Forum Name: Diet Days
Forum Description: A place for sharing ideas, tips and our daily struggles
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28008
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:59am

Topic: Exercise and Diet
Posted By: KathyAnn
Subject: Exercise and Diet
Date Posted: May 12 2003 at 10:47pm

*I have never had the problem of really being overweight but then again I have been careful to eat a balanced diet and I have also participated {really all of my life} in sports and physical activity.
* just wondering, how important is exercise as well as diet in reducing unwanted weight?

You know, I'm sure, how doctors usually suggest exercise as well as an improved diet in weight reduction.
?

Replies:
Posted By: Elissa
Date Posted: May 13 2003 at 4:22am
Welcome Kathy Ann! Congratulations to you for a lifetime of good habits. Having exercise and sports be a part of your life has to be the best way to stay healthy. How wonderful that it's made dieting a non-issue in your life.

I have lost weight both with and without regular exercise. Unfortunately, I was never able to keep it up for very long, which is one of the reasons why I re-gained lost weight in the past.

Last year, when I first started my current "diet", I worked out religously for about three months. I lost weight rapidly. Then I got a bit lazy and my workouts dropped off. I continued to lose weight at a steady pace so I really didn't care very much.

I've recently started working out again in the last two months, 3-4 times a week. I have always wanted to start up again, but I guess I really started again because after 10 months of dieting I now have to fight for every half pound. I needed to increase my metabolism.

I know that exercise is good for all aspects of my health, aside from the dieting benefits, and I hope to keep it up, always. I have a difficult schedule (out of the house twelve hours a day), so I have lots of handy excuses. But the truth is, when I make it a priority it gets done. I'm a morning person and prefer a 5:30 AM workout to an 8 PM workout. So that's what I do.

Glad to see you on the board, and looking forward to conversing with you in the future.

Elissa

Posted By: papillon_purple
Date Posted: May 13 2003 at 11:16am
I don't "diet" in the sense that I count calories or follow a set of foods to eat. However, I do make sure that I eat healthy.

My weight reduction has been due completely to exercise. ok, I can't really call it weight reduction, because I've never been one to check my weight often. However, I will say that I definitely feel better, and have slimmed down.

I do cardio (either on the stairmaster or tredmill) as well as weight training (using free weights). A lot of people get discouraged because your weight increases when you weight train because muscle is heavier than fat. (this is another reason I don't check my weight often).

I absolutely love working out. I've found it really helps if you do something recreationally (like dance, or sports), and think that your workouts as training to help you improve on your sport.

-------------

Posted By: KathyAnn
Date Posted: May 13 2003 at 9:57pm
Thank you Elissa for your warm welcome!

Print Page | Close Window