Print Page | Close Window

Frustrated

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27892
Printed Date: April 23 2024 at 10:46am

Topic: Frustrated
Posted By: REJ
Subject: Frustrated
Date Posted: May 01 2003 at 2:50am
I am looking for a new look. I basically just put my hair up in a ponytail and go. I need a look where it is easy to manage, but still looks nice. I will be student teaching in the fall and realize that I need a bit of a makeover. Please keep in mind that I don't know much about styling at all...details would be great. Do ya'll have any advice??

Replies:
Posted By: Heather kz
Date Posted: May 02 2003 at 10:32am
I have long fine hair too, and I find that layers help. They make your hair look fuller, and add options for long hair styles. Put up in a ponytail, it looks very thick. Blown dry it looks volumous (with the help of Herbal Essences Natural Volume root spray). Last but not least a large barrelled curling iron. A few quick curls in your hair, run your fingers through the curls to seperate and you've got a nice modern look.
Hope it helps
Heather
P.S. make sure if you decide on layers that you specify LONG layers

-------------

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: May 02 2003 at 9:08pm
How long is your hair now? I assume it must be fairly long to be able to pull it back in a ponytail. Do you want to keep your length or go for something shorter and sleeker? Also, are you tall, short, what shape is your face (oval, round, heart shaped, square, etc)? All those things help in determining what would be a good hairstyle. Let us know.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Print Page | Close Window