Print Page | Close Window

Karen What Do Recommend For Dallas?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair & Alternative Therapies
Forum Description: Share your experiences with Alternatives Therapies
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17835
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 7:46pm

Topic: Karen What Do Recommend For Dallas?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Karen What Do Recommend For Dallas?
Date Posted: January 12 2002 at 12:48am
I will be in Dallas for business and I was wondering what alternative shops you recommend for oils, herbs and etc.? I heard you were a native of Dallas so I am hoping you can tell me all about all the little stores. Any good restaurant recommendations?

Replies:
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: January 12 2002 at 1:57am
Originally posted by GloryGirl GloryGirl wrote:

I will be in Dallas for business and I was wondering what alternative shops you recommend for oils, herbs and etc.? I heard you were a native of Dallas so I am hoping you can tell me all about all the little stores. Any good restaurant recommendations?

Hi GloryGirl,

Although I have lived in Dallas 20 years, I grew up in the Midwest. I was born in St. Louis, Missouri & lived there (Bishop DuBourg High School - if you are from St. Louis you will want to know that tidbit) until I moved to Dallas for my business. I adore living in Dallas and doubt that I will ever leave although I would seriously consider living in NYC which is another place I dearly love.

Dallas has some great places for alternative supplies.

Alpha Essentials in North Dallas www.alphaessentials.com is located adjunct to a very large Whole Foods Market. The store has aromatheraphy oils & books & candles & herbs & all kinds of related goodies. It is located at 101 S. Coit Rd #349 (214-575-8300).

There is also a Starbucks nearby and a Borders Books right near with a good alternative health selection.

Overtones is in the same general part of North Dallas as Alpha Essentials. Overtones has candles, some essential oils, alternative books, tapes & lots of gorgeous gemstone jewelry & dreamcatchers. Sometimes psychics are available for instant readings & they have psychic fairs from time to time.

The Constellation is an astrology bookstore that sells candles & jewelry and some essential oils along with crystals and incense. Very good selection of tarot cards, metaphysical books & books on alternative healing, aromatherapy & herbs. The Constellation is also in North Dallas near the Tollway & Belt Line road. Across the street from the Constellation is The Blue Mesa Grill which has good Tex/Mex. Glorias is in the same area and it is Salvadorian food w/ a twist of Tex-Mex.

Years To Your Health located on the web at: http://www.yearstoyourhealth.com - http://www.yearstoyourhealth.com
503 E. 2nd Street
Irving, Texas 75060
972-579-7042

Years is a cool store with hundreds of herbs, essentials oils, books, Reiki workers, vitamins. Lots of great finds. This store is in the old Irving area.

Talking about food in Dallas is a major undertaking so email me with specific interests & I will be happy to help point you. I can tell you that the nicest & best informed bartender in Dallas (IMO) is Charlie at Morton`s in Addison on Midway Road. If you stop by tell him that that folks at HairBoutique.com sent ya.

You picked a great time to visit Dallas. We have mild Winters but summers get very hot. :-(

Best wishes,
Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)