Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help meee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
D2521 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D2521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2004 at 1:00pm
Okay...looking at the site, here's the products I see that stand out (keep in mind I have not hear of many of these brands and am going by their descriptions):

John Frieda Ready to Wear miracle masque 125ML
-Looks like a good deep conditioner for you.

John Frieda Frizz Ease 5 minute manager 200ML
-This one looks like it might be good, even if you aren't going to blowdry. Since your first post, I wrote to them and got a spec sheet on all their products. I am reading now that this product has a ph of 4.94, which should help close down the hair cuticle and add some natural shine (and help tame fly-aways). If you use this product, I would suggest lightly spraying through the hair right after you're done conditioning and towel-drying the hair. This would be your first step in the styling process.

Studio Line Invisible liquid gel NORMAL
-This looks like it would be a good light gel for you. This would go on afte rthe last product (5 minute manager) and you could hold your head upsidedown while you apply it...work it lightly through the hair and kind of finger-shake the hair to start getting some separation. Then use that wide-tooth comb to comb the hair into a general shape and then I would set the style by spraying some of the gel in my hands and working it through the tips - especailly at the bangs where you want the hair to just kind of fall. From there, you could air dry the hair or lightly blowdry. Just make sure the hair is dry before you proceed with the next product.

ASDA Styling wax pro-vitamin 50ML
-This seems like it might be a good product that also conditions. You would probably want to use this only in small quantities, at the end of styling your hair...i.e. only use a little on the tips of dry hair and not all over, but only on a few sections here and there to create some separation.

Shock Waves Creative clay 75ML
-This looke like a really cool product if you have already used the other pomade/wax but you want even more chunky separation. What I mean by this is that the other pomade/wax serves a purpose, but you can only put so much in your hair before it starts looking greasy. You mentioned in several posts, wanting to avoid the greasy look...so this product might be great for you to add more separation on top of the other products. Because it is a matte-finish clay, it will tone down the shine you have added with the other products. The key to these type of clay "pomades" is to use it sparingly and pull only through the tips and sections of dry hair. I think you'll like this product more if you layer it on top of the other styling products I have mentioned.
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2004 at 8:46am
ok first of all, my hair i had it cut abuot 2 months ago when it was really long, it kinda sucked tho coz the dye screwed it up, i used wax then but it looked super greacy coz i put a LOT on, also when i washed my hair it kind of stuck to my head :D.

now my has been cut, it was dyed black but is naturally brown, theres still a little black on the tips, about 2 cm but on the sides its all out coz its shorter.

while its short, iv just been making it spikey becuase it looks dull being short and flat , + i dont have the anti frizz stuff yet, gotta get some more £££ before i buy all the stuff u mentiond and work it out, the main style im going to go for is the cobain style, from the pictures ill put in at the end of this post. long, blonde, LOTS of separation, ull see wot i mean when i get the picture up.

at the min i have been deep conditioning about 1 time a week and washing about 3 times a week, i have been adding quite a lot of gel tho, because my hair seems to go super static all over with LOTs of fly aways and makes me look very bad, also the barber has done a bad job at cutting my hair :( the fringe is kina screwed up, its all the same length but theres little chunks kinda cut out the side, not quit as bad as it sounds but with static and friz i look like an ideot thats why im gelling it at the miniute, i have tryed various experiments and heres the results, some are just messing around tho.

adding deep conditioner in light amounts all over after washing and deep conditinoing tamed the frizz a bit but it still did look quite bad.

i tryed wax (pomade) the one i found in the bathroom was strong shockwaves wax, i added it on slightly damp hair and it seems like it will turn out ok when i get anti friz coz u could see that some bits were screwed up with fly aways n stuff.

for a laugh i wet my hair that was gelled and combed it and it looked totally separated like i wanted, but it set solid and kinda lost the separation after 5 mins lol.

well theres the experiments, at the min im washing my hair with

fructis sleek and shine shampoo and conditoner and john frieda miraculous recovery deep contitioner.

when i wash my hair i do it in the shower, i get some shampoo and get it all over and well rubbed in then i rinse it then add i tiny bit of shampoo and spread it over the top (dont ask me why) then i run conditioner all over, then i wash that out, then i deep condition and leave it on for about 7 mins then wash that out, then i hand dry my hair a bit by brushing a towel over the top of my hair till its damp then i put small bit of deep conditioner all over , then when my hair gets longer ill wax it, but im spiking it and putting strong gel in it at the min.

i dont have a wide tooth comb yet and dont know where to get one eather, but its gonna have to be really wide for the separation and look i want.

well that it for my long post since u done so many :D

heres the pics of the look i want.

GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2004 at 8:48am
http://www.1kurtcobain.8k.com/images/nirvana-kurt-cobain-4001165_(1).jpg">

this is the main look i want - 2nd pic

this is 3rd- a close up

http://www.rockinblue.com/resourse/desktop/cobain800.jpg">

if im doing n e thing wrong to get this style plz tell me, *phew* finally finished :D
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2004 at 8:51am
stupid pictues.... lemmi try again

seperation one -3rd

GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2004 at 12:44pm
couple little things, what are bangs?

also i need the applying explaning a little more because i know little abut styling, eg: finger shake your hair into the position, how to apply only at the ends, and how to use the spray over ur hair and how much , sorry but i dont get it lol
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2004 at 9:27am
also im having trouble finding a wide tooth comb, there isnt one named "wide tooth" and i dont know what im looking for
D2521 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D2521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2004 at 8:47pm
Sorry for the delay in answering...had a bit of a crisis last week.

Okay...Bangs...that's just the hair at the top of your forehead that hangs down in your face.

The Wide-Toothed Comb...it's just a big comb with lots of space between the spikes of the comb...it helps create separation and more chunky look than if you used a regular comb or brush.

On applying to the ends...maybe this visual will help...imagine you have a pencil in one hand and on the other hand, you have the hair product on your pointing finger and thumb...a light coating of hair product...if you had to put the product on the end of the pencil, you'd use your pointing finger and thumb to press the product on and around the pencil tip. ....i.e. same technique with the tips of hair...grab a section near the end of the hair with one hand and with the pointing finger and thumb of the other hand, smooth a light coating of product (such as wax or pomade)...you may find that simply pinching the tips of sections of hair with your finger and thumb (while product is on them) works best for you.

A good trick to prevent applying too much product is to place some wax or pomade in the palm of your hand and rub your palms together...then you can dab your finger and thumb tips in your palm to pick up an ever-so-light amount of product to press or "pinch" into the hair tips. Think of your palms as the painter's pallet and your fingertips as the paintbrushes (maybe that's a stretch, but I hope you get the idea).

About the spray...my advice - especially if you are going for the look in the photos you posted, is to NOT use any spray. ALL of the looks in the photos you attached are loose...moveable...chunky...soft looks...you won't get anything but cripsy stiff fly-away helmet-head with spray.

One question though...you said you want the look in the photos...and that you want it blonde...but didn't you dye your hair black? Chemical processes alone...add to it, going from adding color to stripping it away to become blonde again will dramatically impact the health of your hair and the ability to grow it out to look the way you want.

Either way, keep up with lots of conditioning....like I said before...you won't see improvement overnight...conditioning HAS to become part of your routine if you want to grow your hair out long like that.
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 9:23am
ok, well what iv been trying isnt working very well, the main look i want is this

with this look, u can see, its a bit shiny and clumps together and allows for lots of movement it looks like.

at the min what iv been doign is waiting for my hair to try, then working in a bit of wax (the one u suggestes) then some of that clay (the one u said) on the ends, i dont have the light gel yet or the anti friz stuff. will the light gel stop it looking a tad bit dull? what affect will the light gel have, because the method i tryed sucks.

also i tryed doign my hair with soem gel with wax, i did wax and clay stuff like i said abouve but this time i added a little gel on the tips and a little all over, this stoped my hair looking dull and added clumpinf and a little movement (my hair is about.. 3 inches long im guessing) and i might dye my hair black again as when it was black i didnt use colourd hair shampoos and its dulled now. plz reply, thanks!

oh one last thing, if the light gel is a spray , will it still b effective? coz i never used spray be4
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 9:27am
also i been looking for a wide tooth comb and cant find 1, is there anywhere on the internet i can find a decent one? thx
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2004 at 8:16am

as you see in this picture , i think its the same style but not tucked behind the ears, with the stuff iv been trying its not the look iv been getting, ill try to get you soem photos when i get my camera working. also i posted abouve what i have tryed so far, coz with the current method, its just not what i been getting. thx!
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2004 at 8:17am
all the hair seems to be clumped together , but mine just wont do it so far,maybie the light gel and a wide tooth comb would help, but i cant find a comb that would give that much separation and i cant seem to get it, thx
D2521 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D2521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2004 at 3:45pm
Time Time Time...

I think you said your hair is three inches right now.
Short hair just isn't going to hang like Kurt's hair in the photo...it has to get longer for you to get that style.

The best thing you can do while your hair is growing out, is to take REALLY good care of it...which (tell me if you are getting tired of me saying this)...means lots of good conditioning and few-or-no chemical treatments (such as coloring).

I know how insainly maddening it is to have a style in mind and just have to wait for your hair to grow out enough for it to look like you want in the photo.

But what I know works with a lot of people, is to still keep that "end-in-mind" look you want...hang on to those Kurt and Depp photos, but in the mean time, try to find some photos of really cool styles with hair that is your current length.
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2004 at 7:04am
well ok just go through it one more time plz, at the min im doing normal stuff, shampoo, condition about every 2-3 days, how often should i shampoo/con/deep con if im adding a bit of wax when my hair is wet to have a sleekish look (i know its not wot i want but its workin for now) and some wax n gel at the bangs. thx

also having trouble getting wide-tooth comb coz i cant find and dunno wot im lookin for , thx!
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2004 at 7:23am
oh, and i cant find this wide tooth comb lol, i looked on adsa website and on ebay, plz help :D
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2004 at 7:27am
oh one last thing, when i start washing my hair better, will split ends go away? coz i do have a few, just wondering if u could repair them or something
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2004 at 8:49am
*sorry for spamming up the boards*

ok problem time, i just washed my hair and conditiond it and the hair at the front (bangs) kinda has a curl to the right on it, which it didnt have be4, this coz i didnt wash everything out properly?
n e way, some gel fixed that, but the way the hairdresser cut my hair sucks, is all jagged and didnt cut bangs in streight line, well it is, but its all jagged and has chunks out here and there, i dont really wanna get my hair cut again. but i guess if i cant fix split ends, that wot im gonna have to do :(
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2004 at 6:43am
u here? u havent posted for quite some time :D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic