Print Page | Close Window

Products and tools for fine hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27884
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 6:55am

Topic: Products and tools for fine hair
Posted By: demodoll
Subject: Products and tools for fine hair
Date Posted: April 03 2003 at 11:43am
What products do you use for washing and styling your hair? I have found that I can't ever use conditioner and I generally use a clarifying shampoo to really get my hair clean and give it as much volume as possible. Right now I am using Tigi Superstar and Wella spray gel for styling and I either blow dry on hot, high setting or use the Sassoon dryer brush with the 1 1/2" brush. Then spray with Vavoom. This is OK, but in humidity, it doesn't work very well. Has anyone found anything fool proof?

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Replies:
Posted By: bluebee
Date Posted: April 05 2003 at 1:32am
I have to switch around every few days. I like Nioxin, I wash my hair first, then put the scalp conditioner on for the rest of my shower. You can use the conditioner w/ any shampoo. I don't use it everyday though. Maybe I'm just fooling myself, but it seems there are less hair loss in my hands after I use it.

I have the best results with salon products. I have some redken All Soft on order, I like Biolage, I am a shampoo junkie.

I use redken Thickening lotion or millifolium expanding lotion. I also use Millefollium alopecia masking lotion on my crown , it colors the scalp and makes your hair appear thicker. I won't be without it ever. www.millifollium.com

I get best results if I blow my hair dry too. When I curl it, I use redken Hot Sets, a spray to help your hair hold the curl.

-------------

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: April 06 2003 at 10:04am
I have been using the Progain clarifying shampoo for several months. I really like it a lot. I normally switch shampoos frequently but I am sticking with this one for the time being.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: wittils
Date Posted: April 06 2003 at 3:37pm
Oh guys... I just use what works for me no matter what slack I might get from my friends at Hair Talk.

Presently I use Back to Basics Ginger Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner, the Masque is good too.

I alternate with Clairol's Herbal Essence Clarifying Shampoo... (this was by accident, since it was my husband's "cheap" brand of shampoo just sitting there so I tried it. And you know what it is great. My hair feels clean, soft!, and shiny).

I swear by L'Oreal's Nature Therapy products. Some of my favorites are the Mega Repair, Mega Moisture, Hot Oil, and the Unfrizz.

The results... hair that is soft and full of body and bounce. My hair is shiny and fairly strong. My only complaint is that it is thinner today than it was 20 years ago, but oh well... c'est la vie... did I say that right?

-------------
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.

Print Page | Close Window