Print Page | Close Window

Leave In Conditioners That Don't Flatten Fine Hair?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27888
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 3:47pm

Topic: Leave In Conditioners That Don't Flatten Fine Hair?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Leave In Conditioners That Don't Flatten Fine Hair?
Date Posted: April 12 2003 at 10:25am
I would love to hear what everyone has to say about this topic. I have baby fine hair but I highlight it to add some thickness (yes it works) but as a consequence my hair gets dry and a little rough on the ends. My stylist told me to use a leave-in conditioner but unfortunately I have not found one that is light enough not to flatten my locks. Any suggestions on good ones? I love Phyto 9 but it is too heavy on my hair unless I just just a teeny weeny dab on the very tips of the ends, which I don't think gives me enough coverage.

Replies:
Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: April 12 2003 at 12:29pm
There is a new spray on conditioner by Wella called Wella Liquid Hair Restructurizer that both my daughter and I have used successfully. It actually adds body. You can buy it on the internet but comparison shop. The prices range from 10.99 to 15.99. I just did a google search using the entire name and there are several sites that carry this product. They also have a spray gel that I use almost every day. Works wonders on baby fine hair, even in high humidity.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: April 12 2003 at 7:13pm
Hi Curry,

I too have heard good things about that Wella product. Another product you might try is Aussie Hair Insurance. I used it because I have dry hair. It *did* moisturize somewhat but it also left my hair feeling quite a bit...well, bigger, and in my world that's not necessary because my hair is pretty darn thick on its own. It contains panthenol, which might explain it. I don't know if this will be appropriate for your hair type but it's cheap (often under $3) so it might be worth a shot.

I also reviewed Hair Insurance at epinions, if you want to read more about it:

http://www.epinions.com/content_69468130948 - http://www.epinions.com/content_69468130948

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: April 13 2003 at 1:43am
Hi,

I would never personally recommend Phyto 9 for baby fine hair because it is designed to super condition, which would be counterproductive for fine strands.

Phyto 9 works great for medium to thick hair or hair that is chemically damaged. However, I agree that a light spray on detangler/conditioner would be best.

I find Aveda Curressence detangling spray to be very light. Phyto 7 can also be mixed with a tiny bit of water to make it less heavy but still keep the conditioning power. I also like Joico's detangling spray which is conditioning but very light.

Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 10:44pm
I have baby fine, thin, hair with a little bit of curl to it. I have to blow dry it everyday to make it do anything. I've found that Matrix Essentials Instacure both protects my fragile hair from the blow dryer and makes it shinier without weighing it down at all. It's my lifesaver.

Posted By: onefabulousgirl
Date Posted: May 17 2003 at 8:30pm
Hithere!

I have had minimal success with leave-in conditioners; however I adore Redken Anti-snap and use it as a leave-in. I don't think that it is necessarily supposed to be used as a leave-in conditioner, but it definitely has made my fine hair stronger. Good luck!

Cheers

-------------

Date Posted: July 17 2003 at 9:02pm
Fast-Fixx by Catwalk is really great, too!

Print Page | Close Window