Print Page | Close Window

Crystal Gayle Haircut--Well, sort of, but don`t be alarmed.

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beautiful People, Beautiful Hair
Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21811
Printed Date: August 23 2014 at 2:28am

Topic: Crystal Gayle Haircut--Well, sort of, but don`t be alarmed.
Posted By: Durango
Subject: Crystal Gayle Haircut--Well, sort of, but don`t be alarmed.
Date Posted: June 08 2001 at 1:22pm
Miss Gayle appeared on "Fox & Friends" on the Fox News Channel on Friday, June 8, to sing a song from her new children`s album, "In My Arms." In response to a question from one of the anchors, she said that she had cut her hair some. Before anyone has a coronary, it is about knee length. Frankly, I thought the bottom 18" or so looked pretty thin and stringy. At the risk of offending both the "wear it long" and "cut it short" camps, I think it would look better trimmed to her waist. As JF has observed, it is her signature look--she`d be foolish to cut it short. But the bottom didn`t look very good. This may be a function of her age and the difficulty of keeping such long hair in good condition--she is 50 this year, and I would assume that by now she is coloring it regularly.

BTW, the lady still has a great set of pipes.

-------------
Durango

Replies:
Posted By: jimbo
Date Posted: June 08 2001 at 5:27pm
I agree!

I think long hair becomes most women and very long hair is all too rare. It is also Crystal`s trademark. On the other hand, I agree that the ends of her hair have looked thin and unhealthy. Personally, I think thigh length (still incredibly long) would suit her best.

Do you know of any recent pictures?

-------------

Posted By: JES
Date Posted: June 08 2001 at 7:04pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP139333248&id=5514&page=1#3.5516.1 - 3.5516.1
While I am a short hair lover, I agree that it is her trade mark. Though I think a cut to the waist would keep her trademark and at the same time bring her new publicity. It would also bring her a better looking head of hair - it is very straggly and looks nasty.

-------------

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: June 10 2001 at 10:07pm
I agree too. How on earth could she keep all that mess clean????

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Date Posted: June 11 2001 at 6:00pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP139333248&id=5514&page=1#3.5516.1 - 3.5516.1
Try the attached URL`s.

-------------
Durango

Date Posted: June 11 2001 at 6:10pm
Reply to message: 3.5531.1
Aargh! Take the semicolons off the URL`s; otherwise, you will get a syntax error. Sorry!

-------------
Durango

Date Posted: June 11 2001 at 6:13pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP139333248&id=5514&page=1#3.5533.1 - 3.5533.1
Second URL:

-------------
Durango

Print Page | Close Window