Print Page | Close Window

I really, really, hate my hair. You?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27963
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 7:44pm

Topic: I really, really, hate my hair. You?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: I really, really, hate my hair. You?
Date Posted: July 18 2004 at 6:00am
I don't know that this is a cry for help as much as simply a rant about hating my friggen hair. Feel free to rant along with me.

It's fine. That's ok. I can deal with having skinny, gimpy hair strands.

It's sorta wavy but can't make up it's mind. Ok. Well, no long hair for me then!

It breaks and looks like a haystack once it grows more than 3 inches. Hmm.. well, aveda makes a neat smoothing balm.. I guess.

I have cowlicks. Everywhere. And hair devoid of enough weight to combat them. Ok, well, that pretty much sucks then, especially if I need to have short hair from all this other nonesense.

I also have a really stupid looking widows peak and a weird directional flow around it that makes it a total chore to style bangs that don't part in the middle, or sweep the front of my hair across my forehead. This requires tons of product and holding my hair in place while I blow-dry the stuff stiff.

Oh, and my natural color is the shade of leftover meatloaf.

Anyone else?

Replies:
Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: July 20 2004 at 12:55am
My hair grows in strange directions in so many ways-- the bangs stick out if they're done too short or too thin, there are bits at the sides that like to stick out weirdly at certain lengths, bits at the top that'll stand up if not repeatedly coaxed down, cowlicks at the crown that are near-impossible to get to lie flat, etc. The styles I love most I can never do, because of the weird ways my hair grows, so that's very frustrating. But even more frustrating is the fact my already fine, thin hair has been getting finer and thinner over the past few years, despite trying many different things-- even Rogaine-- to try to keep it in my head. So if I don't find a way to stop it, I'll probably eventually end up having to just Matt Lauer it and wear wigs every day or something :-( . I like wigs once in a while, for a change, but I really don't think I could do it every day, especially not in summer! On top of that, I sometimes have bad reactions to peroxide, but not in any predictable fashion, so one day dyeing my hair might cause a head full of sores, while another everything might be fine. So I guess I'll either have to seek out dyes with no peroxide in them, or learn to appreciate my natural mousy-brown hair and not dye it. . . the latter of which I'd really rather not do, as I truly hate my dull natural shade. If there's anything I can actually say I like about my hair, is that it's generally very soft, unless I use the wrong shampoo or hair dye and make it feel rough, which happens sometimes. But when I use a shampoo that agrees with me and a dye that's not too damaging, it can be like silk. If there are any kind words to be said about my very crappy hair, that would be it.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: August 02 2004 at 9:29am
I really hate my hair too and I have for my whole life. I spend a ton of money on it every month and it still doesn't make me happy. I have tried every product, process, style, etc. that you can imagine and very few have done anything for me. I think you just have to accept what is and play up other features. I truly believe that Sharon Stone chopped off her hair because it was a detriment to her looks rather than an asset. She has a lovely face and baby fine, yucky hair. So she made the hair a non-issue. I am trying the same thing and I am actually happier with my hair than I have been in a long time. It is short, layered, and I sort of spike it up with hairspray. It looks OK and I can do it in five minutes. The only problem is when I wear a motorcycle helmet. Then it looks dreadful!!

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: Sher
Date Posted: September 20 2004 at 7:50am
Ogh my... If I were to cut my hair short and spikey i would look like a man!!!! I know i have tried it in desperation a few times thinking It would Help!!!!!

If you have a square face and a few extra pounds an short cut is just AWEFUL!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: Renee
Date Posted: September 22 2004 at 3:41am
I trimmed my hair for the first time ever and now i cant wait for it to grow nack. It was never that long anyways. I sorta like it cos whe peopel touch it they're like, omigod! its so soft. rigth now, i just dont know what to do with the lifeless thing

-------------

Posted By: cait
Date Posted: October 09 2004 at 9:28pm
hi-
i can totally relate to you- i have always hated my hair too! it was real fine and limp. I found this great gal in so cal- she does the hairlocs hair extensions-since i have been wearing them, my own hair has grown 6 inches or more! and my hair looks awesome-
here check out her website www.hairlocs.info
also check out the hair extension boards on ths site.there is hope....

-------------
Smile, it makes your heart happy......

Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: November 04 2004 at 6:25pm
Sorry I can't relate to it.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: Renee
Date Posted: November 24 2004 at 9:12pm
i love my hair cos its really soft and highlights easily from the sun. But........ there is nothing i can do to make it moisturised. so i have to wash eevry 2 days which isnt too bad

-------------

Posted By: Skzz
Date Posted: November 28 2004 at 6:48pm
I liked my hair awhile ago when I cut it really short. It looked cute, but as it's starting to grow out I get this really weird part in the back. It looks so strange so every morning when it's wet i have to gel and blow dry it. It's so annoying!

Date Posted: December 01 2004 at 6:15pm
I think that's normal. We all hate our hair...or a lot of us do. If you have curly you want straight...if you have straight you want curly. My hair is curly, and now that I have had it straightened a million times...I just want to get it back the way it was. I haven't permed in years and I won't anymore. My hair is weird...I can let it dry curly comb it out and pull it back, then after awhile it will be just kind of wavy. It's breaking off and is a lot thinner up top than it used to be.

Posted By: KB
Date Posted: December 10 2004 at 2:23pm
I hate mine too. Really, really hate it. Seems no matter what I do with it, I'm never happy. I'm starting to think I'm too hard on myself. Whatever. I'm about to buzz it all off. Just kidding.

Date Posted: December 12 2004 at 6:44pm
I absolutely ABHOR my hair. I''''d love more than anything to have your type of hair right now; minus the thin part. Eh, all I want is straight, thick, beautiful hair, and I''''m stuck with an endlessly frizzy, thick, curly/wavy supply of two-bodied worms (a.k.a ''''split ends'''').

Whoop-dee-doo.

Posted By: vijay
Date Posted: December 21 2004 at 10:53pm
hai sister i am vijay haircareadvicer and messur

use almond oil for better result

For Density:-
1.Add Castor oil with coconut oil(100+100ml).apply with gentle mage.

2.Take White yoke from Egg.Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

3.Curd is a moisturieser. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

For Dandruff:-

1.Squeeze lemon and take lemon juice. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur
hair.

2.Take White Vinegar 50ml. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

For Lice:-
1.Spread Tulsi leaves on ur pillow before go to bed.keep head on Tulsi
leaves.

For YoungGreyHair:-

1. Add Castor oil with coconut oil(100+100ml).apply with gentle mage.

2. Eat iron content food or syrup.

To do this:-
1.Apply Natural Henna by paste format.leave 30min before wash ur hair.

2.Fold ur hair end with hair band. Dont use pins and clips for folding.

3.Eat atleast one egg or protein content food daily.

Dont do this:-

1.Dont dry ur hair by hair dryer oftenly.

2.Dont Brush ur hair with moisture.

3.Dont cut ur hair oftenly or improperly.

Because Straight cut makes Density, V cut makes long, Oval makes normal level

General Advice:-

Maintain long hair. Because the body will take protein from hair at the time of
Sick or illness. because the hair contains protein in the form of karotine.this
is the reason for mothers hair falling after birth of child. So plz maintain atleast
Hair length between Shoulder length to Waist length(50-60cm

mpvijay@indiainfo.com

-------------
MP VIJAYKHANNA

Date Posted: December 31 2004 at 12:44pm
I hate my hair.

My hair is about 1 in. past the top of my shoulders. It is very fine, grows at varied speeds depending on the place of my head, and CANNOT be styled or put up without me looking like an idiot.

My friends tell me to let it grow out, it will be better once it grows longer, but I know it will get stringy looking if I do.

Sometimes I just want to attack my hair so I don't have to put up with it.

Posted By: HD_EU
Date Posted: January 05 2005 at 8:29am
Originally posted by kornisick kornisick wrote:

I hate my hair.

My hair is about 1 in. past the top of my shoulders. It is very fine, grows at varied speeds depending on the place of my head, and CANNOT be styled or put up without me looking like an idiot.

Might I suggest a good talk with a hairstylist? Point out what you want (time spent per day, your preferred length, ... ) and ask hers/his advice. Look at some pictures together. Then leave the salon and sleep on it for a few nights. At that time you can make a sound decision.
After the decision ask your stylist how to take care of your hair on daily basis. Even do the finishing yourself in the salon. Then the stylist can point out where there's room for improvement.

My friends tell me to let it grow out, it will be better once it grows longer, but I know it will get stringy looking if I do.

Well, there's only one thing to say - is it your hair or your friends? Do they promote long hair all the time, no matter what? Then don't listen to them - they don't take of your hair every day, do they? If they are good friends, they'll respect your decision, whatever it is. And should this mean your friends don't like you anymore, well start thinking about the meaning of the word 'friend'.
Always remember: you know what's best for you - asking advice of friends is good; they can point out something you overlooked. Asking advice from pro's is better; they are not emotionally linked to you and can give their honest opinion, based on years of experience.

Keep us 'posted'

-------------

Date Posted: January 06 2005 at 5:14am
You know your hair better than anyone. If you know it gets stringy or sticks up or does whatever at a certain length, avoid that length and go with something that works for you. If you get a good cut and learn to style it well, your friends will come around and tell you how nice it looks rather than trying to pressure you into doing what they want.

I hate my hair.

-------------

Posted By: Kimmie6604
Date Posted: March 29 2005 at 5:39am
All I can say is DITTO to everyone who hates their hair.....I too spend way too much time and money on it and it doesnt make a difference.     Oh well,,,,,Fine hair sucks.....

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: March 29 2005 at 7:34am
No, fine hair is great. It's just not any other type of hair, and you can destroy it trying to make it be something else.

Date Posted: March 31 2005 at 2:20am

I don't care whether the strands of my hair are thick or thin, I just wish the volume of it were thicker.  Thin hair is what sucks, when you've got to worry constantly over whether everyone can see your scalp or whatever :-( .  If there were just some magic remedy for that, I could live with the rest of my hair's quirks.

-------------

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 31 2005 at 3:42am

Kuroneko, have you tried MSM supplements? Personally I haven't, but I know that many people report thicker hair after taking MSM. Supposedly it prolongs the growth cycle of the hair (ETA and reduces shedding).

::Hugs::

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Date Posted: March 31 2005 at 11:19am
That is something I haven't heard of.  Where do you get it?

-------------

Date Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:34pm

Hey there Demodoll, MSM can be bought from nutrition stores such as GNC, or from websites like Puritanspride.com. In fact, Puritan's is having a HUGE sale of vitamins until May.

Anais

-------------

Date Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:35pm
Is it a vitamin?

-------------

Date Posted: March 31 2005 at 10:19pm

It's an organic sulfur compound that is found in all raw vegetables (and fruits? not sure there). MSM is destroyed when the food is cooked. MSM is supposed to prolong the growth cycle of the hair, reducing shedding. This isn't one of those snake oil remedies either in my opinion. Over on other hair boards, people have had great results and success with MSM. I'm waiting for my mail order catalog to arrive from Puritans, to try MSM for the first time. I'm probably the last of my longhaired friends to jump in on it too ; P

Anais

-------------

Date Posted: April 01 2005 at 1:05am

I haven't tried that, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to look into it.  I've tried most everything else at one time.  I'll have to try to find it by itself, though, as so far I've only ever seen it with like glucosamine or something in it.  Might have to look in health stores. . . and just hope it's not too expensive, or I'l gonna be SOL :-P . . .

-------------

Date Posted: April 01 2005 at 7:03am
I think I'll try it too.  I too have tried everything else but hey, what can it hurt.  I could use the glucosamine too (creaky joints and all that).  How do you find it on the internet.  Just do a search on MSM?  I'll let you know what I find out and if it works.

-------------

Posted By: Lorryann
Date Posted: April 07 2005 at 9:05pm

Hi

Just found this site...

I have the world's worst baby-fine hair, too. Full of cowlicks,and just enough wave to drive me crazy.  Even worse, one side of my head has twicew the thickness of the other side--AND goes in a totally opposite direction.  Translation--can't do a part in the middle.

I take great vitamins, so I don't lack shine, and it grows quickly to lessen the horror of "bad" haircuts.

The other day, after 5 straight "bad hair" days, I told my stylist to "do whatever you want"  Translation--short, choppy, hair.  Which looks great on paper, but try to style it the day after it's cut--AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!

So I returned to the salon, where my stylist toild me she would "tweak" my style free of charge--which she does for those of us who go from long to short.  She's terrific!  But she was horrified at what my hair looked like--since it looked so fab when I left the salon the salon 2 days earlier.  Of course, SHE spent an hour styling it.

This process repeated 2 more times.  I now have a super-short pixie with ultra shorts bangs and the back shaved up to my ears.  I never would have dreamed of going this short, but at least I proved to my stylist that "long layers" or "choppy haircuts with different lengths" don't work with my hair.  Even with hair this short, I still need a heavy gel to get it styled in a way that's presentable.  Thankfully, the man in my life likes short hair--because his hair is longer than mine.!

Yes, fine hair sucks--so I just cut mine off.  I'm now on a diet to see if I dare togo shorter--maybe a long buzz cut--we'll see.

Posted By: goddess_mels
Date Posted: April 08 2005 at 12:14am
Hi! I'm new here and this thread caught my eye right away.

Girls...fine hair, and hair that is a little "unruly", is BEAUTIFUL. It is very, very unique. What could be more romantic or saucy than hair that just won't be tamed? Wisps that brush your face when you turn your head, like faerie hair? Our hair is like us...it does its own thing and it won't be tamed into anyone else's ideal.

I have hated my hair for 37 years but for the beginning of my 38th I have vowed to love my hair (and everything about myself). I used to hate the fact that my hair will do literally whatever it wants, whenever it wants, even if I follow "instructions" to the letter. Now I think it's fun to have a different look every day. Also, having wisps that just won't lie down politely (LOL) has forced me to enter the World of Buying Hair Thingies...and that is FUN FUN FUN...a tiny clip here, a tiny clip there, and it looks like I TRIED to make it look messy.

I had it blunt for years and I also colored it, but the color is all out now (that took three solid years) and I just got a long-layered modified "shag". At first I thought, "I don't look like the picture I showed the hairstylist...darn it!" but two days later I'm thinking, "I don't look like the picture I showed the hairstylist...yay!"

I would place money that all the people who responded here look a thousand times better than they think they do. We are always hard on ourselves; that's human nature. Love your fine hair. :) Remember...faerie wisps, faerie wisps, faerie wisps. (Chant it with me...)

So anyway, nice to meet you all...

-------------
Mels

Date Posted: April 08 2005 at 8:36am

I have to respond first to Lorryann.  I feel your pain honey.  I too just cut most of my already short hair off into what was supposed to be a short, sexy, spikey cut.  It was all that when I left the salon but what a mess the next day!  I went back three times and even went to a new stylist and after a month and a new cut I like it a little better.  I got a lot of wonderful advise from the short hair board folks but I think I may have to grow this mess back out.  I hate being dependent on so many products and my hair feels like straw.  And windy, humid days (of which there are a lot where I live) send me into a panic.  I hate the thought of the blunt bob but it sure was easy.

Now Goddess, you surely do have a marvelous attitude.  I was thinking of growing out all my color too.  It is so expensive and time consuming to maintain.  And with hair this short why not?  My husband has never done a darn thing to his hair and he looks great.  Why not me?  I don't know that I'll have the courage though.  I am always searching for the perfect style--easy to maintain and fabulous looking.  I think most of us with fine hair, especially if it is very thin, were taught early on that our hair was lacking somehow.  I remember mine being referred to in hushed tones by various relatives as "pitiful."  So no matter what has happened in the 45 years since, I still feel like I have pitiful hair.  I think you are right though.  Most of us probably look much better than we think we do.  If you spend this much time worrying about your hair you are probably caring for it pretty well.

Welcome to the boards.  We are happy to have you here.  This is a really wonderful community.

-------------

Posted By: goddess_mels
Date Posted: April 08 2005 at 10:52am

Thank you for the welcome, DemoDoll!

Yes, I got the same thing when I was younger. My mother was constantly telling me if I wanted to keep "that" long (meaning below my ears) I would "have to" have a perm. Otherwise it would "just lie there". Hello, Mom, what was it supposed to do? Jump up and start dancing? Like you, it became ingrained that I "just couldn't" do certain things with my hair. Now I'm like, Why not? What on earth do I have to lose?

You can surely try growing out your hair if you want. You can even try being quirky and sticking a bunch of tiny clips in it and letting it just go wild under that. (That's usually my M.O.!  ) But of course you don't have to. My goodness, there's so little in this life we have control over; making decisions for one's hair seems like such a little thing to ask. As for growing out the color, I'm so glad I did it. I haven't felt healthy hair on my head since the early 1980s. Can I ask what color your hair is naturally? Mine's mousy so I'm just trying to get out in the sun more and see if I can coax some highlights.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome!

-------------
Mels

Date Posted: April 08 2005 at 11:11am
My hair is naturally a color mostly referred to as "mousy brown."  I am nearly 50 so I am sure it has some gray in it too.  I wish it was all gray.  Then I would certainly grow it out but I think it is still mostly mousy brown.  But who would know at this point.  I have been coloring it since 1976.

-------------

Posted By: Lorryann
Date Posted: April 08 2005 at 8:02pm

Hi Demodoll(and everyone else),

Thanks for your support.  But  all is not a disaster here.

I actually LOVE my new haircut, which is now even shorter than before.  My stylist left the bangs & front a bit longer because I was apprehensive, but now it's all cut super-short. My bangs are cut to the top of my forehead & the rest of my hair has been buzzed to 3/4 inch length.  So great for the summer months!!

This style is not for everyone, but for me, with my awful hair (which looks God-awful when its unruly, I'm glad I finally had the guts to cut it off and ignore the trends towards long hair).I actually hear that the trend is going more towards really short hair--so this is great!!!

Peace to all

Date Posted: April 09 2005 at 9:14am

I hope the trends are going really short!  Things have been really long for several years now so it is time for the pendulum to swing back. 

So fine hair does better really short huh?  Mine is about 2" long all over with longer bangs and I am having an awful time styling it--it actually takes longer than before when it was about 4" all over.  I don't know how it would do if it were shorter--I am afraid to try.  Do you have any pictures of yours that you could post?

-------------

Posted By: Dawna
Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 10:10am
MSM products?  Never heard of them?

I'm thinking of Rogaine for women.  My hairstylist keeps mentioning it.  I'm only 36 but you can see the top of my scalp depending on how the hair falls.  If I was a blonde it wouldn't be such a big deal.  Maybe I should spraypaint my scalp a brownish colour. 

Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 11:04am
I am taking the capsules now.  I have been taking them for six weeks.  I don't see any difference so far.

-------------

Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 4:08am

I used Rogaine (or a generic of, anyway) for eight months, by my hair only got thinner while using it :-( .  So either my problem isn't genetic thinning, or I'm one of the people it just doesn't work for :-( .  Although I have heard that you really have to use the 5% minoxidil if you want it to do anything. . . and they only market that towards the men :-P . . .  I've wondered if it would hurt anything if I used the men's extra-strength, but I've been reluctant to try, after the women's kind did nothing to help.

-------------

Posted By: Dawna
Date Posted: June 13 2005 at 9:48pm
yeah, the thought of taking medicine (which truely hasn't been around long enough to know the long-term effects of) scares me.  I have tried a topical solution from the Health Food Store but alas, no difference.

My hair dresser bought me some shampoo & conditioner (Nioxin) which she said worked on her balding boyfriend.  I have been noticing it for a few months and didn't notice a difference.  However, she said the way to check is to go up close to the mirror, part your hair anywhere and you'll see a bunch of hairs that are only an inch or two long (depending how long you've been using it).  I did see a bunch of new growth so was pretty excited.  But is this new growth always there or is it a direct result of this product?

Posted By: eashworth
Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 8:45pm
Lately, I've become more frustrated with my hair.  It is thick, but very fine and long.  I can't do much with it.  I have no idea what style would work for my type of hair, so I don't style it.  I just wash it and let it hang!  I'm bored with it and nothing seems to work.  It won't even hold when I tried to clip it up like I see a lot of girls doing. 

Posted By: xxpinkgalzxx
Date Posted: August 07 2005 at 3:00am

I absolutely HATE my hair. In summer, my hair is a combination of oily roots and flyaway ends, and it frizzes like mad. They almost floats aimlessly around my head, in all different dirrections. Ok, then i used shampoos which smoothens hair and tames frizz, they did what they promised, however, they weigh my baby fine hair down. My hair just sticks flat to my head and looks limp. I have thought about using a volumizing shampoo but I'm afraid that it doesn't control my frizz. Not to mention that my hair is extra thin...and it is actually THINNING. 30 strands fall out a time i comb through my hair, and I've a really bad scalp. In summer it is oily and itchy, in winter, it is dry but still itchy. I've spend tons of money trying out different hair care products, but none of them really helps, some even make the situation worse.

Simply saying, my hair is fine thin and limp thinning frizzy flyaway hair with oily scalp coated with dandruff. Also...just forgot to mention that my hair grows sooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwlyyyyyyy.

Six months ago I had my haircut, there isn't any great difference in the length of my hair now...wtf...

What can I do?!?!?!

-------------
I found myself today...

Posted By: xxpinkgalzxx
Date Posted: August 07 2005 at 3:05am
I don't want to cut my fine hair short. I LOVE long curly hair styles and is actually planning to perm it. I think a perm will add some volume to my hair, but I'm worried that my ends will go all messy after being curly....

-------------
I found myself today...

Posted By: Porpoise
Date Posted: August 10 2005 at 11:27am

I have just started to appreciate my hair after all these years. (I'm 19)

When I was younger, I had straight hair that was thick, yet baby fine textured. I hated it so much. I wanted curly or even wavy hair really badly. I thought my hair was so boring. I would wear it in braids a lot so when I took it down, it would be wavy.

Then I hit puberty and my hair became very wavy , even thicker than it was, and a frizzy mess. I would straighten it and completely regretted ever wishing for curly hair.

Finally, I got sick of dealing with straightening my extremely thick hair so I had it chopped off. My hairstylist cut it in layers, and told me to put some gel in and blow dry with a diffuser to make it curlier.

I love it now. It's so much easier to deal with. I have come to love my waves and curls.

-------------
DANGER! I drive like you do.

Posted By: Chase
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 7:30am
I am really surprised at the amount of people who hate their hair. I absolutely love mine (mostly)

I decided long ago to quite fighting my hair, so started wearing it long and sleek, fine hair is truly in a class by itself. Mine has always been silky soft and shiny. People die for this look and it comes naturally.

I do have a couple of cowlicks that I have to deal with everyday, I simply rewet them and blow dry them where I want them. Works for me.

My only problem now is wanting a little body as I am getting older it is getting thinner, but I am looking into rollers.     

-------------
If God is for you who can be against you?

Posted By: Duracell
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 7:35pm
I also don't like my hair. I want to grow it out long, but it just won't work out. The longer it gets, the more it becomes thicker, wavy, and cury. It just wouldn't grow downward.

Posted By: LostForever
Date Posted: August 17 2005 at 6:01pm
[QUOTE=eashworth] Lately, I've become more frustrated with my hair.  It
is thick, but very fine and long.  I can't do much with it.  I have no idea
what style would work for my type of hair, so I don't style it.  I just wash it
and let it hang!  I'm bored with it and nothing seems to work.  It won't
even hold when I tried to clip it up like I see a lot of girls doing.  [/
QUOTE]

Jonathan Antin says that's the best kind of hair because you *can* do
stuff with it. But believe me, I feel your pain. My hair isn't quite thick per
se, but there is a lot of it even though my individual strands are very fine.

Has anyone ever tried Thicker Fuller Hair product? I've been using the
shampoo for a while now but ever since, I have been feeling like I've been
shedding more. There is a guy on my swim team with alopacia and it
scares me to death that I could ever lose it all... I try to be nice to it even
though I dye it red all over every few months because the color fades.

Someone tell me, if you're in the shower, and gather hair to one side like
a low side ponytail, hold it with one hand and slide your closed hand over
it, if some hairs come out? Just one or two a day. I don't brush as often
as I used to so I am hoping it is just the leftover hair that used to end up
in my brush. People supposedly lose up to 100 a day, and I've only
counted losing about seven or eight that end up in my hands when
styling.

Is this normal? I can totally freak myself out for no reason sometimes.
*sigh*. Fine hair AND a hypochondriac. Fantastic.

Posted By: AmethystKat
Date Posted: October 07 2005 at 11:36am
i am grateful that i have hair period. at leaast if you have it you can do
SOMETHING with it.
i'm also grateful for hair extensions and hair color.

Posted By: LittleLu038
Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 9:23am

I hate my hair too, I have fine wavy crappy hair I HATE IT!!! Ughh it falls out and I can't do a thing with it, right now I am trying to grow it out. Its taking forever and continues to break and fall out :(..Anyone have suggestions please let me know.

LittleLu038

-------------
LittleLu

Posted By: hairtoofine
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 10:34am

My hair is very fine and thin although i do have a lot of it.  i had it to the middle of my back but it looked stringy and wouldn't style for anything so i completely chopped it off.  Now it looks even worse.  i'm trying to grow it out but, of course, it's taking forever.  I've heard that taking certain vitamins helps hair grow faster.  Has anyone tried that?  Does it really work?  I look like a guy.  It's awful!! 

Posted By: Alayney
Date Posted: December 06 2005 at 4:13am

Quote Someone tell me, if you're in the shower, and gather hair to one side like
a low side ponytail, hold it with one hand and slide your closed hand over
it, if some hairs come out? Just one or two a day. I don't brush as often
as I used to so I am hoping it is just the leftover hair that used to end up
in my brush. People supposedly lose up to 100 a day, and I've only
counted losing about seven or eight that end up in my hands when
styling.

Is this normal? I can totally freak myself out for no reason sometimes.
*sigh*. Fine hair AND a hypochondriac. Fantastic.

I don't know if you're still looking for an answer ... I see nobody replied ... I am pretty sure this is NORMAL! It happens to me too and it sure seems like a whole lot more than seven or eight! I'm the same as you -- fine hair and hypo! Ha, ha! At least you're not alone! 

