Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Da WAIT iz OVA! :Deep Wave ERA:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young L da Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Da WAIT iz OVA! :Deep Wave ERA:
    Posted: July 31 2004 at 11:09pm
I finally figured it out fams..... in orda 2 have deep thick natural heavy lookin waves in ya head u gotta do this:
1. Get a pattern flowin on ya head (Best to stick to the brush you were using when u 1st started getting waves, because switching brushes fuks wit the pattern designs on your head and you will never get something flowing good )

2. Brush as usual but the KEY is NOT to get your hair cut until at least 3 to 4 months.

3. Fallow through and you'll see what im talking about
adelajawaves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adelajawaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 11:14pm
3 to 4 months?

I cant see my hair going over a month with out a cut .

ANY ALTERNATIVE?
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 11:17pm
Damn youngl 3 months without a cut, 2 months was the longest i went. you gonna have niggas switchin to fros goin that long
NewEraOg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewEraOg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 11:27pm
lol
Official Dream Team Member
http://dreamteam360.net
Dream Team Website

http://community.webshots.com/user/neweraog1

jarell1944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 11:33pm
lol in 2 weeks my hair gets atleast half an inch long...longest i went was 3
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 11:37pm
DAMN IMMA FEEL LIK IM BAC WEN DA BLACK PANTAS WERE OUT! WID DA AFRO.. NAW MAN I PASS ON DIS.. AFRO+WAVES LOL
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 11:56pm
yeah youngl maybe after you do it and your waves gets real ddep and spinnin that will change everything. Good luck Dogg
bulzeyelou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 11:56pm
dam...u for realz bout that L? thats a long time without a cut.....u got proof of this or somethin?
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 12:40am
I guess the thing bout the brush is prolly true.. but 3-4 months? Damn! Did u wait that long L? damn...

United Waves of America
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young L da Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 12:44am
Yea i got proof, i'll take digital pics of my head when i get a hold of da camera. I know its a LONG time but damn TIME = DEEPNESS. Trust me if u put alot of pomade in ur hair and use a Wave cap to keep it down pressed, you wont even notice how long it grows. When ur hair is PRESSED FIRMLY down, it grows in the same pattern as ur waves meaning that ur hair wont grow straight up since the wave cap is holding it down and as that is being done ur waves only gets thicker & thicker and higher & higher which equals DEEPNESS. Im just giving in on what I experienced.... just a help 'n' hand 4 ya waverz. Till den ill let my pics do da rest of da talking
[PS]- when u get ya cut ask for a # 2 or a daRk cesar.
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Young L da Kid Young L da Kid wrote:

Yea i got proof, i'll take digital pics of my head when i get a hold of da camera. I know its a LONG time but damn TIME = DEEPNESS. Trust me if u put alot of pomade in ur hair and use a Wave cap to keep it down pressed, you wont even notice how long it grows. When ur hair is PRESSED FIRMLY down, it grows in the same pattern as ur waves meaning that ur hair wont grow straight up since the wave cap is holding it down and as that is being done ur waves only gets thicker & thicker and higher & higher which equals DEEPNESS. Im just giving in on what I experienced.... just a help 'n' hand 4 ya waverz. Till den ill let my pics do da rest of da talking
[PS]- when u get ya cut ask for a # 2 or a daRk cesar.

sound good
CJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 10:45pm
da method makes sense but dats long time wit out a cut .. but its all bout how dedicated u r
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website
http://community.webshots.com/user/kingcam

BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 10:48pm
yup
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by CJay CJay wrote:

da method makes sense but dats long time wit out a cut .. but its all bout how dedicated u r

Yeah that true. Only thing is I couldn't be walkin up n school with my head lookin like that...

United Waves of America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 11:51pm
yeah thats what i'm sayin.....going without a cut for that long is hard for me cuz i got school and i try to keep it nice.....i wanna see how long Young L's hair was during that 4 month period to see if it looked bad.....i tried going without a cut for about 2 months but it got to the point where my hair wouldnt lay down with a du-rag....it was ugly cuz u could tell the hair was long and was caked with pomade and such.....
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2004 at 12:38am
Originally posted by bulzeyelou bulzeyelou wrote:

yeah thats what i'm sayin.....going without a cut for that long is hard for me cuz i got school and i try to keep it nice.....i wanna see how long Young L's hair was during that 4 month period to see if it looked bad.....i tried going without a cut for about 2 months but it got to the point where my hair wouldnt lay down with a du-rag....it was ugly cuz u could tell the hair was long and was caked with pomade and such.....
Yeah I hate how when it get that long wave caps are almost useless and u got to cake up yo hair just to lay it down. And even then it still ain'thow u want it. Then when u finally do get a cut, everybody's like damn.. look who got his hair cut.

L said his hair looked good after his durag was on.. but I dunno.. didn't really work for me when my sh*t was long. Now I'm at a one month max for a cut for school. Maybe next summer I might let it grow for the whole 3 months break..

United Waves of America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2004 at 12:41am
yeah thats what i might do.....
Nilelator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilelator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2004 at 11:44am
Forget that i'll have well groomed and ripples over time rather than having an afro for 4 months just to get that deep look. I got my own clippers and I get them out every week
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2004 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Nilelator Nilelator wrote:

Forget that i'll have well groomed and ripples over time rather than having an afro for 4 months just to get that deep look. I got my own clippers and I get them out every week

Do u got a trimmer? To line yo hair or do u just use da big ass clipper? Imma try to get a lil trimmer so its easy as hell to line. U eva tryed to line wid a clipper lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic