Forum Name: Hair & Alternative Therapies
Forum Description: Share your experiences with Alternatives Therapies
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17891
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 10:02am

Topic: trimming the split ends by twisting hair
Posted By: wittils
Subject: trimming the split ends by twisting hair
Date Posted: January 16 2003 at 1:59am
I have read about the technique of twisting sections of hair and then snipping only the frayed, split ends that stick out... even if it means following the twisted section all the way up to the roots. I know that it is good to get rid of the split ends, because they will keep on traveling up too in time, yet doesn`t all this snipping cause hair to be frizzy with short ends all over?

-------------
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.

Replies:
Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: January 16 2003 at 7:37am
If you are cutting off the splits that stick out all the way up to the root, doesn`t that mean there are already short ends all over (or else you wouldn`t be snipping the ends.)?

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: wittils
Date Posted: January 16 2003 at 3:38pm
True. And healthy frizz is better than unhealthy frizz I suppose, but do you think this is a good way to go, or just allow the hair to grow and keep up the dustings as I let my hair grow long. My story: I have chemically traumatized my hair for the last 6 years, and since last fall decided to see what my true color really looks like these days. Oh the damage that has been done, and my hair went through major withdrawals. But I have been a good girl and have been using oil treatments... believe it or not I have found Burt`s Bees Apricot Baby Oil wonderful on my hair, whether as a hot oil treatment, or a preshampoo treatment, or just oiled up. It has apricot kernal oil, grapeseed oil, wheat germ oil, vita E, rosemary extract, beta-carotene, and a wonderful fragrance, that`s all. I also use it around my eyes and the morning bed wrinkles are not there. I love the stuff. My hair is doing great. But I am always looking for ways to keep it at its best. Especially since I am now growing it long. It`s to my angel wings right now.

-------------
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.

Print Page | Close Window