Posted By: cheryleperyle
Date Posted: February 11 2006 at 3:37pm

i was really unhappy with my hair until i was told by another member in one of the forums to try REGENERATOR and believe me  i would try anything as i had a wedding coming up and i was really depressed so i give it a go and wow now my hair is so managable and i can finally smile again i have not seen this product in the shops but you can purchase it from

http://www.fitter-hair-products.co.uk - http://www.fitter-hair-products.co.uk

Posted By: hair-so-fine
Date Posted: April 01 2006 at 6:52pm

My hair aggravates me so much, sometimes I just want to rip it out!! It's incredibly fine, and is really easily messed up. It gets tangled when the wind blows it, and when I try to style it using a blow dryer only half of the hair stays on the brush and the rest goes flying in all directions, which of course makes me mad!! My hair has always been difficult to style, but the one thing that will work for me is styling from wet-to-dry. I don't even use styling products because they weigh my hair down so that it is limp and even harder to style than before. Then again, I get aggravated at it because most of it gets dry before I have the chance to style it, so then I have to get it wet again!

I appreciate it every now and then, though...sometimes I look in the mirror and I'm like "Wow, my hair looks really good!", but of course, the next time I wash and style it I'll be cursing it because it wants to do its own thing! It's a vicious love-hate cycle...

Posted By: Miffny
Date Posted: April 16 2006 at 2:49am
I also detest my fine hair it breaks &  becomes dry for no reason I treat it like gold & it re-pays me by being terrible, I have a cowlick on my rightside in the front that causes a long fringe to go haywire.

Colouring is a nightmare my re-growth never goes light enough unless I use a little bleach even as I am a natural level 6 & if colour overlaps the hair breaks.

My hair is sort of ok on the 2nd day after a wash but on the day of washing it's a miserable frizz ball.

On the upside in Summer it grows like crazy.

End Rant

-------------

Posted By: ALLTAURUS
Date Posted: May 01 2006 at 4:32pm

OMG I have the worse fine hair I have ever seen.  Its so straight and fine and sparse.  I have so much breakage that their are little hairs sticking out all over the place.  It has never been longer than my shoulders.  Right now their are a few hairs that are almost to my shoulders. 

I don't color it, perm it, or style it.  I try to be as gentle as possible, eat well and take my vitamins, but noooooooo its still as ugly as ever.

Did I mention to top it off I have a big swirly cowlick on top of my head in the back, it makes it look like I have a big bald spot AND instead of growing outward in the back the shafts point down what little hair I have their lays flat to my head.  Sooooo pretty.

Posted By: Miffny
Date Posted: May 02 2006 at 12:02am
ALLTAURUS I have the same cowlick at the back of my head that also makes me look like I have a bald spot as it swirls all the wrong way   

-------------

Posted By: Puddytat
Date Posted: August 01 2006 at 4:22am
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

I have to respond first to Lorryann.  I feel your pain honey.  I too just cut most of my already short hair off into what was supposed to be a short, sexy, spikey cut.  It was all that when I left the salon but what a mess the next day!  I went back three times and even went to a new stylist and after a month and a new cut I like it a little better.  I got a lot of wonderful advise from the short hair board folks but I think I may have to grow this mess back out.  I hate being dependent on so many products and my hair feels like straw.  And windy, humid days (of which there are a lot where I live) send me into a panic.  I hate the thought of the blunt bob but it sure was easy.

Now Goddess, you surely do have a marvelous attitude.  I was thinking of growing out all my color too.  It is so expensive and time consuming to maintain.  And with hair this short why not?  My husband has never done a darn thing to his hair and he looks great.  Why not me?  I don't know that I'll have the courage though.  I am always searching for the perfect style--easy to maintain and fabulous looking.  I think most of us with fine hair, especially if it is very thin, were taught early on that our hair was lacking somehow.  I remember mine being referred to in hushed tones by various relatives as "pitiful."  So no matter what has happened in the 45 years since, I still feel like I have pitiful hair.  I think you are right though.  Most of us probably look much better than we think we do.  If you spend this much time worrying about your hair you are probably caring for it pretty well.

Welcome to the boards.  We are happy to have you here.  This is a really wonderful community.

-------------
Sandra

Print Page | Close Window