Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

long hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Husker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Husker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: long hair
    Posted: December 14 2000 at 5:08pm
I have shoulder length hair. What is the most appropriate way to wear it in more formal situations such as interviews, dates, or weddings (I will be a groomsman in one soon)? Should I wear it in a ponytail or can I wear it loose?
Karen M. Shelton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen M. Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2000 at 6:32am
Reply to message: 14.133.1
Hi Husker,

I think the way that you wear your hair has a lot to do with the prospective audience. As far as the wedding goes, ask the groom and his bride if they have a preference. Yes, I know, we are all supposed to be willing to wear our hair as we desire but sometimes it is more appropriate to take into consideration the feelings of the people we are with.

Depending on your hair you may want to want to use a good hair gel and slick your hair back into a neat little ponytail or tasteful braid.

Or wear it sans the gel into a soft ponytail that is higher on your head.

Or you might want to just let your hair down. Again it depends on the situation.

Jeff Hines, Mr. HairBoutique.com, has waist length hair and when he is getting dressed up in his suit he will apply a little gel and let me put it into a 3 strand braid. It looks cool. He also wears his hair in a ponytail when he is at work doing software development to keep his hair out of his eyes. That also looks great. He keeps black "hair friendly" elastic bands in his pocket to put his hair up when necessary.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Karen
McKee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2000 at 4:01pm
Hiyas Husker!!

I would think for more formal situations just pulling it back into a pony tail would be good. They look good and professional.
Leaving it loose could also be an option, that also looks great but for formal i would still go with the pony tail.
Being a massive Hanson fan (pre-Road to Albertane) I loved their long locks and was sad to see them get haircuts. Dude, keep your hair long.
"If everybody demanded peace instead of another television set, then there`d be peace"

~John W. Lennon
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2001 at 2:25pm
hi
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2001 at 6:39am
Hello,

I think a ponytail is generally accepted in (most) formal situations, at work and even for talkmasters in German television. With loose hair I got opposition from my boss (and former ones), interviews failed and some jobs suddenly died (sometimes I was told that the evironment is rather conservative ... ). My hair is a little bit longer then shoulder length now.

wolfgang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic