Print Page | Close Window

Chemical Straighteners

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Product Support
Forum Name: Product Reviews
Forum Description: Our readers do their own product reviews.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10189
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 5:25pm

Topic: Chemical Straighteners
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Chemical Straighteners
Date Posted: December 15 2002 at 6:30pm
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Phytodefrisant or if there are any other products that people liked? Do you have to blow dry in order to achieve smoothness? It`s not a wash out treatment is it? I have fine wavy hair that is medium length but frizzes and gets very poofy in humidity - I would like to avhieve wash and go straight smooth hair.

Thanks for any input!
PLind

Replies:
Posted By: wheeler
Date Posted: March 23 2003 at 3:36pm
I have curly hair and a few years ago I decided that I wanted bangs(bad choice). I got just my bangs chemically straightened and it lasted for about 2 days. I've never found anything that works so well that you don't have to put in at least 40 minutes of time to straighten. However, I have a friend who's very good with hair and straightened it REALLY well! I couldn't believe it. What she did was she took a large boar bristle round brush and blow dried my hair when it was damp, using the brush to smooth it down. She did it in small sections and when she was finished it did look wavy and frizzy. Then she just used a hair straightener on my dry hair and it got really smooth and shiny. The only products she used was a little hair gel, and only after she had finished styling it. It's this stuff called Wet and it's by Sebastian. I use it when I wear my hair curly too because it's flexible yet still holds. I hope this helps. I think the secret is in the straightener but I have no idea what brand it was. We were also out west so the dry air probably helped with the humidity and that would probably also alter the results. Good luck!

-------------
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck

Print Page | Close Window