Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can i shave my head

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can i shave my head
    Posted: February 02 2001 at 3:16pm
i normaly have my hair cut on a 2 or 3. CAn i by a pair of clippers and cut it my self. Are there any websites that advise on this or can some one help me. Would you be able to tell the difference between a hoem cut and one done prosecionaly.
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2001 at 7:10am
Normally a home cut is so conspicuously "home done" that I would not advise it (having tried it!). But in the case of buying a set of clippers and running them over your head, it`s as easy as pie and is probably the only "style" indistinguishable from a salon cut, and a lot cheaper.
phil
leon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2001 at 8:10am
Reply to message: 14.181.1
quote:

phil originally wrote:
Normally a home cut is so conspicuously "home done" that I would not advise it (having tried it!). But in the case of buying a set of clippers and running them over your head, it's as easy as pie and is probably the only "style" indistinguishable from a salon cut, and a lot cheaper.

A #2 is about a 1/4", how are you going to block or tapper your neckline and tee-edge around your ears for a clean cut. A home cut is just that and I and anyone can spot it a mile away. You can buy a drill at Sears, but I don`t advise you to drill and fill your own teeth with Bond-O.
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2001 at 10:52am
Reply to message: 14.209.1
A good point. I agree that if you want the "refinements" like tapering etc you are probably better at a salon - unless like me you persevere! Three weeks ago I thought "why not" and you can see the result on the following URL. Not bad for an amateur, do you think?
phil
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2001 at 9:44am
what clippers are best for this and are there any websites with instructiones and how you use them?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic