It is wavy. It does reach my waist but because it is wavy it doesn't shown unless I pull on it. It tend to grow very very slow. It is thick and I have no bangs.When I was a baby I had no hair at all. As a toddler I had blonde hair and very curly. As a young child I had light brown hair.My hair tends to be difficult to brush because it is wavy.Today surprisely enough if one looks I still have blonde , red hair strands in my dark brown hair. It tends to go toward the red shades in the summer when Canada does have summer lol. I am starting to have a tiny bit of white hair.Now it is your turn.
Erica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:00pm
Great question!I've been around for a while--since last summer anyhow, but I only visit this site occasionally. I am 27, and my hair is waist length, brown and naturally curly. I love vintage/retro hair styles--such as the look of the 40's and 50's, though my hair is too long for many of those styles. I especially love Jane Seymor and other victorian hair styles--my favorite is the gibson girl do!> Some of us already kind of know what color and lenght> of hair each participant of the Hair boutique has but> many people are new and I would like us to start a> thread saying a bit about ourselves.> This is your opportunity lurket to tell us about you.> I would realy enjoy knowing who you are when it comes> to relating to the hair topic.
Kim, a Newbie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim, a Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:00pm
Hi. I am kind of new to these message board, and haven't been very active yet. I stumbled upon the Hair Boutique while looking for hair styling instructions and was surprised to find out people have so many interesting things to say about hair!My hair sounds a little like yours, Diane; it's almost to my waist when I pull it straight and grows verrrrry slowly---I've been growing it since I was eleven or twelve! (Side note; I've been taking Hair Formula 37, and it grew an inch in a month!). It's medium brown, and in the summer gets kind of stripe-y and eek, it's starting to show a little grey!Happy hair day!---Kim
Lily de Wilde View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily de Wilde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:01pm
> Some of us already kind of know what color and lenght> of hair each participant of the Hair boutique has but> many people are new and I would like us to start a> thread saying a bit about ourselves.> This is your opportunity lurket to tell us about you.> I would realy enjoy knowing who you are when it comes> to relating to the hair topic.Hi!I'm new here, so this is kind of a good oppurtunity for a first post. :)My hair is chestnut brown (currently slightly red but that's fading fast, ruddy 6-week-only dye...), is about 3 inches from my waist (thanks to a 7-inch trim a few months ago), and straight.Seems to be in reasonably good condition at the moment, but as I've spent a fortune on it since finding "The Long Hair Site", it ruddy well should be!That's pretty much it, thanks for readin'!"Lily"P.S. I ought to warn you that I'm a total long-hair fanatic (by the way Dave, great postings, keep it up!), and almost incapable of a balanced judgement on the long vs. short issue. So if you don't Want the long hair point of view, don't read anything I write!
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:01pm
> P.S. I ought to warn you that I'm a total long-hair> fanatic (by the way Dave, great postings, keep it> up!), and almost incapable of a balanced judgement on> the long vs. short issue. So if you don't Want the> long hair point of view, don't read anything I write!Hi Lily,Thanks for your very nice comment. :-)Although I subjectively prefer long hair, I believe that my judgment is quite well balanced on objective issues. I am "debate-ready" on this board :-)Take care, Lily,Dave
David M Squires
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:01pm
My hair is both extremely fine and extremely abundant. It's very wavy. On a good day it makes me think of angels and fairies. On a bad day it looks like angry spaghetti.It's a few inches past my shoulders at the longest point, with a few long layers and baby bangs. It's angled from the chin down. Right now I'm growing it more and trying to get it to one length more or less. I crave a simpler style, like Gwyneth Paltrow's.My hair has more colors in it than an Everlasting Gobstopper. Three years ago I saw Evita and bleached it blonde. Just when it was at the breaking point from all that processing, I saw Titanic and dyed it dark red. About six months ago, I got sick of all that damage and expense, and went back to what I think is my natural color: medium/dark ask brown. Most of the serious damage from the blonde has been cut out now, so I can grow my hair in earnest.BTW, I started taking Viviscal a couple of months ago but stopped when I couldn't keep up with the expense. Since people have stopped responding to my survey, I'm assuming they gave it up too. A few respondents also told me they did.Ally
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:01pm
I just finished replying to your post about self-confidence and was amazed that you sounded just like me.> My hair is both extremely fine and extremely abundant.> It's very wavy.Now, you *look* like me!> It's a few inches past my shoulders at the longest> point, with a few long layers and baby bangs. It's> angled from the chin down.What are baby bangs -- short or simply just a few bangs? If they're just a few bangs, then this is exactly what I looked like 5 weeks ago!! The only difference is in our color -- I'm strawberry blonde. I've never dyed it per se, but for the first time two years ago, I've started wearing highlights. So now my hair looks the color it did when I was a child.A year ago, I reluctantly let my stylist angle the sides of my hair just a bit, and I was surprised that I absolutely loved it! It was just softer around my face and more feminine yet I still had length in the back. When my hair grows, that's what I'll do again. And I always loved those soft wisps escaping from a bun!
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:01pm
This is what I want to have done to my long naturally curly hair. Did you have your angles starting at your jawline? I have bangs and layered on top. The rest is one length (to my waist). Do you think they'll have to start at the bangs and angle from there? I straighten my hair sometimes and wish I had more movement around my face. On the other hand, I kind of liked the fact that I can use a small-barrel curling iron and curl the hair around my face into long, perfect spiral curls. I'd just be afraid that I'd get too much frizz around my face if I had angles put in. What do you think?
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:01pm
> Did you have your angles starting at your> jawline?Eventually we went that high, but we started out longer.> Do you think they'll have to> start at the bangs and angle from there?First of all, I'm not a stylist at all, but in my opinion I wouldn't start at the bangs unless the hair were quite short.Do you want to keep the basic length in the back? If so, I'm having trouble imagining it starting at the jawline and ending at the waist. I think the angle would be too severe. The one way I can see it working is if you had some layers, then you could soften it around the face, but you said you really didn't want layers. Someone who works regularly with hair might have some better suggestions. In fact, what I'd do is ask a trusted stylist who can look and touch your hair who can give you a realistic view of your options and what they'll look like.Wish I were more help, but good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic