Print Page | Close Window

To do cosmetology... or not??

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Beauty Job Board
Forum Description: Have a job you need to fill or need a job in the beauty industry?
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20951
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 9:53pm

Topic: To do cosmetology... or not??
Posted By: portrgirl
Subject: To do cosmetology... or not??
Date Posted: June 18 2004 at 12:06pm
My situation: I have 2 years of college under my belt. It's been really hard for me to decide on a major. I want to do something in the fashion/beauty market so I thought I could do journalism or PR and write for a magazine or beauty company... then marketing b/c I could work for a fashion or beauty company...

Cosmetology's always been in the back of my head but I've always said it's my back up plan in case I don't get a job after college. I *have* to go to college - that's the attitude I grew up in. It's what you do after high school - no other options. My parents are very supportive, it's just that that's been ingrained into my head from everyone everywhere so it's not a good feeling when I think of leaving... Not to mention all the money and loans I've spent these past 2 years!! And time. I'm not sure if it would be worth it for me to leave now...

Has anyone else gone through this w/ any career choices? Advice??

Replies:
Posted By: BaldJasmine
Date Posted: July 03 2004 at 4:20pm
You need to do what you want in life.
If you have a passion for something, you will do well at it. You could maybe make more money at something else, but if you make more money and are unhappy, what good is the money?
Go with your heart. You can still make a decent living and will be doing something that makes you happy.
Best wishes.

-------------

Posted By: MenaceIISociety
Date Posted: July 08 2004 at 8:10pm
Do what u feel is best

-------------

Print Page | Close Window