Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curls?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curls?
    Posted: August 08 2000 at 5:11pm
Hi,

My wife wnats me to get my hair permed. Is there any way of temporarily getting curls and having it turn out just like a perm. You know, just to see if I like it. Please respond.
daddyo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2000 at 2:43pm
Lucky she's into having you into preening yourself. I'm envious. There are any number of over the counter shampoo/conditioners that pledge to bring curls to your hair. The other thing is to have her of an evening set your hair once its wet in curlers. abuddy of mine does this on occasion and its pretty temporary.
boyincurlz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyincurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2000 at 9:19pm
One way to achieve a temporary perm look is to have your hair set on perm rods using setting lotion instead of perming solution. This will give you the look & feel of a perm without the permanence. If you dont like the result it will easily wash out.
jas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2000 at 7:14pm
Well,

My wife made an appointment at her salon for the 19th for me to get curled (not permed just yet). She didn't tell me if it was with perming rods and setting lotion or with a curling iron or what. She just said she made the appointment. The nice thing is she also made an appointment for herself to get hers cut, so I won't be going in there alone. Do guys get looked at funny by the women in the salon when they do this. Oh yeh, what kind of steps do I have to look forward too.
jas
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyincurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2000 at 3:46pm
How did the "do" turn out ??
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyincurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2000 at 3:49pm
How did the "do" turn out ??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic