Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To Jerky Flea let make the first step in peace within allof us
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Jerky Flea let make the first step in peace within allof us

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Jerky Flea let make the first step in peace within allof us
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:06pm
I really can see that everyone is saying the exact same message over and over and over again and I guess the planet are screwy because the message is very easy to read. It read hve respect for the choices i have made in life . It doesn't matter which post you grab you will read it that way.I am not angry with you Jerky Flea. What you felt was frustration because you step between Jena and I and my claws were out. I wanted Jena to feel confident in her choices. I felt that you were threathening the process of making Jena feel good about herself not that she needs my help or anyone because it is all there in her soul. She made some changes and she needed to hear that is great . I am there for you etc which I am for her 100%. There was no need for interefences. Actually a few of us were trying to be the peacekeepers. There were no need to rescue Jena as you felt it was needed. Obviously no need. Believe me she is not screaming help!!!!I don't have a beef with you. I just didn't appreciated when you step in which cause some grief. Yes I am a mother hen by nature and I tend to be protective of the ones I happen to like and Jena is very much on my list so is Dawn, Dave etc.I made some very good friends on this web site and on another one and I know for a fact that my friends are very honest with their thoughts . They tend to be considerate of others. This is not about three separete groups of people Its is about sharing our feelings , our experiences so it can make other lives richer as well ours.I really feel that everyone can accept each other. There are so many other topics that could be discuss and would also make our lives richer in knowledge.All I am asking that is we make an effort to accept others the way they are.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:06pm
Hiya Diane,> I really can see that everyone is saying the exact> same message over and over and over again and I guess> the planet are screwy because the message is very easy> to read. It read hve respect for the choices i have> made in life . It doesn't matter which post you grab> you will read it that way.As I said before, I think we began arguing by accident. My real problem was with what Dawn said to Jena and how it contradicted a response she made to me. I sort of started defending Jena by accident. When you jumped into to smooth things over, from my perspective, it sounded as though you were defending Dawn's original position, rather than bolstering Jena. Sorry if I interpreted it incorrectly and dragged you errantly into the fray.> I am not angry with you Jerky Flea. What you felt was> frustration because you step between Jena and I and my> claws were out. I wanted Jena to feel confident in her> choices. I felt that you were threathening the process> of making Jena feel good about herself not that she> needs my help or anyone because it is all there in her> soul. She made some changes and she needed to hear> that is great . I am there for you etc which I am for> her 100%. There was no need for interefences. Actually> a few of us were trying to be the peacekeepers. There> were no need to rescue Jena as you felt it was needed.> Obviously no need. Believe me she is not screaming> help!!!!Oh, hey, don't I know it. I've corresponded several times with Jena myself and am well aware of her lack of need to be defended. She's perfectly content with doing what pleases her, regardless of the pros and cons offered here. More power to her. Again, whereas you were simply defending Jena in your post, you unfortunately became involved in what was a much larger discussion.> I don't have a beef with you. I just didn't> appreciated when you step in which cause some grief.Hopefully, I've cleared that up now.> Yes I am a mother hen by nature and I tend to be> protective of the ones I happen to like and Jena is> very much on my list so is Dawn, Dave etc.> I made some very good friends on this web site and on> another one and I know for a fact that my friends are> very honest with their thoughts . They tend to be> considerate of others. This is not about three> separete groups of people Its is about sharing our> feelings , our experiences so it can make other lives> richer as well ours.Sharing feelings and experiences are pretty much what all of the posts are about. However, it's inevitable that certain "camps" will form as people discuss issues. I was merely recognizing the ones on this issue. Heck, on a different topic, it may be me and Dawn against Dave and Lurker. =)> I really feel that everyone can accept each other.> There are so many other topics that could be discuss> and would also make our lives richer in knowledge.> All I am asking that is we make an effort to accept> others the way they are.Ok, let's start over. Spilt milk under the bridge and stuff like that. First, here's and olive branch. No, here's the entire tree along with a bunch of doves (couldn't get them out of the tree).Next, let me introduce myself. Hi, I'm JerkyFlea and I write a column giving updates on celebrity hair and rather opinionated views of their style choices. I firmly believe that anyone should be able to wear their hair anyway that they want, but also believe that not every hairstyle looks good on every person (unless, of course, you are Madonna). I've seen women with absolutely gorgeous hair (long and short) that didn't flatter them one bit. For example, Salma Hayek currently has a beautifully styled short bob, but it doesn't hold a candle to her long hair. Conversely, last I saw Justine Bateman (of "Family Ties" fame), she had mid-back length hair that looked good, but wasn't nearly as complimentary as some of her shorter styles.What I'm getting at is that if you want to shave your head, fine. If you want to grow you hair to your feet, great. However, if you ask my opinion of it, I'll tell you. Doesn't mean you're wrong or I'm right, but if you ask me, I assume you want to know what I think based on my knowledge, experience, and, yes, personal preferences. Which is, essentially, what you'll get if you ask anyone. It's just that all of us are different people and thus what constitutes those things will vary for each of us. Fair enough?By the way, this would be one of those "agree to disagree" points. =)So, are we cool now?JFRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:06pm
>>Hello my name is Diane and I live in the coldest province in Canada which can easily hit -40F or -40C take your pick.Have you tries ice hair in the morning? Or have you ever seen icicles off some male mustache? We have summer if we are lucky. This year is nice. My hair dries within one hour without any help with hair blowers.I have done a lot of diffirent things in life and right now i am an international spoke person for a certain product line and have been used as the middle person between companies. I been in marketing and have done a lot of traveling in my own country and some in the USA.Since January my life has been turn upside down and it means a new chapter for me and my children. Too many changes.Anyways my personal goals is to help people and I preparing to do that. I am very much the feeling type of personality.>>>>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic