Forum Name: Perfumery
Forum Description: Aromas and scents - favs and finds
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28220
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 9:38am

Topic: vanilla
Posted By: allie
Subject: vanilla
Date Posted: June 29 2003 at 5:01am
Does any know of a good perfume that smells like vanilla?

Replies:
Posted By: SuperGrover
Date Posted: June 29 2003 at 9:32pm
Oooh. Good question. I love vanilla perfume!

My favorite, though I've never owned a bottle, is The Body Shop's Vanilla Eau de Toilette. They also offer a Vanilla Body Oil, but I think I like the first one better.

Bath and Body Works also has some vanilla-y scents. There's Warm Vanilla Sugar... which is nice, but I think I still prefer The Body Shop. Maybe that's cuz I own the BBW stuff and the grass is always greener on the other side? Who knows?

BBW also has some nice almond scents which are sort of vanilla-y.

Yum!

-------------
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Date Posted: June 30 2003 at 5:15pm
Thanks,I'll try them.

Posted By: alp1990
Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 7:43am
allie,
this is my fave of all times because of the vanilla scent. it's an amazing perfume. Warning, it's pricey, but will last forever.

Angel by Thiery Mugler for Women
Scent Type: Oriental
Top Notes: Fruits, debwerry, helional, honey
Heart Notes: Chocolate, caramel, coumarin
Base Notes: Vanilla, patchouli

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2003 at 10:28am
Mmmm that sounds interesting, alp1990.

Is that available in department stores so I could sniff a sample?
Or do you buy it online?

-------------
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 5:25pm
Hey I thanks for the info about vanilla... I heard guys really love the smell of vanilla on girls... cinnamon too :)

Date Posted: July 04 2003 at 4:46pm
They do! As a matter of fact, my ex-boyfriend used to think I smelled of vanilla naturally! He was so upset when he saw me put on Vanilla perfume. It was Crabtree & Evelyn Vanilla perfume, which they don't make anymore.

BTW, I was just at Body Shop and tried their Vanilla Eau de Toilette tester again. I changed my mind. Too strong and overpowering! Maybe I used too much, or maybe I should try their body mist, which is probably more watered down.

That's what's good about Bath & Body Works sprays. You can use them liberally and they don't overpower. At least not to me.

-------------

Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 5:11am
yeah,I love the way vanilla smells. I've used plain vanilla extract before and it worked well.

-------------

Posted By: alp1990
Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 7:22am
Hi Grover,
You can buy it at dept. stores. My last purchase was at JC Penney's. It's a bit strong when you first spray it on, but then it just turns on right.

Allie, Yes, you are right!! MEN love it. Everytime I wear it I get compliments everywhere, even DH who doesn't notice much some times.

-------------

Posted By: NewOrleansLady
Date Posted: July 31 2003 at 1:02am
For me, thr right vanilla is such a hard scent to find. I have The Body Shops vanilla oil but, it still isn't what I was really looking for. My grandmother used to have her perfumes made by a local buisness here and they make the best vanilla bean type scent. It is just a single note vanilla bean scent. Here's the link http://www.neworleansperfume.com/ - http://www.neworleansperfume.com/ It's under "Southern Favorites" and it is called "Vanille"

-------------
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but, wish we didn't."

Date Posted: August 06 2003 at 4:07pm
Thanks,neworleanslady.

-------------

Posted By: caramia
Date Posted: August 08 2003 at 8:16am
Alp,

Thanks for the info on the perfume. I love the scent of vanilla. JCPenney's is my favorite dept. store too so I'll have to check it out next time I'm there.

Years ago, I purchased a body lotion at Victoria's Secret that was vanilla scented. I just think it was called Vanilla. I don't know if they still sell it but it was very good - light - not overpowering.

Caramia

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: August 08 2003 at 11:14am
My seventh grade teacher told us her "secret" to smelling great was dabbing REAL vanilla on in the morning. (What a tip!) I love B&Bs warm vanilla too, though I would also like to find a crisper variety as well.

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: wheeler
Date Posted: August 08 2003 at 6:13pm
I used to love the Bath and Body works vanilla bean scent but they no longer make it. Maybe that's a good thing though because people would always tell me that I smelled like cotton candy!

-------------
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck

Posted By: Spaci32
Date Posted: August 08 2003 at 11:17pm

I found these essential oils in a little shop in Blacksburg, Va last year and bought this tube of vanilla musk. It is the best stuff and I wear it all the time. Comes in a little tube I keep in my purse for those just in case times. Last weekend some guys in Denver nicknamed me "vanilla girl" because they liked the scent. Worked for me.

Traci

-------------
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.

Posted By: sexypineapples
Date Posted: September 04 2004 at 4:57pm
http://www.ccbparis.us/_en/_us/fragrance/index_prod.aspx?prdcode=P50024&CatCode=F0_15 - http://www.ccbparis.us/_en/_us/fragrance/index_prod.aspx?prdcode=P50024&CatCode=F0_15 ^F1_15_05&

the vanillas my favorite

-------------
I love you~!!!!!!!!

Posted By: misslou
Date Posted: January 23 2007 at 7:10am
I adore vanilla, and I recommend going to your nearest hippie/new age/head shop and look for Nemat Vanilla Musk (my Whole Foods carries it):
http://mtshastaherbandhealth.com/images06/amber.jpg

glass bottle is 1.5" x 1" x .75" (HxWxD w/o cap) with a 1" tall screw top

It is the warmest, naturalest vanilla I've ever worn.  No chemical edge, long-lasting, not overpoweringly sugary.  The perfect vanilla that lasts ALL day without ever getting overpowering.

-------------
what I'm wearing: 1 pkg 18" DLux SS #2 and protac

Posted By: Shanarana
Date Posted: July 10 2007 at 8:42am
Avon makes a good vanilla perfume called  Vanilla Musk.....That used to be my fav.  B&B Vanilla is still the best though, I think.

I like the idea of dabbing some real vanilla, sure would be cheap enough.  Smile

-------------
24" of hair as of 7/7/07 Goal: 33"

Posted By: Aloloo
Date Posted: February 25 2008 at 8:45pm
I've heard of using real vanilla. Never tried it though. But supposedly, it's a natural aphrodisiac, that's why guys like the smell so much.

-------------
~~~~~Hey~~~~~

Posted By: _Princess_
Date Posted: December 05 2008 at 12:14pm

There's Vanilla Musk...forget who makes it, but that has a nice, light vanilla scent

-------------

Posted By: McShirley
Date Posted: September 22 2009 at 11:14am
Angel by Thiery Mugler for Women is one of my favorites as well

Print Page | Close Window