Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10400
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 7:39pm

Topic: Hi People!
Posted By: Debbie
Subject: Hi People!
Date Posted: March 04 2004 at 11:11am
Hi Group! I just wanted to say that I have the opportunity to grow out my hair now. It is in a 1/4 inch buzzcut and I would like to know if anyone can tell me the growing out phase. I know I cannot get to shoulder leghtn overnight, but any kind of help would be apprecitated! Will their be an awkward stage to it and I know that I can count on all of you for your continued support! Thanks alot. Debbie

-------------
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: BaldJasmine
Date Posted: March 04 2004 at 5:19pm
Hmmmm........
Just what is it you were trying to say before your edit?

-------------

Date Posted: March 04 2004 at 6:25pm
Sorry Jasmine- I always post and then I think it sounds stupid so I take it out and then put it back in. Debbie

-------------

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: March 04 2004 at 8:19pm
Why do you want shoulder length hair? Short hair is so much more fun IMHO. Are you just bored with your buzz cut?

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: March 07 2004 at 1:45am
The growing-out period from a buzzcut is pretty bad, or at least it was for me. For a little while you'll feel a lot like you have a mullet going on, when the back is looking really long compared to the top :-P . It might be easier if you keep it very short all around the bottom edges for a while, but I can't tell that from personal experience, as I went through it the really awkward way. Bleh, not fun at all :-P .
I think short hair is more fun, for sure. *nods* The longer my hair gets, the worse it looks, just flat and stringy, and it always seems to look really damaged the longer it gets, too. If it's longer, I usually am more concerned with just keeping it out of the way so it doesn't look too crappy or get in the way too much, so I'd just do a lot of ponytails or the occasional braids :-P . But I guess not everyone has hair as bad as mine, so it's not a problem for everyone.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Date Posted: March 07 2004 at 5:45am
Thanks for all your replies! I am trying to get to 1 inch at least. I know that hair grows at 1/8 per week and I am taking it one step at a time! The reason that I say 1 inch becasue anything longer would look stringy on me. The problem is that is has been so long since I had any hair that any legthn is going to make me feel awkward. But this should be somethng to see- for me at least! LOL!
Debbie

-------------

Posted By: hairalways
Date Posted: March 08 2004 at 4:53am
Debbie - I have to ask....What do you mean by "opportunity to grow it out"?
Also, you may want to hang at the long haired support board as well as here.

jacqui

-------------

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: March 08 2004 at 1:13pm
Be strong Debbie.. you can do it! Maybe when you reach your 1 inch goal you can go for 2 inches. Then I bet you could part it on the side, start some little bangs and be on your way to a new you!
Good Luck!

-------------

Posted By: BaldJasmine
Date Posted: March 31 2004 at 5:59pm
Did you grow your hair out Debbie or keep your buzzcut?

-------------

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: April 03 2004 at 6:58pm
Sounds very simple and clear, Debbie got butched! She wants to grow her out. Whether she decides to go long and beautiful to turn the heads of guys at every turn or just an above shoulder bob that she has some styling options with, she wants to grow back some hair. Debbie, I'll be up front.. I admire long hair and I think long haired women look stunning. I also understand some women like a shorter style. I have trimmed the hair of very long haired friends by sitting on the floor to keep it even mid thigh and I have trimmed bangs, top layers and fixed bad haircuts for shorter haired female friends. I dated a hairstylist nearly 20 years ago in Denver that was a nut when she saw long hair. She said, "Long haired people are paranoid, they just won't let you cut off their hair"! When I asked what was so bad about long hair she went ballistic. She told me she was an expert and they should just listen to her and do what she advises them. At first she was fun while we were skiing, out dancing, and talking music, but after she wanted to elope on a Friday to Nevada and be back to work on Monday. While not sure if I was even her right guy, I realized she needed to grow up. I'm sure some short hair fanatics will bing at this but it sounds like Debbie wants some styling options, not a group of shrill voices yelling cut it off. While I prefer long hair, a neatly trimmed bob can look good on a woman with the right features.

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: April 04 2004 at 3:08am
Of course, the fact so many males have a thing for long hair is one of the many reasons I so strongly prefer short-- the thought of being gawked at by strange men just totally creeps me out :-P .

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!