Print Page | Close Window

flour paste in hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24569
Printed Date: May 14 2024 at 6:50pm

Topic: flour paste in hair
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: flour paste in hair
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
My daughter has beautiful although frizzy hair. We decided to try a home remedy that I found in a beauty book checked out from the local library. It called for mixing a cup of flour with a cup of water and applying this to the hair, let it sit for 20 minutes, then rinse out & shampoo. Supposed to do away with frizz. Well, we mixed up the stuff and put it on, but when it came time to rinse it out, it turned into little pieces of dough stuck all in her hair. It's sticky like pizza crust dough. So far we've tried loading it with conditioner (didn't work), pouring Wesson oil on it (didn't work) and now, at 1 in the morning we've decided to let it dry and try some more tomorrow. Does anyone have an idea on how to get this mess out? We would be so grateful.

Replies:
Posted By: Erin
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
Hey HomiesSorry to hear about your mishap, maybe its suppose to do away with friz because you have to cut it all out! that would get away the friz wouldn't it! Well sorry, just had to say it. If you wanted to get the frizz out (I have frizzy hair too sometimes in the heat) I condition it, deeply. Go to bodyshop and get this brazilnut stuff, its like heaven, the smell! OOH! Or get 'frizz ease' from the drug store if you like. In order to get this shit out, Ir eally reccomend maybe trying to brush it out when it dries, might break some of the hairs, but eh, better than cuttin it eh? Just condition it afterwards, let me know how it turns out!Kutos!Erin

-------------