Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I make my grey hair greyer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I make my grey hair greyer?
    Posted: December 07 2000 at 12:51am
I`ve had grey hair for more years than I like to remember (since my late twenties). Its a family thing and I rather enjoy it. Its more white than grey now. I`ve found over the last little while that it seems to yellowish. It probably doesn`t help that I smoke. I can`t get rid of the yellow with shampoos and so on that I have tried including the "blue" shampoos. I remember my father saying at some stage that he died his hair so it would be whiter but I understand that these dies have been removed from the (Canadian) market.

Is there something I can do to get rid of the yellow (besides stop smoking) and make my hair whiter?

Thanks

John
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2000 at 11:32pm
Reply to message: 14.129.1
Hi,

Your best bet is to go to a colorist or stylist who works well with color and ask for a bleach cap where just a little bleach is mixed with shampoo to dilute and then applied to your hair for just a few minutes and then rinsed out. It removes all the yellow and dulling colors. Also, there is a complete line of hair color by Matrix called SoColor that is designed specifically for gray/white/silver hair to brighten and lighten. It is specifically for gray hair tones. Any colorist can apply it.

Also, Aveda`s Blue Malva is designed to brighten gray hair and neutralize yellow. Leave the shampoo on for a few minutes and use every day for several days and use the matching conditioner for extra punch. That should help if not eliminate the problem. ARTec also makes a color shampoo that is designed to brighten gray.

You can also go with vegetable colors that are temporary.

A color expert should be able to fix you right up.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
HairBoutique.com
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic