Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24155
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 10:30am

Topic: Nicole on ANTM
Posted By: Horse
Subject: Nicole on ANTM
Date Posted: September 17 2004 at 2:23pm
This girl's gonna get her hair cut into a pixie (just a hunch).

Mark my words.

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model3/models/bio/nicole.shtml - http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model3/models/bio/nicole.shtml

Probably around episode 2 or 3.

And when are we gonna get some re-runs of Cycle 2 so I can see Catie Anderson get a pixie? I'm guessin' I'm gonna have to wait until next summer/spring.

If I'm right, you all gotta give some props. Or at least call me "master of the obvious".

And if you ask "What does this have to do with celebrity hair?".

Face facts. Not talent anybodys have become celebrities, courtesy of reality TV.

-------------
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha

Replies:
Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: September 17 2004 at 7:54pm
And why not one of the others with longer hair? To me it would be a sad loss if any of them had to go that short. But wouldn't you get more to watch if you had one with long hair go really short? Murry and all the other talk shows have big rates I belive when they chop 1 to 3 feet of hair. So why not this show do the same?

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Posted By: Lester
Date Posted: September 17 2004 at 8:11pm
If Jennipher gets a pixie,I'll be sick. Her hair is beautiful and very long.

-------------

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: September 17 2004 at 8:34pm
I'm hoping for Leah. She seems to have the best face for a pixie.

Posted By: arch94
Date Posted: September 17 2004 at 9:56pm
Last year's show, they took the real long-haired girl to her shoulders...it was just too long they said...hopefully jenipher's headin down the same path...

My two cents.

-------------
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: September 17 2004 at 10:17pm
WHAT!!!! do you have esp or some thing and maybe neither of the girls wont get a pixie just because last year catie got a pixie cut which she hated doesnt mean that Nicole will get one so dont jump the gun about any of the girls yet until ANTM starts

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: September 18 2004 at 10:41am
It's quite common for agents to change models' hair when they sign them and the show reflects that with their makeover episode. The idea is enhance the model's beauty and make her stand out more. It appears all the white girls have longer hair.

In the first season, they gave the already short haired Leah a pixie. Last year, they cut the long haired Yoanna into a faux hawk and the long haired Catie into a pixie. Both of them looked good in their new haircuts and stood out more. Catie didn't like the cut. Yoanna embraced it. Yoanna won. Since this is a modeling competition, her look contributed to that. I'm sure the contestants here will remember that.

Catie's reaction made for compelling TV, something the producers have to like. When they brought her back for the where are they now show, Catie was happy with her short hair.

I'd guess there will be one or two dramatic haircuts.

-------------

Date Posted: September 29 2004 at 8:01pm
On the previews for next week's shoe the girls are getting makeovers. One with very long hair (jenniper?) has it gathered in a pony tail and the stylist says it is all going to be cut off!!!!!

Date Posted: September 29 2004 at 8:10pm
Keep the knives away from Gord and the long hair lovers. Jennipher has hair down to her waist. From the ANTM website:

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model3/show/ep01/index3.shtml - http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model3/show/ep01/index3.shtml

Quote ther memorable moments in this opening round include when Jennipher from Pocatello, Idaho, who has unusually long hair, breaks down crying when she tells the judges how badly she wants to get out of Idaho.

I'm sure the long hair lovers would argue with the term "unusually long hair."

While hair that long is beautiful, models rarely have hair longer than a few inches past their shoulders. Hair that long is difficult for stylists on the runways to work with. If the designer wants hair that long, they add extensions.

While they may take a model very short, don't count on it being Jennipher. She's 5'10" and they may just cut her hair to her shoulders. That would be dramatic. I'd guess a shorter girl would go very short.

-------------

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: September 29 2004 at 8:50pm
Ok I been hitting sites and someone leaked that our waist lenght model will have it cut to her shoulders. How true this is can be anyone guess.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: September 29 2004 at 10:08pm
Regarding Jennipher's long hair...the judges summed it up best when they said this...

1st judge---long and beautiful, but not practical

And personally, I think the 2nd judge is a genius. He said...

2nd judge--the Crystal Gayle look is NOT in fashion!

What a saint! That man deserves an award. lol

And in the deliberation process, Tyra Banks said...

"she's one of those girls that thinks because my hair is long it makes me pretty"

The world is full of 'em.

And next weeks preview shows the stylist telling jennipher "i'm gonna cut it all off" as he removes two feet on the spot.

My two cents.

Let the bashing begin. ;)

-------------

Date Posted: September 29 2004 at 10:41pm
Which one of the girls goes very blonde???

Date Posted: September 29 2004 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

Regarding Jennipher''''s long hair...the judges summed it up best when they said this...

"she''''s one of those girls that thinks because my hair is long it makes me pretty"

The world is full of ''''em.

And next weeks preview shows the stylist telling jennipher "i''''m gonna cut it all off" as he removes two feet on the spot.

My two cents.

If they have hacked Jennipher''''s hair, she won''''t be the only one crying. Sick.

Not in style, my ass.

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model3/models/bio/jennipher.shtml - http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model3/models/bio/jennipher.shtml

Posted By: wozziewoo
Date Posted: September 30 2004 at 12:18am
It shouldn't really surprise anyone though. This season will probably follow in the same style as the previous two. If it does, that means there will probably be about 3-4 good makeovers. One long haired cutting cut much shorter, which obviously is Jennipher. One shorter haired girl getting a really short cut, may be Nicole, or possible someone else. Then there is a color makeover. Amanda goes platinum blonde. Then as with Yoanna last year there may be another "wild card" makeover. Everyone will get makeovers but probably not "major" ones. UPN is not stupid, they know it's a ratings game. Part of the reasons behind this episode & the "more extreme" makeovers, besides possible enhansment for the sake of modeling, is to create buzz & acheive higher ratings.
One thing for sure Magdalena & Leah, will not be losing any of their hair. They have alreay been eliminated.

-------------

Posted By: rico
Date Posted: September 30 2004 at 11:24am
Next wednesday is the big makeover show.

-------------

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: September 30 2004 at 2:36pm
"She's one of those girls who thinks b/c my hair is long it makes me pretty. The world is full of them." Tyra Banks
Well, thank God for that! They are soooooo... right! Bob

-------------

Date Posted: September 30 2004 at 4:27pm
I thought that show was called americas next top model not next top makeover. My opinion is a model is suppose be pretty enough that she doesnt need makeover why dont they just get models that are ugly its sad what they did to jennipher

Date Posted: September 30 2004 at 6:33pm
It is disgusting what happens to Jennipher. Her hair looks like it is about 4 inches past her waist and they want to cut her hair off? I wish she had told them to kiss off. She is beautiful and that very long hair is beautiful. I think those fools were just jealous of her hair,so they hacked it off. Bunch of jerks!

-------------

Posted By: tennischick
Date Posted: September 30 2004 at 7:14pm
I dont think they were mean look at most if not all top models and there hair are not much longer than a little past there shoulders and if they want it longer they add extensions because long hair is really difficult to style.

-------------

Date Posted: September 30 2004 at 8:52pm
You sound like 12 year olds. This girl is on "America's Next Top Model." If Jennipher was as in love with her long hair as you are with it, she wouldn't want to be a model or be on the show. I don't understand why people here feel more of an ownership of Jennipher's hair than she has. You act like you own her.

Being a model means you do what you're told to do when you're told to do it. Getting work means that companies like Revlon or designers or photographers tell you what they want. Modeling isn't about the model. It's about the look these people want. If Jennipher wants to be a model and get work, she'll have to have shorter hair. And she'll have to change her hair often. Or she'll get stale. These people want fresh looks. Being a model isn't about being pretty. It's about giving them the look they want.

She can tell them off, but if she does she'll never make a living as a model. If she's attached to her hair, she should be a stockbroker, a teacher, or some other job where she has control over her look. You don't have that if you're a model.

-------------

Posted By: Camille83
Date Posted: September 30 2004 at 8:58pm

Regarding Jennipher's long hair...the judges summed it up best when they said this...

"she's one of those girls that thinks because my hair is long it makes me pretty"

And next weeks preview shows the stylist telling jennipher "i'm gonna cut it all off" as he removes two feet on the spot.

My two cents.

arch94 all of your posts are really stupid and is unfair to us or what you said about Jennipher so what is exactly wrong with a model with long hair and the stupid judges are also full of it especially the big mouth tyra banks who shouldn't talk because she has that ugly color and her really fake looking extensions too

Camille

-------------

Date Posted: September 30 2004 at 9:00pm

My two cents.

-------------

Date Posted: September 30 2004 at 9:03pm
Sorry Double Post

Camille

-------------

Date Posted: September 30 2004 at 9:53pm
I remember when Paulina Porzkova had hair down to her waist and nobody made her cut her hair. Models can have long hair and Jennipher should have only had to gotten a minor trim,if they felt she had to do something with her hair. Personally,I wouldn't have touched her beautiful hair.

-------------

Date Posted: September 30 2004 at 10:35pm
Her hair is still beautiful....it'll be a great, still long, but shorter style....You people act like they cut her arm off...it's hair, it'll grow back.

Still, with that being said...I can only think....score one for the good guys. lol

My two cents.

-------------

Posted By: hairalways
Date Posted: October 01 2004 at 3:39am
It really will be sad if the cut her hair. It is gorgeous, and they could do so many awesome and very different styles with it so long. They could even put a shorter wig on if they wanted it shorter.
I didn't know that short haired people were "the good guys".

jacqui

-------------

Posted By: Gord
Date Posted: October 02 2004 at 7:11pm
The information in this link must be a missprint. They say this longhaired beauty is a model, which, as we have discovered from the TV show about models, is not possible, right?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/041002/ids_photos_en/r1363266779.jpg&e=8&ncid=707 - http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/041002/ids_photos_en/r1363266779.jpg&e=8&ncid=707

Date Posted: October 03 2004 at 1:15am
Its all about the ratings. Unforutnataly seeing a long haired woman get her hair choped for some stupid show, which by the way I have yet to see on show ever, and when they anounced that they are going to chop Jeniphers hair well all the people who enjoy watching that happen wil tune in and some that don't just for curiosity sake. Jen could have kept her hair long and been a model as that cute blonde proves, although her hair is shorter then Jens. Maybe if more peoole would stop watching the makeovers and evne called and complained you could save some other long haired girl from going under the sicissors for some dumb t.v. show.

Date Posted: October 03 2004 at 4:07am
A sure sign of a civilzation about to crumble is when they run out of orginal ideas. Take the Roman Empire for instance.
and take ours right now.
We' have run out of any new ideas as a society.
Reality shows proove that. They are unstimulating for the mind and basically act out on our most visiral animalistic needs. A big hair chop on tv is no different then throwing the pesants to the lions in the Coliesuim. Anything to get the masses talking. and clammoring for more. Reality tv prooves we have no orginal ideas left as a society. Our music prooves this.
"Kill your B*tch, I'm a pimp" prooves this. Remakes of tv shows from our Golden past into feature length movies prooves this.

'

Date Posted: October 03 2004 at 6:20am
I beg to differ. Everyday I see new beutifull works art being created in the city I reside in, and I hear great local musicians playing great music about town. I think you just need to get off the couch stop watching TV and go out and live life.

Date Posted: October 03 2004 at 8:36am
whut's soo grate abowt awl dat ind to sibilisateun ez no moore speling

deep stuff man

Posted By: ace1308
Date Posted: October 03 2004 at 8:39am
All of the girls on the show are getting exposure that they never wouuld have gotten otherwise.
The show is purely entertainment has nothing to do with anything closly real life. The fact is if Jen refuses to get her hair cut I don"t think it will hurt her getting work as a model. It all depends if she is good or not and if someone really takes a liking to her. Look at that guy Hung the singer that has made alot of money being a loser.
Bottom line is that they all volunteered, in fact beat many other contestants out to get a spot. Im sure they all realize that would have to change their looks.
If all the "drama" of haircuts and other changes were not put into the show how could it go more than one night. Essentially it would be beauty contest.
Lets face it what to heck does a model have to do but put clothes on and walk.
IMO she Jen's hair looks great and it would make her stand out as a model.
Just my 2 cents

ACE

-------------
ACE

Date Posted: October 03 2004 at 9:30am
This is disgusting. There's no such thing as "too long", except for when the person decides.

For me, this exposes how worthless and shallow the whole industry is.

If some agent told me I had to cut my hair, I'd stab him with the scissors. I wouldn't let him try any of that emotional manipulation crap.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: October 03 2004 at 2:10pm

Rod commented: "Being a model isn't about being pretty. It's about giving them the look they want."

I personally appreciate the beauty of women much more than the notion of creating different looks through fashion. It's no wonder I don't care to know who today's "top models" are.

I hereby award that man the Pygmalion of the Year award.

It rarely if ever makes a woman look worse.

How ironic she says this, with a large photograph of her with waist-length hair, in the background of the camera shot. It's seems she's being hypocritical.

-------------

Date Posted: October 03 2004 at 6:22pm
I just saw a longer coming attraction to this coming Wednesday's makeover show......and Nicole does get a short pixie cut. They also dye it a lighter shade of red.

Date Posted: October 04 2004 at 4:55pm
Even though the judges say their aren't no models with long hair why don't they look at anna kournikova. I would say she's a pretty popular model, I just think those judges love short hair
It's real sad what they did to jennipher.

Date Posted: October 05 2004 at 7:20am
Anna K. isnīt a professional model!!!
Short hair is much better for the models because it brings out her facial and personal features better than hiding behind long hair allows it!

Posted By: Horse
Date Posted: October 07 2004 at 7:18am
Hoodwinked, Bamboozled, Shammed, Cheated, and Hornswaggled.

These are the feelings that ran through my mind after watching ANTM last night.

Are those mooks serious? Not one single shot or even mention about the change in Nicole's length. They talked about that one girl (Jennipher) "getting it all cut off" ad nauseum, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it was still well past her shoulders.

A girl gets a freakin' pixie and all they can talk about is the color (which wasn't that drastic of a change anyhow)?

That show's a joke. I'll never watch it again. Unless it's to watch Nicole.

BTW, Nicole was flat out smokin' after her "not worth mentioning" haircut. All the other girls can suck an egg as far as I'm concerned.

-------------
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha

Posted By: Heratic
Date Posted: October 07 2004 at 2:42pm
Oh dear - looking at the makeovers I can't see many normal women wanting to put themselves in the hand of the professionals on this show.

Following the transformations - nost of the contestants look worse IMHO

Amanda - now looks totally washed out
Ann - looks like a home colouring job that failed to cover all the grey
Jennipher - another whose new colour does nothing for her. Also they should have either left the length alone or taken all three feet off - but not two as she now looks plainly ordinary rather than special as she did before.
Nicola - love the colour but the picture of the cut is awful, hoefully it looks better than this.
Norelle (sic) - she could have achieved a very similar botch job with a pair of scissors at home and had a go herself.

-------------
Its your hair, your choice and your decision

Posted By: Gord
Date Posted: October 11 2004 at 7:08am
I tried commenting on this show the day after it aired, but I guess my comment didn't stick.

At the risk of piling on, this has got to be one of the most pointless, stupid shows I've ever seen. They cut a couple feet off Jennipher's beautiful mane, then add a foot or so to the blonde. They change the color of the one model to Lucille Ball red? All for the sake of what?

I'll never look at Tyra Banks the same way. She's no super model in my book, but she is a super b**** (I added the asterisks myself, thank you).

I could only take 17 minutes of the show. I guess when I saw fully grown women trying to apply makeup in a packed limo riding over potholed streets, I thought, why am I wasting my time?

Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: October 11 2004 at 9:51am
For the most part Gord, right you are...
Must be one of the most pitiful shows on TV right now! As for the looks, I can understand trying to give the model's a distinctive look, and Jennipher's hair needed to be shaped up, but they cut too much. On one hand, top models need to be versitile, but on the other hand they need a distinctive "look". Almost all of the attempts to give the models a "look" failed miserably, especially Jennipher. I would have trimmed 6 to 8 inches, and subtly highlighted her hair. As it is now, she is just another pretty face, nothing special. What a useless show.

Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

I tried commenting on this show the day after it aired, but I guess my comment didn't stick.

At the risk of piling on, this has got to be one of the most pointless, stupid shows I've ever seen. They cut a couple feet off Jennipher's beautiful mane, then add a foot or so to the blonde. They change the color of the one model to Lucille Ball red? All for the sake of what?

I'll never look at Tyra Banks the same way. She's no super model in my book, but she is a super b**** (I added the asterisks myself, thank you).

I could only take 17 minutes of the show. I guess when I saw fully grown women trying to apply makeup in a packed limo riding over potholed streets, I thought, why am I wasting my time?

Date Posted: October 11 2004 at 3:13pm
I didn't see the "after" pic of Jennipher, but it's impossible to imagine any shoulder length chop looking even a fraction as fantastic. If she wanted "practical", she had several years to opt for it. I think stylists are positively misogynistic when it comes to feminine looking women. For one to say it looks fantastic, then hack it all off, is nuts! Such a pity! Bob

Posted By: weebl
Date Posted: October 11 2004 at 4:55pm
are there any before and after pictures? if so can someone send a link?

-------------

Date Posted: October 11 2004 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by weebl weebl wrote:

are there any before and after pictures? if so can someone send a link?

Go to www.upn.com, and follow the links to the show.

Date Posted: October 11 2004 at 7:20pm
Gord write ythis down because this may be the only time i agree with you. I thought it was stupid as well that they hacked Jeniphers hair, 2 feet of it and butchered Norelles pretty hair, i wanted to see her get it cut but not like a five year old cut it. Then they add a foot of hair to Amanda, and the color they gave her is just wrong!!!! :< Tara is a hipocrit since she wears long hair extensions and is a modle. As i said before i have not watched the show ever and just seen pics on the net, after what they did to these girls i never will.

Date Posted: October 11 2004 at 10:03pm
I liked Amanda's hair... I thought it was very pretty.

Date Posted: October 12 2004 at 12:55pm
They told Jennipher that her hair was going to help a child with cancer. I hope that some day a John Stossel or someone will bring this cruel Locks of Love hoax to a merciful end. I'm sick of women with beautiful hair getting conned into parting with gorgeous tresses that took them many years to achieve.
As an aside, does anyone think that Jennipher's ordinary cut will drop more jaws than her extraordiary locks would have? The answer is obvious. This woman wants to be a model, and of course she's very pretty, but that one feature which set her apart has now been destroyed. I think this show couldn't care less about the women behind the beauty. Just my thoughts, Bob

Date Posted: October 12 2004 at 3:07pm
Not to get into the whole Locks of Love debate, BUT from what I have seen from companies who oversee charities, the fact is that Locks of Love do not use all the hair sent to them. They sell what they do not use to wig makers. However, it is also my understanding that they use the proceeds from hair sales to run the company, and no one is getting rich off of people's good intentions.

I believe them to be a legitamate charity, but I too am tired of using the charity as an excuse to cut hair.

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

They told Jennipher that her hair was going to help a child with cancer. I hope that some day a John Stossel or someone will bring this cruel Locks of Love hoax to a merciful end. I'm sick of women with beautiful hair getting conned into parting with gorgeous tresses that took them many years to achieve.
As an aside, does anyone think that Jennipher's ordinary cut will drop more jaws than her extraordiary locks would have? The answer is obvious. This woman wants to be a model, and of course she's very pretty, but that one feature which set her apart has now been destroyed. I think this show couldn't care less about the women behind the beauty. Just my thoughts, Bob

Date Posted: October 12 2004 at 3:07pm
Not to get into the whole Locks of Love debate, BUT from what I have seen from companies who oversee charities, the fact is that Locks of Love do not use all the hair sent to them. They sell what they do not use to wig makers. However, it is also my understanding that they use the proceeds from hair sales to run the company, and no one is getting rich off of people's good intentions.

I believe them to be a legitamate charity, but I too am tired of using the charity as an excuse to cut hair.

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Date Posted: October 12 2004 at 3:52pm
Locks of Love is a silly charity. It would be better to do a sponsered headshave for something better.

I mean, you can buy a wig anyway, they're not THAT expensive; and quite often the caner patients hair will grow back before yours does, if it was down to your waist.

I wouldn't cut my hair short because it looks horrible on me, but if I was a girl with a feminine face(maybe some day ;) ) I probably would grow it down to my waste them get it all chopped off for charity; a real chairty.
I'd probably bleach/dye it all a beautiful golden blonde colour just to enhance the effect :)

Date Posted: October 12 2004 at 6:41pm
Locks of Love is a wonderful charity, that helps children.

They should win a presidential award as a reward for helping humanity.

My two cents.

-------------

Date Posted: October 13 2004 at 11:15am
What? You're only supporting it because women cut off their hair as a result of it.

It doesn't make sense anyway, since you LIKE short hair/hair being cut off; why would you support a charity that gives it?

