Print Page | Close Window

Halting Hair Growth?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27991
Printed Date: April 20 2024 at 12:30am

Topic: Halting Hair Growth?
Posted By: whatadumbbunny
Subject: Halting Hair Growth?
Date Posted: January 06 2005 at 8:21pm
Unfortunately my hair has stopped growing, and I have multiple strange and wonderful lengths on my fine hair. It's quite depressing to have your hair stop growing. I've seen dermatologists upon dermatologists, tried Rogaine, the pills, topical treatments, you name it, I've probably done it. Ultimately, the hair has stopped growing my top left front of my face(What's the correct terminology for that?). It's the same length when I cut it in high school, which was a pixie do. That corner of my scalp is a mere half, inch and a half long. The other side of that same crown is approximately 3 or maybe 4 inches long. The rest of my hair, though, is 6 or 7 inches long. I haven't really lost any hair, so much as it has stopped growing on the top and the rest grows incredibly slowly. I don't shed much at all, it's just soo frustrating to look like this.

I would love to have long hair...
What has everyone's experiences been with hair "stoppage of growth" and trying to remedy it with extensions? I am DESPERATE for a solution... short of getting a wig or shaving myself bald! :-( I've seen Miamigirl's photos and they have scared me to death! Any good experiences?

Replies:
Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: January 06 2005 at 11:56pm
If your hair is very damaged, it could be breaking off, and that might make it look like it's not growing. If you're using a lot of chemicals on it, or heat-styling every day, stop doing that for a while, use good conditioners, and see if it gets any better.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Print Page | Close Window