Print Page | Close Window

Who can get away with having blonde hair?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=18292
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 4:36am

Topic: Who can get away with having blonde hair?
Posted By: dingojunction
Subject: Who can get away with having blonde hair?
Date Posted: March 04 2003 at 6:58pm
Just curious as to what you think about certain people having blonde hair(i.e,African-Americans,Latinos,Asians etc) Im Italian looking and wanna go to a dark blonde shade.My hair is currently dark brown.Just wanted some opinions thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: Ingrid16
Date Posted: March 05 2003 at 5:54am
Hi! These days just about anybody can get away with going blond. It's pretty common to see people who ethnically have dark hair going blond...while the result is anything but natural, it can be rather striking. I know of an Asian singer named Coco Lee who has long blond hair...it looks great. So, if you want a dramatic look, go for it! A warning, tho; it'll mean a lot more upkeep (deep conditioners, re-dyeing roots regularly, etc)...make sure that you're ready for a commitment if you do this.
Good luck to ya!

-------------
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: March 05 2003 at 9:08am
Ingrid is right on the money on all points, especially when it comes to increased upkeep. Although some people have a skin tone more naturally condusive to blond hair, I think it really depends on the tone of the blond (warm/cool) that will make the color complement the wearer. Plus there are about a million shades of blond from platinum/white to deep auburn hues, so if you really want to go blond, consult with someone who knows color and pick the most flattering shade for your skin. Good luck!

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: beachgerl
Date Posted: March 26 2003 at 10:32am
Hi there! I'm asian and I've been blonde ranging between light to dark blonde. Lyris is correct - make sure the dye matches your skintone. If you have olive skin, like me, then you probably would stick to ash or beige/wheat shades, possibly neutral/natural, but avoid golden blondes! Olive skintones clash with anything yellowy and golden. And the upkeep is high and quite damaging if you go any lighter than medium blonde.

But if you're not olive-skinned and is on pinkish/rosy side, go with ash or cool blondes. If you have warm undertones, regardless how dark or light you are, then you'll look great with golden blondes (think of Beyonce Knowles and Eve). Hair swatches would help you and gauge what you look good in the mirror.

Print Page | Close Window