Date Posted: October 13 2004 at 12:17pm
Vineman, have you looked at the LOL website? Do you now anything about the wigs they make? They are custom fitted to the head of the individual, take a long time to make, and cost thousands of dollars. The families of people who usually get the wigs have already probably spent thousands of dollars of their own money on treatment.

Originally posted by Vineman_ Vineman_ wrote:

Locks of Love is a silly charity. It would be better to do a sponsered headshave for something better.

I mean, you can buy a wig anyway, they're not THAT expensive; and quite often the caner patients hair will grow back before yours does, if it was down to your waist.

I wouldn't cut my hair short because it looks horrible on me, but if I was a girl with a feminine face(maybe some day ;) ) I probably would grow it down to my waste them get it all chopped off for charity; a real chairty.
I'd probably bleach/dye it all a beautiful golden blonde colour just to enhance the effect :)

Posted By: weebl
Date Posted: October 13 2004 at 3:01pm
well if you had free health care like here

-------------

Date Posted: October 14 2004 at 12:06am
Originally posted by weebl weebl wrote:

well if you had free health care like here

nothing is free homie. you pay for that heath care with taxes.

Date Posted: October 14 2004 at 11:15am
Arch94 just annoys the hell out of me. He wants to give just about every woman on the planet a pixie, yet considers Locks of Love to be a "great charity" who supposedly *give* people who would otherwise be stuck with shaved/short hair long hair.

Hmm, don't suppose it's *ANYTHING* to do with the fact that people cut their hair off for it?

THis blatant lying and trying to look like a concerned citizen is bugging the hell out of me.

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: October 14 2004 at 3:11pm

Arch94 just annoys the hell out of me. He wants to give just about every woman on the planet a pixie, yet considers Locks of Love to be a "great charity" who supposedly *give* people who would otherwise be stuck with shaved/short hair long hair.

Hmm, don't suppose it's *ANYTHING* to do with the fact that people cut their hair off for it?

THis blatant lying and trying to look like a concerned citizen is bugging the hell out of me.

As a good buddy of Aches I can tell you his job has become very demanding and he may not have time to respond as promply as he normally would. So I will respond for him. Nothing will make him happier than to know he annoys the hell out of you! In fact, it may be a tie as to who is more tickled by it, him or me....lol

-------------

Date Posted: October 14 2004 at 5:43pm
Amen to that Hal...i'm tickled to death over it.

Btw Vineman, of course I like LOL all the better cuz they contribute to some substantial chop-offs of long hair. Anything that can get some long ponytails chopped off is OK in my book...

It's also nice that LOL does help sick kids with their self image and self esteem...and if it helps contribute to my short hair fetish it's even better.

But don't worry Vineman, if you have long hair, you're safe. Men getting their hair cut does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me!!! So any man will never hear me tell them to get a cut...as for women, buzzbacks and pixies rule!

My two cents.

-------------

Date Posted: October 15 2004 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

As a good buddy of Aches I can tell you his job has become very demanding and he may not have time to respond as promply as he normally would. So I will respond for him. Nothing will make him happier than to know he annoys the hell out of you! In fact, it may be a tie as to who is more tickled by it, him or me....lol

You just stated, quite clearly, that he is a troll.

Date Posted: October 15 2004 at 9:01am
Okay, I'm calling a timeout for all of you. Long hair fetishists into that corner and short hair fetishists into that one. Don't come out until you're ready to write about hair in a way everyone wants to read, not only in a way that meets your fetish.

-------------

Date Posted: October 15 2004 at 9:30am
Arch a troll... now that is funny. Come on Vineman_ (unregestered) by def a troll is someone representing someone they are not. One thing I think any one that read Arch's post can tell you is he is exactly what he says he is... a buzz back, pixie lover!!! If you are implying he and I are the same...lol.. he only wish he were me...lol

-------------

Date Posted: October 15 2004 at 9:41am

Arch a troll... now that is funny. Come on Vineman_ (unregestered) by def a troll is someone representing someone they are not. One thing I think any one that read Arch's post can tell you is he is exactly what he says he is... a buzz back, pixie lover!!! If you are implying he and I are the same...lol.. he only wish he were me...lol

Right you are Hal!

Vineman, you need to do a couple of things things, for someone who posts so much, register for pete's sake, and oh yeah, I need your address so I can send you a quarter, and you can go buy a clue!

