Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10526
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 6:23pm

Topic: hair
Posted By: jab_7_9
Subject: hair
Date Posted: February 01 2005 at 5:19pm
People say I have very thick hair, but I don't. My hair is thin, but I have a lot of it and way too much volume. I just don't know what style is best for me. I had my hair cut a few days ago. I liked it at first. Everyone at work says it looks great, but the back part just above my neck looks too poofy too me. I have tried everything from short to long. It was long; almost to the middle of my back. It's still long, but I had it layered thinking that it would make it less poofy. NOPE didn't work. Maybe my hair is just damaged. It looks okay in the morning, but by afternoon it's poofier and knotty. Any suggestions, HELP!!!! Thank you.

Replies:
Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: February 02 2005 at 1:28am
Does your hair grow in a weird direction there, or maybe curl there, and not everywhere else? Sometimes there are just weird places you can't control, and you've just gotta try to style it to play the weird part down as much as possible, and learn to live with it.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: HD_EU
Date Posted: February 02 2005 at 5:13am
To remove the volume on fine hair, use conditioners. It will make the hair heavier, makes detangling easier so the unkept style will (hopefully disappear).

Since it's OK in the morning what happens to it during the day? Do you play with it (unknowingly) or does it rub a lot against a high collar/turtleneck? Maybe an approach from two sides (remedy and looking for cause) may help you best.

Best of luck!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window