Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10305
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 12:17pm

Topic: HELP!!
Posted By: Holly
Subject: HELP!!
Date Posted: April 08 2003 at 8:34pm
Hi! I really need some help. I'm getting my hair cut really short this coming Saturday and i know the hairstyle I want, but I have no idea what it's called. I'll try and give you an idea of what it's like... It's short of course and spiked upwards at the back with gel... I don't really know what the front looks like though... It would be very helpful if anyone even knew of a good site with some styles that weren't fashionable in the 50's and 60's, pls? None of that looks any good!!

Replies:
Posted By: Lady Maria
Date Posted: April 08 2003 at 8:54pm
Why don't you have your beautician at the beauty salon show you pictures of contemporary short hairstyles. Obviously a good beautician would know a variety of styles and would have photos in beauty books and magazines she could show you.

There are so many cute modern short hair styles that are very short. Your beautician could show you pictures of various types of short pixies and crops.

If your beauty salon doesn't have a good selection of beauty books or magazines with photos of short hairstyles, you are obviously at the wrong salon to get a short hairstyle.

When I went from long hair to a bob cut and later to a very short pixie, my beautician showed me some photos of short pixie crops and I chose a style I liked and she did a great job cutting my hair!

-------------
Lady Maria

Posted By: Twanda
Date Posted: April 09 2003 at 10:57am
Look on HairBoutique.com, the home for this hair chat. Look for the hairstyles finder and choose short, med, or long hairstyles. Try looking for Style #4597, it sounds like what you described. When I go short, that's the picture I take to the salon.

Print Page | Close Window