Print Page | Close Window

Layers

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27952
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 12:21am

Topic: Layers
Posted By: Lilly
Subject: Layers
Date Posted: May 18 2004 at 11:50pm
Do layers make fine have seem thicker or do they make it
worse? I don't have any layers now but I am thinking of adding some.
Also is is just me or does hair seem thicker after coloring?

-------------
Lilly
mother of Emmah a beautiful baby girl born 12/29/03 Soon to be Mother of twin baby girls due 10/31/04

Replies:
Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: May 19 2004 at 7:15am
I think it depends on how the layers are done. If you just have a few, well-placed layers, they can look thicker due to not having so much weight to pull them down flat. However, too many layers or layers not done well can make fine hair seem too thin and straggly. Probably it would help to make sure you got a stylist who knew fine hair well, to know what to do to make it look its best.
Dyeing your hair does make it seem a little thicker. . . I can't remember right now if it coats the hair shaft or makes the cuticle swell, though. *is really tired*

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: May 21 2004 at 1:00pm
I think the success of layers also depends on the overall length of your hair. Mine is HORRIBLE with any layers when it is below my chin. Above the chin and done right, layers are pretty good but I do have to use products to make them stand up. Just be real careful and remember that less is more with fine hair.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: skatrmom
Date Posted: July 12 2007 at 9:40pm
I have a problem with my hair, it is fine, i had a perm 7 months ago, and its still in! I swim alot in a cholorinated pool and the top layer of it is sun-bleached and the underneath is medium brown, i hate the 2-tone look, should I color all of it evenly? or is the pool going to damage it and lighten it again? please reply someone?

Posted By: Seraphina
Date Posted: July 26 2007 at 12:27pm
You could always wear a swimming cap in water - I know they don't look very nice but the water in the pool is bad for the hair.  Also there are shampoos out that can address permed hair and that which has been in the pool.  I personally wouldn't dye it though because fine hair is very fragile.  Perhaps a good conditioning treatment? Smile

Posted By: _Princess_
Date Posted: October 12 2008 at 10:20pm
I had layers before and it didn't do nothing for my hair, mine is fine and thin..

-------------

Print Page | Close Window