Date Posted: October 15 2004 at 6:35pm
Lmao Hal,

Hal...don't you mean that "you wish you were me"?

You've seen my wife, so i know for a a fact, that you wanna be me!!! So there.

And yes, this is unrelated to celebrity hair...

Speakin of celebrity hair...I still think Jennipher should have gone shorter, but it's an improvement.

My two cents.

-------------

Date Posted: October 16 2004 at 10:19am
Quote ome on Vineman_ (unregestered) by def a troll is someone representing someone they are not.

No, A troll is someone, that by definition, attempts to stir up a negative reaction for their own amusement, which is what you said Arch did.

It's just that most "Trolls" we get around here are also pretending to be someone they're not, IN ORDER to stir up a reaction.

A troll can be a long posting member too, who just happens to get worse. I used to be a bit of a troll myself, until I grew out of it.

Date Posted: October 16 2004 at 11:28am
No, you have described a flamer, like yourself!

Posted By: hairalways
Date Posted: October 16 2004 at 11:40am
So Arch 94....How does your wife wear her hair?

To keep on topic, I thought Nicole looked really beautiful with the color and short cut, but i thought it needed a bit more "style" - either more deconstuctive piecing to the ends, ie longer and shorter bits al la japanimation - or a more organized pixie.

But then when they showed the jeans ad of her, I could tell in her face she was missing her gorgeous hair.

Jacqui

-------------

Date Posted: October 17 2004 at 7:53am
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

No, you have described a flamer, like yourself!

Don't be immature. I've hung around enough forums, believe me I *know* what a troll is. Everyone on message boards these days is a "flamer".

Date Posted: October 20 2004 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

Gord write ythis down because this may be the only time i agree with you. I thought it was stupid as well that they hacked Jeniphers hair, 2 feet of it and butchered Norelles pretty hair, i wanted to see her get it cut but not like a five year old cut it. Then they add a foot of hair to Amanda, and the color they gave her is just wrong!!!! :< Tara is a hipocrit since she wears long hair extensions and is a modle. As i said before i have not watched the show ever and just seen pics on the net, after what they did to these girls i never will.

Wow. We agree. 100%. Go figure.

Though I will "confess" to having watched a bit of the show last week (?) where on a photoshoot for jeans... the first thing they did was to give all the models extra hair. duh. How about doing that before the salon visit next time, huh?

I certainly don't think the salon makeovers were about enhancing the beauty of the girls. If anything, it was more about (a) testing the girls to see if they were willing to be abused [check], and (b) demonstrating the crazy sh|t they can technically do -- wild colors, chop, add, etc [check]. Basically, to find out if they "qualify" to become models. Glamourous? Heill no.

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2004 at 7:27am
Dave.. good point but I think it was even more basic than what you have mentioned. For what ever reason it is a undeniable fact, people like to see makeovers. Morning shows do them, talk shows do them, magazines have them, shows keep coming on air solely about makeovers. I think the ANTM folks know a makeover episode is big ratings, so they do one and could care less about what the results are. Personally, I would love to see one of these girls refuse to have her hair cut. That would really show she had teh right stuff to be a top model. Think Cindy Crawford would cut her hair if she didn't want too?

-------------

Date Posted: October 31 2004 at 2:08pm

Dave.. good point but I think it was even more basic than what you have mentioned. For what ever reason it is a undeniable fact, people like to see makeovers. Morning shows do them, talk shows do them, magazines have them, shows keep coming on air solely about makeovers. I think the ANTM folks know a makeover episode is big ratings, so they do one and could care less about what the results are. Personally, I would love to see one of these girls refuse to have her hair cut. That would really show she had teh right stuff to be a top model. Think Cindy Crawford would cut her hair if she didn't want too?

You know, Hal, I had a similar thought during the makeover episode. Just beforehand, Tyra told the girls to embrace their unique physical characteristics. I thought that Jenn could have used the lesson as an opportunity to stand firm by her hair at the salon. She may have heard Tyra's words, but apparently didn't get the message. I agree with you -- having demonstrated that she had a backbone would certainly have demonstrated a mental toughness that (to some degree, at least) would have helped her in the modeling business (heck, that would help anybody in any business).

-------------

Print Page | Close Window