Print Page | Close Window

can i get dreads with my kind of hair?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Dreadlocks
Forum Description: How to start, care and feed your dreads...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17979
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 10:03am

Topic: can i get dreads with my kind of hair?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: can i get dreads with my kind of hair?
Date Posted: February 16 2004 at 12:54am
i have the typical 'blond hair, blue eyes' caucasian hair. i think my hair would be considered fine. so can i get dreads and if so how long does it have to be before i can get a dread perm?

Replies:
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: March 18 2004 at 6:23am
you people are sloooow

Posted By: emilee
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 6:18pm

id write & tell you the answer

but im still asking.

ive got thin hair.

i read that anyone can get dreads
im just more curious as to how good
they will look with my hair being so thin.. you know?

i bet we'll get no answer though.
i dont think anyone reads these anymore..

Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: March 25 2005 at 7:17am
Ok well, u can get dreads, u will most likely have to do the backcombing method.  It is when they use a wax and comb a section of your hair backwards at a time. In the past, I have seen sites for this, u might want to try googling. I would say 3 to 4 inches is how short u can start off with straight hair.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: emilee
Date Posted: March 25 2005 at 8:08am
yeah maybe go to google & search for dreadhq & knottyboy those two give alot of advice on how to start them & they seem to be popular. my husband had some last year & he used dread hq stuff. it smells good & works good.. they are ALOT of work to begin though, i must warn you. i had to work on them 1hour 1/2 a week just tightening etc. at first.. but hey once they are started out well they are worth it. you just need a dedicated loved one to help you out for a while (:

Posted By: Scotchyroo
Date Posted: May 08 2005 at 2:25pm
    6 inches for a dread perm.  I do dread perms, and cannot guarantee any work on hair shorter than that.  Good Luck

Posted By: kateadreena
Date Posted: May 11 2005 at 7:51am

http://www.dreadheadhq.com - www.dreadheadhq.com

i don't reccommend the dread perm, i've heard of people whith fine hairs hair being so damaged it couldn't take being dreaded.

Posted By: Scotchyroo
Date Posted: May 13 2005 at 6:44am
   I wonder what you mean Kate.  Dreadlocks are permanent, which is to say, once you have real locks, you can't get them out.  Is that what you were talking about?  A fine-haired caucasian is going to have a really hard time getting dreadlocks without the perm I think.  What do you think?

Print Page | Close Window