Print Page | Close Window

I need big time help PLEASE

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27942
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 8:33am

Topic: I need big time help PLEASE
Posted By: DianainFlorida
Subject: I need big time help PLEASE
Date Posted: April 07 2004 at 8:35pm
I am 54 years old, have baby, fine, thin straight hair. My face is round. Can anyone suggest a hair cut for me. I have had perms, but they friz. Im getting highlights tomorrow. Also which is best mouse or gel. Any suggestions. I set my hair on electric crulers and use a hot cruling iron, and much hair spray. The crul falls out fast. Needing help here in Florida. I have never liked my hair. Thanks so much. Right now the sides of my hair is chin lenght, back is about 3 inches longer. Thanks so much for your help.

-------------
I need help with my baby,fine, thin
hair. I want suggestions please, Im

Replies:
Posted By: AmberJune
Date Posted: April 11 2004 at 7:31pm
Well, first, if you have a round face...you might want to grow your hair out a bit ...maybe to your shoulders. I would stop with the perms and such if your hair is already thin. Try maybe adding a few long layers and flipping it out or curling it in.

-------------
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: April 13 2004 at 1:28pm
Have you ever tried to let it grow long?

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: April 16 2004 at 6:10pm
I live in Florida too and the weather here isn't kind to fine, thin, straight hair which I have. I ended up cutting my hair pretty short with short layers on top which I lift up and spray (think Sharon Stone with longer bangs and back). It is sort of spikey but a bit longer than real spikes. I find it to be very easy to do and surprisingly attractive too. I use Kenra hairspray in 25 to hold it up after fluffing. It takes me about five minutes to do the whole thing from wet to out the door. I don't need any other products either. It holds up all day and sometimes even two days unless I ride a motorcycle in which case it is a terrible disaster. The secret seems to be in the cut and the hairspray for me.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: DianainFlorida
Date Posted: April 19 2004 at 6:12am

Where do you find this hairspray? Also do you have a picture of the hairstyle that you can post. I have been to many hairdressers but yet to find one that can help. Sounds like a very cute hairstyle and the most impressive part is taking less than a hair hour or more which it takes me to do my hair. Thanks for the responses to my question. Have a wonderful hair day!!!!!!!!

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: April 23 2004 at 9:52am
I found my hairspray at Champs when my son was getting his cut (I don't go there myself). The one here has a great supply of hair products. I have too many firewalls to be able to post pictures--I've already tried. If you will imagine Sharon Stone's style with long bangs and a slightly longer neckline (I keep the back long enough to eliminate the need to shave the neck) you will have it. The layers on top are no longer than 2" so that the hair is almost spiked straight up when I do it.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Print Page | Close Window