Print Page | Close Window

Not a BLOOPER, but a problem nonetheless....

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24671
Printed Date: April 20 2024 at 7:28am

Topic: Not a BLOOPER, but a problem nonetheless....
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Not a BLOOPER, but a problem nonetheless....
Date Posted: July 06 2000 at 10:06am
I wouldn't consider this a blooper, but it's definitely a problem I need some help with! My natural hair color is a medium to dark brown with a pretty good spritzing of gray. I dyed my hair various shades of red for MANY years (looking for the all-elusive drop-dead gorgeous copper-red!!), then went to a strawberry blonde that mixed Clairol Blondest Strawberry and Clairol High-Lift Golden Blonde half and half with a 30 volume developer.

About a year and a half ago, I decided I wanted to go red again...and now I can't get a red to stay in my hair to save my life! It's gotten somewhat better, but at first I could see the red in the water I washed my hair in for quite awhile after I colored. I started to use a protein-filler and that helped, but I still have a tremendous fade problem. I'm having to dye my hair every 4 to 6 weeks, not only to dye my roots, but to get my color back everywhere! I never had this problem before - I used to be able to get away with just dying my roots. I've been using Clairol Reddest Fire Red mixed half and half with Clairol High-Lift Natural Blonde, using a 30 volume developer; however, I've tried other combos of colors with the same result.

HELP!!! What do I do to keep my color from fading so badly!?!

Replies: