Print Page | Close Window

Charles Worthington - Big Date Hair - Awesome

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Book Reviews
Forum Description: Share your finds on hair, beauty, fashion & related manuscripts.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28252
Printed Date: March 19 2024 at 3:11am

Topic: Charles Worthington - Big Date Hair - Awesome
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Charles Worthington - Big Date Hair - Awesome
Date Posted: July 21 2003 at 2:20pm
Hi,

I wanted to include this review here. I stumbled onto this book and I absolutely LOVE it. It is all about glamorous hair that you can achieve in just a few minutes. The book is by the famous British hairstylist Charles Worthington. He does a great job with the book.

It is a hair how-to book written from a very cool, laid back and down to earth angle. It made me want to call Charles and book an appointment although he is in London and of course the travel would be impossible.

This is a keeper. Lots of gorgeous photogs and how to info but also interesting saga of 4 characters as they master their hair dates. I loved it. Ugh, I guess I already said that. :-)

Replies:
Date Posted: July 21 2003 at 2:27pm
I really loved Big Date Hair. Definitely a new twist (no pun intended) for a hair book. I read it quickly and keep it in my bedroom for reference. Great recommendation. I totally agree.

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: July 21 2003 at 3:24pm
Hi all,

I really enjoyed this book and got several giggles out of it. I like the way it is a hair book with ideas on how do to different things for your hair BUT it is written more like fiction that revolves around 4 characters. I thought it was a very creative and interesting twist.

I am a huge fan of Charles Worthington's work. As an FYI he now has a New York Salon and he actually visits the NYC location on a regular basis to do hair. Of course if you live in England he has 3 salons there.

Thanks for a fun hair book recommendation.

Best wishes,
Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Date Posted: July 22 2003 at 10:20am
So odd that this book is here. I was just at a bookstore yesterday and remembered that I had seen a mention of Charles Worthington's book. And there is was on the shelf. I picked it up and looked at it and thought, hmmmmm. Looks very good. OK. It is not for the super advanced hair fanatic but for the average hair lover, it is really good. I agree with Karen that it is written with a cool new point of view. Anyway, I bought it and also looked to see if Charles had other books out. Does anyone know if he does? I am enjoying the Date Hair and would love to check out any other titles he has.

Sara

Date Posted: July 22 2003 at 11:57am
Loved the book and love Take Aways which is the Charles Worthington moisture-seal glossing shampoo. I think he has other books but I am not sure. I think you could find out on Amazon.

Print Page | Close Window