Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair greasy after two days?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmateurGrower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmateurGrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair greasy after two days?
    Posted: February 13 2005 at 9:50pm
Hey guys... I'm currently trying to grow my hair out to a decent length... As yet I'm not too sure what to do style wise, the initial goal was something like Tom Cruise had it in The Last Samurai (http://the-light.com/longhair/images/95919.jpg) but I may go a bit shorter overall with a centre part kind of falling down to about eye level.

Anyway, I've got it to just below eye level and the layers are growing out fairly well... I'm gonna be away from home for about 3 weeks, so I'm trying to get my hair used to being washed less often. I usually wash it every morning and then blowdry it with Garnier 'Fructis Style Smoothing Cream' that gives pretty cool results that I'm happy with, but the thing is I'd like it to be a bit lower maintenance...

The problem is, if I leave it for 48hrs without washing it, it gets really greasy feeling and looks really flat/lank. Not exactly a great look lol. Is there any way I can avoid that happening? I also find I keep getting it wet when I wash my face at night, and then dries in awful shapes when I wake up in the morning.

My hair is fairly naturally thick and wavy but can really frizz up if it's not really well towel or blow dried.

Any advice guys?

Cheers.
Innamorata594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Innamorata594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 5:02pm
you can buy a powder shampoo.If you have blonde hair, babypowder will work reallyy well...The powder absorbs the oil so you can go a few days without washing... as for getting your hair wet while washing your face-use a showercap(not very manly, i know). also--if its still in wierd kinks and shapes, use a flatiron when you wake up and run it over the kinky spots quick.
Sara
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 8:49pm
well each person is different. some may have towash everyday coz their scalp is oily some may only need to wash once a week. for you just stick to gentle shampoo since you are washing it often. just tie your hair or clip it when you wash your face to keep it from getting wet
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic