Print Page | Close Window

Lime Remedy For Oily Scalp on Long Hair!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair & Alternative Therapies
Forum Description: Share your experiences with Alternatives Therapies
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17823
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 3:43am

Topic: Lime Remedy For Oily Scalp on Long Hair!
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Subject: Lime Remedy For Oily Scalp on Long Hair!
Date Posted: January 05 2002 at 11:01pm
Hi all,

I met this woman today at an herb shop that had gorgeous knee length hair. I asked her about her hair care routine and she told me that she only shampoos her hair 2-3 times a month because her hair tends to be dry and get tangled easily when she washes but her scalp is oily.

To deal with the oily scalp she told me she uses an old trick that her grandmother taught her. She buys an organic lime at the health food store and cuts it into half. She then slices off a piece from one of the halves and gently pats it along her scalp at the oily parts. She does not squeeze the juice onto the scalp because it would be too sticky and could dry out the rest of her hair. However, she just pats the lime on the scalp and it absorbs oils and picks up dust and dirt.

She finished with a soft wet washcloth that she dabs along the scalp where the lime was to make sure there is no overlap on her hair.

She has been doing this for years and says that her hair is in great shape. She gets the ends trimmed by her hairdresser every 3 months or as needed but she said the lime trick has saved her from the wear and tear to her hair.

Makes sense but I am not sure it would work for me since I have a normal to dry scalp. I have been told by hairdressers that the key to having great long hair is to treat it very gently. The scalp is the part of the head that does need the most attention to avoid the hair follicles from getting clogged with oils or dust and dirt.

I am not suggesting that anyone try this trick but it is an alternative way to care for long hair.

If anyone has tried this trick I would love to hear about it.

Best wishes,
Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Replies: