Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

spiking hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
neo-1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spiking hair
    Posted: February 21 2000 at 3:46pm
Hello I am a 17 year old guy who wants cool blonde spiked up hair (something like Neils off the real world London)but cannot get my hair to spike up so it looks good. I tried using hair spray gel, pretty much everything. so what is a good way to spike hair(i dont want a wetlook)should I blowdry it straight up the add gel or what/ any help would be appreciated or even pics of spiked hair..thanks alot everyone

please feel free to e-mail me at:
neo-1@yahoo.com
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2000 at 7:16pm
Hi,

First of all to get a great spiked do you need to have the right cut. If your hair is too long on top it will be virtually impossible to even maintain a spike.

To avoid a soft spike it is helpful to wash the hair with a more drying shampoo, in other words, avoid using a moisturizing shampoo and instead use a shampoo that is normal to dry. ARTec Kiwi is more drying and so are the color shampoos.

If you use bleach to get the blonde spikes that will help by drying the ends a bit.

Not for the spiking. Get your hair perfectly dry. Then use one of the following products that work really great for spikes:

LA Looks - Purple or pink formula
Dep (I am not kidding this works)
ARTec material (will give you iron spikes)

Use a tiny amount and then separate the hair into small sections and apply the gel of choice and then glide it from the roots to the tips of your hair. Use a pick or wide toothed comb to get separation.

Practice and viola. If you want to really set the spikes you can use hairspray as well but that may tend to be too much product. Try the LA Looks first or similar.

The ARTec material is great BUT it has to be rubbed in really well or it may turn a little white.

When in doubt less is more.

Hope that helps.

Karen

PS. I am hoping to add some spiked photos in the next few weeks. Just have not had the time to get there.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Zack View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2000 at 7:44pm
I first put a cheap gel in my hair then spike it up with some polmade it looks really good and i have gotten a few comments from like 10 girls includeing my ex-girlfriend they were good ones too
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic