Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fake e-mail address....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zorak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fake e-mail address....
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:05pm
See, it is quite easy to do!Zorak
Zorak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:05pm
> See, it is quite easy to do!Ooops! I did it again!> ZorakZ.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:05pm
> Ooops! I did it again!> Z.Okay you played enough? One can easily check if an email is real or not. Food for thoughts. There is a tracking method that is used.
Kent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:05pm
Zorak (or whatever your name is)What a shame that your e-mail address seems to have disappeared into vapor. I'm SO impressed! It takes a REAL MAN (and I'm speaking to you only) to be strong enough to put their e-mail address on their posts. What's the big deal? I'm sorry you have such a problem with being honest.I feel sorry for you. You're missing out on the opportunity to have a lot of great friends. Your loss, not ours.Kent
Kent
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:05pm
(Posted this deep on another thread below before I saw this one, so pardon the doubling up)First, as Zorak pointed out, you could put anything in as an email address and it wouldn't get rejected. Second, many folks have multiple email addresses between various home and work ISPs, business email, and the multiple free email sites now. But, simply put, what the heck does it matter?I mean, are you demanding email so that you can confirm that he isn't posting as more than one person? Why not ask for his full name and address so you can run a background check? Furthermore, how do I know that Dawn and Diane from Canada aren't the same person? Or that it's just Dave additionally posting as two women? I don't, but I DO recognize that it would be highly improbable.Heck, you haven't accused Ally and Jena of being the same person and they sound as though they could be twin sisters! Are you just suspicious of those that are offering a dissenting opinion?Lighten up and let it go, for Pete's sake.As usual,JFRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:05pm
Hi JerkyFlea,When I said that I agree with Diane, I meant that I share her frustration with a person's unwillingness to maintain a consistent identity on the board. I was quite aware of how easy it is to fake an e-mail address, as there is absolutely no validity-checking performed on it (not that it is even feasible to do so). I think we all know that its purpose is to facilitate off-line communication via private e-mail when those so choosing deem it appropriate.Dave
David M Squires
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:06pm
> (Posted this deep on another thread below before I saw> this one, so pardon the doubling up)> First, as Zorak pointed out, you could put anything in> as an email address and it wouldn't get rejected.> Second, many folks have multiple email addresses> between various home and work ISPs, business email,> and the multiple free email sites now. But, simply> put, what the heck does it matter?> I mean, are you demanding email so that you can> confirm that he isn't posting as more than one person?> Why not ask for his full name and address so you can> run a background check? Furthermore, how do I know> that Dawn and Diane from Canada aren't the same> person? Or that it's just Dave additionally posting as> two women? I don't, but I DO recognize that it would> be highly improbable.> Heck, you haven't accused Ally and Jena of being the> same person and they sound as though they could be> twin sisters! Are you just suspicious of those that> are offering a dissenting opinion?> Lighten up and let it go, for Pete's sake.> As usual,> JFOH gee is this from a person that mention on another part of this web site "troll alert" on my friend Jena? I would think you for one would agree on this. Didn't you feel silly when you realize she was real.Only in my dreams I would have long hair like Dawn. I am also a brunette and French . Plus we don't think the same.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:06pm
> (Posted this deep on another thread below before I saw> this one, so pardon the doubling up)> First, as Zorak pointed out, you could put anything in> as an email address and it wouldn't get rejected.> Second, many folks have multiple email addresses> between various home and work ISPs, business email,> and the multiple free email sites now. But, simply> put, what the heck does it matter?> I mean, are you demanding email so that you can> confirm that he isn't posting as more than one person?> Why not ask for his full name and address so you can> run a background check? Furthermore, how do I know> that Dawn and Diane from Canada aren't the same> person? Or that it's just Dave additionally posting as> two women? I don't, but I DO recognize that it would> be highly improbable.>Great Idea Jerky Flea:Actually what would be nice when we participate a web site maybe it would be a very good idea to give the full mailing address and name so that way it keeps us honest. I know that I do with another web site and i have no problems with it. I have nothing to hide and in fact if Karen or Jeff wanted my phone number its no problem. I am a spoke person for an international company so my identity is very much real.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:06pm
> OH gee is this from a person that mention on another> part of this web site "troll alert" on my> friend Jena? I would think you for one would agree on> this. Didn't you feel silly when you realize she was> real.Just wanted clarify that I didn't put out the "troll alert", but merely responded to a post asking what a "troll alert" was. I clarified what one was and why Jena's post may have caused someone to think it could possibly be faked. I didn't feel silly when I found out Jena was a real person and furthermore, in my correspondence with Jena, she indicated that she understood why folks my have doubted her story based on the phrasing of her original post.And by the way, how would simply having an email address verfied the content of her post? Sure, I wrote to her email, but her post could have very well have been true even if she never wrote me back. One does not go hand in hand with the other.As usual,JFRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic