Forum Name: Cosmetics
Forum Description: Tips & Techniques to look your best
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20672
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 10:36am

Topic: Kohl Eyeline vs Regular
Posted By: pinksaliva
Subject: Kohl Eyeline vs Regular
Date Posted: September 04 2004 at 6:31pm
I've read several reviews about Kohl eyeliners, I was just wondering what the difference is? Is it the texture or something? Which one do you perfer more / brand? Which one is better for lining your inner eye?

Replies:
Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: September 08 2004 at 12:17am
Well, I know kohl has been used for thousands of years, at least since the time of ancient Egyptians. It seems pretty soft and easy to blend, but I dunno how well it compares with other liners, since my experience with make-up is pretty limited. I only ever used kohl and the occasional liquid liner, and I didn't really care for the liquid.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: EmeraldNight
Date Posted: December 19 2004 at 1:35pm
As far as I know Kohl can mean a bunch of things.
There is a difference in pigments and oils between kohls and regular eyeliner, but im not sure what it is. Like Kuroneko said, the kohl is easier to blend and has a richer texture to it in general.

But there are also times when cheaper companies who will use "kohl" as a colour, not refering to a richer consistency.

On a side note, i love liquid eyeliner particularly on top of the eye. Its always been hard for me to get precise lines with penicl on the lid.

-------------

Posted By: EmeraldNight
Date Posted: December 19 2004 at 1:39pm
opps sorry I think i posted twice on accident

-------------

Posted By: HazelnutGelato
Date Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:56pm
in my experience, kohl is generally smudgier and doesn't last as long.

...sexy, though.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window