Print Page | Close Window

Must shave due to destructive haircut

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24666
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 7:59pm

Topic: Must shave due to destructive haircut
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Must shave due to destructive haircut
Date Posted: June 20 2000 at 7:46pm
It has now been 3 years of waiting to get up the nerve to shave. I am 49 y/o woman who has had a haircut from hell. My whole left side, my crown and back was completely removed and razored off in order to copy a photo of how my hair had been styled in the past. I had a short shag about 7 years ago utilizing my own natural wave and curl. My hair had been short for about 10 years. This bimbo so called "stylist" I mistakingly found in the yellow pages Looked at the photo I brought her and proceeded to cut my hair saying I know just what you need. She went to the back of my skull and I felt a snip. I said "what are you doing"? She answered "Oh, with that cut you can start anywhere on the head". After cutting she said oh, you don't have curly hair on that side and you don't have enough hair to cover your head but I will make your hair curl anyway. You are more interested in style than curl anyway, aren't you? An incredible fear ran through me at the moment she cut I knew I should have run but I just wanted to believe she knew what she was doing. She then handed my the blowdryer and told me to go ahead and blowdry my hair the way I always did. She removed my whole crown and back and created little chopped up pieces of hair that were supposed to curl into a ball. There is no way my hair can grow out of this. I am basically left with just made up bangs. She left more than a whole in my crown. She basically tried to make it custom fit to my occipital. Will my hair ever know how to grow out of this. I believe I will just have to remain bald for life but I guess that will be better than having hair that does not fit your head. Has anyone ever had such a irreversible destructive haircut that could not in anyway grow out? I have been to many stylists since then and they could not understand what was going on with my hair. I even went to a dermatologist and was told that I don't have alopecia, just very fine and unruly hair. It is as though she cut the back of my head right off.

Replies: