Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21845
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 3:10pm

Topic: "Dallas" hair
Posted By: Gord
Subject: "Dallas" hair
Date Posted: June 25 2001 at 6:13pm
The messages about Linda Gray (Sue Ellen Ewing of Dallas) led to a great site containing a huge selection of Dallas photos. The best hair from that era? In my humble opinion:

1. Lucy (Charlene Tilton; did you expect me to pick someone else?
2. Sue Ellen (when her hair was at its longest)
3. Jenna (Priscilla Presley)

Replies:
Posted By: jimbo
Date Posted: June 25 2001 at 6:41pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP139333248&id=5694&page=1#3.5694.1 - 3.5694.1
I`m surprised, Gord. Have you forgotten Mary Crosby`s (Kristin`s) hair? Wavy, light brown hair that fell to her waist.

-------------

Date Posted: June 26 2001 at 9:09am
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP139333248&id=5694&page=1#3.5695.1 - 3.5695.1
quote:

jimbo originally wrote:
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP139333248&id=5694&page=1#3.5694.1 - 3.5694.1
I'm surprised, Gord. Have you forgotten Mary Crosby's (Kristin's) hair? Wavy, light brown hair that fell to her waist.

Nuts. Not only did I sin by forgetting Mary Crosby, but I left out Deborah Shelton. I`m sure there will be more. My revised top five:

1. Charlene Tilton (she was there so long)
2. Mary Crosby
3. Deborah Shelton
4. Linda Gray (at its longest)
5. Priscilla Presley

Carry on.

-------------

Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: June 26 2001 at 9:42am
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP139333248&id=5694&page=1#3.5700.1 - 3.5700.1
Two more you forgot, though one may have been intentional:

- Morgan Brittany, in they heyday of her big, brunette hair.

- Kimberly Foster, whose short `do caused a minor hairstyle craze of its own (see the link if you forgot what she looked like).

As usual,
JF

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Date Posted: June 26 2001 at 1:33pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP139333248&id=5694&page=1#3.5701.1 - 3.5701.1
quote:

JerkyFlea originally wrote:
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP139333248&id=5694&page=1#3.5700.1 - 3.5700.1
Two more you forgot, though one may have been intentional:

- Morgan Brittany, in they heyday of her big, brunette hair.

- Kimberly Foster, whose short 'do caused a minor hairstyle craze of its own (see the link if you forgot what she looked like).

As usual,
JF

I did forget Morgan, but would not have included her in my top 10, much less top 5. I saw Kim Foster in the pix offered on the Dallas site. She would have to be six or seven, maybe behind the character Callie, JR`s young wife near the end of the show.

-------------

Posted By: Ingo
Date Posted: June 26 2001 at 3:16pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP139333248&id=5694&page=1#3.5702.1 - 3.5702.1
I agree with most of those choices for best hair on `DALLAS` but there are a few who i think do not deserve to be there as well as a few who should be there. Firstly Kimberly Foster definately not. that bowlcut style is awful although i suspect that because i hated her character i am biased in those thoughts. Also Morgan Brittany had good hair - sometimes. Most of the time it looked dry and frizzy much like Audrey Landers (Afton Cooper) - didn`t they ever hear of VO5????

Also I think that Victoria Principal had and still has great hair. It looked particularly good at the very beginning - below shoulder length layers that were dark brown and full as well as her reddish brown shag from the early 80`s and the shoulder length bob she had at the end of the dream season. ( It still amazes me how in the space of `one night` her hair went from a short helmet bob to a lovely shoulder length one- that musta been one helluva dream)

Also there was Susan Howard (Donna Culver Krebbs) who had good hair particularly when worn long and also when worn in a wavy midlength bi-level cut.

And not forgetting the one and only Barbara Bel Geddes ( Miss Ellie) who although her short layered bob type style never changed much save for some extra layering here and there - had great hair particulalrly considering her character`s age. (Except of course when she changed heads and became Donna Reed with big pouffy hair)

However I think if i had to choose a favourite it would either be Charlene Tilton or Victoria Principal pre-poodle perm and pre mall hair

-------------

Date Posted: June 26 2001 at 4:15pm
I guess when I think of Victoria Principal, I think of those little sideburns she often had, or whatever they`re called.

Speaking of women with great hair, is Karen Shelton related to Deborah Shelton?

-------------

Posted By: JES
Date Posted: June 26 2001 at 10:32pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP139333248&id=5694&page=1#3.5704.1 - 3.5704.1
Amazing how different people see things. I thought Kimberly Foster`s hair was fantastic. Since I was born and raised in Dallas - my opinion counts more!! (J/K) I was only about 5 miles from Southfork (though I never went in)

-------------

Print Page | Close Window