Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help For My Fine/Thin Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Edward View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help For My Fine/Thin Hair
    Posted: December 18 2000 at 7:38am
I am 30 and am not necessarily losing my hair but it is fine and thin and I want to add body and hold. Any ideas on products that might help? I currently use Pert Plus but I am willing to spend some money to get some good results with my hair.

Thanks.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2000 at 8:00pm
Reply to message: 14.137.1
AS A HAIR STYLIST I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU INVEST IN A SALON BRAND SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER. PERT HAS A HISTORY OF BEING DRYING AND CAUSING BUILDUP THAT WEIGHS YOU HAIR DOWN. SEVERAL BRANDS HAVE VOLUMIZING AND/OR THICKENING PRODUCTS TO USE ON YOUR HAIR. REDKEN HAS LOTS OF GOOD PRODUCTS THAT AREN`T TOO GIRLY SMELLING. YOU CAN ALWAYS GO TO A LOCAL SALON AND ASK A STYLIST THERE FOR HELP WITH CHOOSING SOMETHING. THATS WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR. THEY COULD GIVE YOU A BETTER RECOMENDATION AFTER SEEING YOUR HAIR IN PERSON.
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Karen Marie Shelton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Marie Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2000 at 3:09am
Reply to message: 14.137.1
quote:

Edward originally wrote:
I am 30 and am not necessarily losing my hair but it is fine and thin and I want to add body and hold. Any ideas on products that might help? I currently use Pert Plus but I am willing to spend some money to get some good results with my hair.

Thanks.

Hi,

My business partner Michael has very thin and fine hair. I used to tell him that it looked like "feathers". He was using Pert Plus and it left his hair waxy. I talked him into trying Matrix Amplify and he grumbled a little at the cost but he has now been using it for almost 2 years with incredible results. His hair looks full and thick. He uses the Amplify shampoo and does not use any conditioner. He uses the Amplify gel and then blow dries his hair. He is also taking Propecia with it helping to just stablize any loss.

His hair looks fulls and really great. Once he ran out of the Amplify and went back to Pert for about 1 week. His hair looked terrible and he was upset at the sudden regression. Now he keeps an extra bottle of the Matrix around "just in case".

He also tried the root lift with no obvious results.

Another great volume enhancer is Aveda`s Confixer AND Edwin Pauls Volume Mist works really well. When you first see it you may not think so because it is a mist but the mist actually works better than a gel and gives a full and light look.

Matrix also used to have Vavoom but I think they are phasing that out. The Amplify is better anyway.

Also, Edwin Paul Classic shampoo will expand the hair shaft although my business partner personally preferred the Amplify shampoo. Jeff Hines of HairBoutique.com uses Edwin Paul Classic every day to get fullness and he loves it better than Matrix Amplify.

All in personal preference.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
HairBoutique.com
Stephen Jennings View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Jennings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2000 at 12:29am
Reply to message: 14.140.1
My wife uses the Amplify and her fine thin hair looks great. I had not realized what she was using till I read the tip above and then I asked her. She said it really fattens up her hair quite a bit and she loves the feel.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic