Forum Name: Hair & Alternative Therapies
Forum Description: Share your experiences with Alternatives Therapies
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17862
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 10:39pm

Topic: Shark Liver Oils?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Shark Liver Oils?
Date Posted: March 31 2002 at 4:34pm
My wife is trying to grow her hair longer and she showed me a year old copy of Cosmo magazine that recommended that you take shark liver oil complex to help hair grow. The article recommended that you take two capsules daily and it will help.

The article also recommended Phytotherathries Phytophanere hair vitamin as being really good. My wife takes the HairTopia vitamins and feels that they are really helping but I am wondering if she should also take the shark liver oil and/or the Phytophanere?

Replies:
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: April 04 2002 at 12:03am
Hi Jim,

I always say...if something is working - don`t break it. So I would not recommend that your wife switch from HairTopia to the Phyto if the HairTopia is working for her. However, shark oil can really help some people. Other Essential Fatty Acids can also help. I personally take a variety of EFAs every day. When I don`t I notice that my skin and hair dry out a little bit.

If you do have your wife take either the shark or other oils, make sure you get top quality that are stored properly and refrigerated to avoid rancidity.

Best wishes,
Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)