Print Page | Close Window

Best Grocery Store Polish?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Nails
Forum Description: Dig your claws into the latest tips & techniques for your nails
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28597
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 7:04am

Topic: Best Grocery Store Polish?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Best Grocery Store Polish?
Date Posted: April 16 2003 at 2:05pm
I am a very poor student but love polish. I would love to use the better brands but have to stick with the el cheapos. What do you all think is the best brand for the $$$ at the grocery or drugstore chains?

Replies:
Posted By: Elissa
Date Posted: April 16 2003 at 9:32pm
I find Revlon and Loreal to be great. And they last forever, I have bottles that are many, many years old. A good shake renders the product good as new.

-------------
[/url]
http://lilypie.com">

Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: April 17 2003 at 1:00am
Hi Liza

Superdrug has it's own brand of cosmetics called KOLOR. I find their nail polishes are of the same high quality as more expensive brands - the the colours (and the range) is excellent.

Uzma

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: April 18 2003 at 5:19pm
Hi Uzma,

Is Superdrug in England or do you know if they are also in the US? I love Essie and OPI polish but my nails tend to peel very badly. My manicurist said that I am allergic. So I don't polish often. I do like L'Oreal though. Very nice. But yes, alas, they still peel.

Best wishes,
Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Date Posted: April 18 2003 at 6:08pm
Drat !!! I just checked the Superdrug.com website - they are only located in the U.K.

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: April 18 2003 at 6:26pm
Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thanks anyway.

Karen :-)

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Date Posted: April 19 2003 at 2:29pm
My nails peel no matter what polish I use, expensive or drugstore. Any tips on how to stop the peeling?

Date Posted: April 19 2003 at 4:27pm
Hi Jessica

1. Make sure your nails are de-greased prior to applying nail polish. Wash them in non-moisturising soap and hot water and let them dry for half an hour before applying polish

2. Don't use moisturising nail polish.

3. Apply a nail-hardening undercoat and allow to dry thoroughly. Then - very lightly - use an extra-fine emery board to score the surface of the nail. Brush off the dust.

4. Apply 2 coats of your nail colour, taking care to go over the edge of each nail-tip, sealing it with the polish. Allow each coat to dry for half an hour.

5. Once the nail polish is dry, plunge your finernails in icy water for 1 minute.

Good luck.

Uzma

-------------
Uzi

Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 3:22pm
Thank you so much uzma. I will try your tips.

Jessica

Posted By: Rita Shelton
Date Posted: April 29 2003 at 8:55am
I recently bought a new nail polish that is supposed to last for 10 days..I believe it is called Revelon Color Stay..It is the polish and a clear top coat in one box. Costs around 4.00 or 5.00 at Wal-Mart. It does last and stays put for a good while. I went for a pedicure and the girl had a hard time getting it off. So for the price, it is cheap since it stays so long..Good luck.

-------------
Rita Shelton

Print Page | Close Window