Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Picture needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RiverRat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiverRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Picture needed
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:51pm
I have a style in my head and have been trying to describe it to my wife. She has a hard time visualizing it and I have been unable to find a picture close enough to it to let her know what I am talking about. Let me try to describe it and maybe someone would know of an actress or where a picture is that fits the description.Style: between chin length and the top of the shoulders, has bangs, parted off - center, has layers in it for movement and a slight wild look, it has to go away from the face (she hates hair coming forward into her cheeks), does not tuck behind the ears - though some of the ear may show.I guess I would call it a layered bob, but with a little more movement away from the face. Does this sound possible? Any help appreciated.
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:51pm
> I have a style in my head and have been trying to> describe it to my wife. She has a hard time> visualizing it and I have been unable to find a> picture close enough to it to let her know what I am> talking about. Let me try to describe it and maybe> someone would know of an actress or where a picture is> that fits the description.> Style: between chin length and the top of the> shoulders, has bangs, parted off - center, has layers> in it for movement and a slight wild look, it has to> go away from the face (she hates hair coming forward> into her cheeks), does not tuck behind the ears -> though some of the ear may show.> I guess I would call it a layered bob, but with a> little more movement away from the face. Does this> sound possible? Any help appreciated.Riverrat,Try the http://www.hairdos.com site. This site has many hairstyles (over 800) and you should be able to find what you are talking about. Good luck.
Pat H. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:59pm
**Visit a highly recommended hair stylist for a consultation. Go along. Hair stylists HATE husbands who tag along. However, if you present it as a joint effort, it will be O.K. Do not come across like you are dictating. That is a turn of to almost anyone. Professional salons have tons of photos. Also on the magazine shelf in the grocery or drug store you may find "Hairdo" or "Hair Stylists Sophisticate" or many other hair magazines, which may have an illustration, which represents your image.This does not mean that it can be recreated on your wife, however. Only a professional and thorough consultation will determine this.Pat H.> I have a style in my head and have been trying to> describe it to my wife. She has a hard time> visualizing it and I have been unable to find a> picture close enough to it to let her know what I am> talking about. Let me try to describe it and maybe> someone would know of an actress or where a picture is> that fits the description.> Style: between chin length and the top of the> shoulders, has bangs, parted off - center, has layers> in it for movement and a slight wild look, it has to> go away from the face (she hates hair coming forward> into her cheeks), does not tuck behind the ears -> though some of the ear may show.> I guess I would call it a layered bob, but with a> little more movement away from the face. Does this> sound possible? Any help appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic