Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28994
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 11:41pm

Topic: Jessica Alba
Posted By: Bobcutgirl
Subject: Jessica Alba
Date Posted: March 22 2005 at 10:11pm

Tonight on the cbs late show with david letterman my favorite actress Jessica Alba will be on and she will be talking about the movie Sin City which she stars in along with Bruce Willis and a huge list of other stars too so will anybody be getting pictures of her because I would like to know if she is still blonde or back to her natural dark hair

Bobcutgirl

Replies:
Posted By: Klaatu48
Date Posted: March 23 2005 at 12:16am
still very, very blonde...  It looks good, but can't compare to her usual brunette self. *shrug*

-------------

Posted By: KB
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 10:22am
Yes, she should go back to her dark hair! 

Posted By: portrgirl
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 10:53am
She has that dark olive skin that really doesn't look good in light blonde hair unless it's natural.  But it doesn't look horrible.

Posted By: trout
Date Posted: March 25 2005 at 12:54pm

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====108102&nbc1=1 - http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====10 8102&nbc1=1

Yuck.  I like the dark much better.

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: March 25 2005 at 1:33pm
Dark I like this might take some time to get used to if it lasts. LOL I hope she dosen't think of cutting it. It looks good lenght wise.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Posted By: amymusic
Date Posted: March 26 2005 at 11:03am
looks fake.

-------------

Posted By: portrgirl
Date Posted: March 26 2005 at 12:16pm
She lightened her eyebrows a bit too much.  I think that's the main thing that washes her out.

Posted By: rardman
Date Posted: March 26 2005 at 3:52pm
Totally agree with portgirl. My main issue is that the whole thing totally washes her out. Too bad.
I prefer her darker, but not as dark as she once was. There was a period where she kept a dark base , and added some almost ashy blonde highlights that I thought was her best look. I don't like golds or yellows on her skin.

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: March 27 2005 at 3:10am
I think blonde can work on her, just not when she tries really hard to make the eyebrows match :-P .

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Date Posted: March 27 2005 at 12:05pm
Bobcutgirl, I was just expressing my opinion. I think she is very beautiful with dark hair. I just think the yellow hair and eyebrows don't look right on her, I'm sure alot of people would agree with me on this one. I am not jealous of her, I like looking like me and would never want to look like her or anyone else. You don't have to get all upset over nothing. I have the right to express my opinion. Thats what a discussion board is all about.

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: March 27 2005 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Bobcutgirl Bobcutgirl wrote:

Originally posted by amymusic amymusic wrote:

looks fake.

amymusic you always say bad things about every actress on the Celebrity Hair Talk message board especially when it comes to their hair which you always say it looks FAKE maybe your hair is fake too or your really jealous of Jessica Alba because you don't look nothing like her at all SO JUST PLEASE STOP SAYING SHE LOOKS FAKE

Bobcutgirl

ps I am sorry to the moderator and to everybody on this message board about what said but I'm sick and tired of amymusic complaining

Bobcutgirl,

As amymusic said, "I have the right to express my opinion. Thats what a discussion board is all about."  She does.  You do.  As long as the opinions are about the celebrities' hair.  Your personal criticism of her ("... maybe your hair is fake too or your (sic) really jealous...") is not appropriate.  Kindly refrain from personally criticizing others.  Disagree with their opinions all you want, but personal attacks will not be tolerated.

-------------

Date Posted: March 28 2005 at 10:00am

Bobcutgirl,

If you read my post again, you will see that I did not say anything insulting about you.

-------------

Posted By: administrater
Date Posted: March 28 2005 at 7:43pm

AmyMusic,

We agree. 

We have deleted BobCutgirl's posts because of complaints received about her. 

We apologize to the board for any inconvenience this may have caused.

HairBoutique.com Admin

Posted By: BrownEyez2
Date Posted: March 29 2005 at 3:44pm
I have to say I didn't like the blonde hair on Jessica either. She's still a very beautiful girl, but just looks much better w/ darker hair.

-------------
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Posted By: VeeDubGirl
Date Posted: March 30 2005 at 11:53am
I guess I'm crazy, but, I really think she looks cute as a blonde. No, it doesn't look terribly natural because she doesn't have much pink in her skin, but it certainly doesn't look bad. I like the dark hair on her too, it makes her look more serious. 

Posted By: Jenny_RR
Date Posted: March 30 2005 at 10:11pm
Well, it doesn't bother me that the blonde hari looks fake on JA, but it doesn't look good, either. I think she's much better brunette. I think that new movie she's in was shot all in B&W, though, so the hair looks cool in the movie trailers, but not so good when you see it in color. :)

Posted By: Camille83
Date Posted: March 31 2005 at 9:06pm

I really like the blonde hair color on Jessica it really looks sexy on her and her eye brows are way to light for her skin tone so it kinda washes out her face but didn't I hear in a magazine that she dyed her hair for the role of Sue Storm or the Invisible Woman in the movie Fantastic Four

Camille

Posted By: beachgerl
Date Posted: April 09 2005 at 12:25pm
I've seen Jessica as a brunette and now as a blonde. Wow, what a transformation. It's funny some of the comments also applied to mine when I went blonde myself like Jessica did when I'm naturally dark brunette. Jessica's already a beautiful girl so she can wear any shade! Brunette makes her look earthy and real, while the blonde makes her look very sexy and carefree. I like both colors, but blonde brings her personality out more. It's no longer about if the color is fake or not, it's how it's done tastefully in any shade. She looked gorgeous in the movie Honey.

-------------
http://www.fauxblondes.com - Faux Blondes International Beauty Ezine

Posted By: Katie C Lover
Date Posted: April 13 2005 at 5:33am
Looks like Miss Alba has cut off her new blonde locks!!

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=SRH& ;logsrch=1&sfld=&nbc1=1

Date Posted: April 13 2005 at 5:48am
Pooh, boring style.  Hopefully she can do something with it, like with curls or accessories or whatever, to make it look nicer.

-------------

Posted By: HD_EU
Date Posted: April 13 2005 at 6:10am
Blond or brown, she looks nice.  Don't think the current style is that flattering though ... have to agree with Kuroneko there.

Date Posted: April 13 2005 at 9:11am

I'm going to hold off judgement until I see it again.  I think we're somewhat seeing the effect of her on a casual day, with hair and makeup undone and then comparing that to her made up glamour shots.  I guarantee you that on an average day her hair does not look the same as it did at the Sin City premier.  She just looks less glamorous and more her age.

When I see her without it tucked behind her ears then I'll decide.  In the meantime I just like to see any celebrity make a change and her in particular moving towards the somewhat slutty (sorry if the word affends) style she seemed to be trending towards.  She hadn't gotten there yet but it seemed like she was moving that direction.  I never like it when someone tries deliberately to be a sex symbol.  She's much more attractive a little more natural. 

I do think the new length would be much better in Brown.  The blond has this sultry flair that just doesn't quite work with short hair tucked behind her ears.  The brown would frame her face more and look nicer IMO.

Posted By: MoiMeMe
Date Posted: April 13 2005 at 10:00am

She Cut is Hair Short Now!!!!

Look A This:    http://www8.jmazone.de/?file=news.php&page=events&gal=nbtparty&newhq=1,6&action=pics&newsid=1113399970 - http://www8.jmazone.de/?file=news.php&page=events&ga l=nbtparty&newhq=1,6&action=pics&newsid=11133999 70

Date Posted: April 13 2005 at 1:25pm
Maybe she cut it short in an attempt to get rid of possible damage from her bleaching it blonde. Its a cute cut. Short hair looks adorable on her. But is it me or does her hair look orangey to you? I think they tried to keep the warm tones in her hair because she has a warm skin tone, but IMO brassy is NEVER a compliment to any skin tone.

-------------

Posted By: norskygrl21
Date Posted: April 13 2005 at 3:17pm

Originally posted by amymusic amymusic wrote:

Maybe she cut it short in an attempt to get rid of possible damage from her bleaching it blonde. Its a cute cut. Short hair looks adorable on her. But is it me or does her hair look orangey to you? I think they tried to keep the warm tones in her hair because she has a warm skin tone, but IMO brassy is NEVER a compliment to any skin tone.

I agree with you on the whole damage thing, but in addition have you ever noticed that when celebrities take out their extensions it is touted as "a new haircut." Is it technically a haircut when they never had long hair to begin with? A lot of times the extensions cause so much damage (not to mention the bleaching) that they have no choice BUT to cut their hair after they remove extensions. This goes for Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson, Faith Hill, Britney Spears, Christina Aquilera, Lauren Holly to name a few. Extensions wreak havoc on hair, I should know I had them a few years ago.

Date Posted: April 13 2005 at 6:21pm
I kind of figured she'd be cutting it soon... she has a tendency to grow it out, then cut it short into a no-style. I'll reserve official judgement until I see it done up, but so far... eh.

-------------

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 7:09am
http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====111201&c4nvi=3&str=1981&styp=clbi&nbc1=1 - http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====11 1201&c4nvi=3&str=1981&styp=clbi&nbc1=1

Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====111201&c4nvi=3&str=1981&styp=clbi&nbc1=1 - http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====11 1201&c4nvi=3&str=1981&styp=clbi&nbc1=1

Okay, this is an improvement over the last set of pictures, but I don't think it's an improvement over the long hair (It looks good in general, but not as good as she has in the past).

-------------

Posted By: alvin8191
Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 7:35am

Not an attractive style! I like the short hair on her. She has great facial features for it, it's just not a good style. Almost looks like a grow out rather than a haircut.

-------------
short is good, buzzed is better, bald is best!!!

Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 7:55am
Boring.

Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 10:36am
As thin as her hair looks short I'm betting very little if any of her long hair was really hers.  As someone posted earlier, it is odd that she seems to cut her hair short, go out unstyled or with a hat on then grow it long again.

Posted By: Joey99
Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 11:15am
I actually like it, too (not a fan of the orange color, either, though).  I think she looks pretty both ways (long or short doesn't matter a whole lot when you're stunning to begin with!) but it just gives her a different image.  With the short hair, I think she's going for "cute".  The long hair seems like she's going for "sexy". 

-------------
"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."

Posted By: cebnn
Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 12:13pm
I like it.

-------------
http://lilypie.com">
Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile

Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 12:50pm

Not a fan of the cut on her (it works a bit better on others) and it's exacerbated by the color.  It would look at least a bit better brunette or something that finally matches her skin tone.

JF

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Not a fan of the cut on her (it works a bit better on others) and it's exacerbated by the color.  It would look at least a bit better brunette or something that finally matches her skin tone.

JF

Ah now Flea, you were doing so well until you included that last line.  Now you too have joined the ranks of those with well known and yes often repetitive opinions...welcome to the club!

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 2:58pm

I love blonde hair and short hair.  Mmmm...where did I come up with my handle "loveshort&blonde"?

In this case however, she should stay dark.  The cut is okay - seen her with shorter hair/longer hair and she looked great.  This style is not her best but I think the color is the real reason.

Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

JF

Ah now Flea, you were doing so well until you included that last line.  Now you too have joined the ranks of those with well known and yes often repetitive opinions...welcome to the club!

Man, Hal, bitter much?   Yeah, I prefer brunettes, but in this case I'm basing it on the fact that Jessica's complexion just doesn't work well as a blonde.  Much like Charlize Theron looks terrible with black hair or Rose McGowan looks best as a redhead.

Hey, even loveshort&blonde agrees.

JF

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 3:57pm
Just teasing ya... I too think her natural brown would be far better than her present orange...lol

Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 10:03pm

I really don't think Jessica had extensions at all before but I really like her with long hair or short hair and I agree with Joey99 and cebnn that she looks cute with her new shorter hair cut

Camille

Date Posted: April 15 2005 at 7:18am
Longer to me was the better and Brown not this blonde it dosen't look like her.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Posted By: Curlyfan
Date Posted: April 15 2005 at 8:26am
Not a fan of the new cut - much sexier with it long. She told USA Today
that she just wanted to surprise everyone and do something unexpected.
Mission accomplished...

-------------
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!

Date Posted: April 15 2005 at 10:10am

This cut/style are in my opinion very reminiscent of when Britany Murphy cut her hair short.  Both Brittany and Jessica IMO have the features to pull off short hair really well, but they just didn't quite commit enough and wound up with a bland, not quite short/not quite long cut that really doesn't flatter their features.  Like Britany I assume she'll figure it looks bad and switch to extensions without ever tweaking the cut and trying for something more attractive. 

Date Posted: April 15 2005 at 10:39am

it's certainly bland...and I guess the length is ideal for extensions.

Posted By: andreambk
Date Posted: April 15 2005 at 2:06pm

http://www.puntovip.com/celeb/eventi_jessica_alba_young_ho t_hollywood_style_awards/eventi_jessica_alba_young_hot_holly wood_style_awards_05041520.jpg

-------------

Posted By: VeeDubGirl
Date Posted: April 15 2005 at 6:35pm
Aw, I think she's adorable. I don't think the blonde looks bad, I've seen alot of other people look much much worse as a blonde. I don't think it's as un-natural as everyone says, but that just my humble opinion. and the short cut suits her features.  

Date Posted: April 15 2005 at 7:08pm
I think my problem with it lies in how the shortest layer seems to follow along at the same angle of her jawline. It just doesn't quite look right.

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2005 at 4:02am

I'd still like to see her play with accessories.  Some little clippies or baby ponytails or something might be very cute.

-------------

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: April 16 2005 at 1:40pm
Maybe Jessica is auditioning for a news anchorette job. This chop is certainly generic and dull enough for her to win the job. Her long hair was definitely a major asset, in my eyes. Just like Brooke Burns, she now looks as plain as a beautiful woman can look, (which ain't *bad*, just disappointing).  Bob

Date Posted: April 17 2005 at 1:01am
Well that big pic makes it look a bit better. But the longer was better. Oh well. Just wait for the grow out.

-------------

Posted By: angeleyeslady
Date Posted: April 20 2005 at 1:01pm
her hair would look good with lighter streaks thro

-------------
AngelEyes supports SIGHTSAVERS CHARITY

Posted By: Horse
Date Posted: April 23 2005 at 1:19pm
I think you hit the nail on the head, Trout.

I know that adds nothing to the discussion, I just wanted to test out my new Wooderson icon.

-------------
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha

Posted By: lovebobs
Date Posted: April 25 2005 at 12:21pm
OMG!!! HER BOB LOOKS SO SOFT AND SOOOOOOO CUTE   ITS AN AMAZINGLY CUTE CUT ON HER   I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT SHE WAS SO GREAT BUT NOW SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Date Posted: April 25 2005 at 9:29pm

lovebobs you are absolutely right about Jessica's new bob hair cut and she does look really adorable in her new bob cut especially with her blonde hair or even with her dark hair too

Camille 

Date Posted: April 26 2005 at 4:31am
Don't like it. Very ordinary. But for me, Jessica Alba IS very ordinary (so maybe it's suitable?)

Date Posted: April 30 2005 at 10:29am

Hideous, imo. Way better long, and way better dark. I bet we see extensions before summers end. She can't want to look at that for too long.

Date Posted: June 05 2005 at 12:37pm

Well, as it turns out, it's was summer's beginning, not end. She looks stunning now. Love the colour, love the recentlly purchased length! Hope she keeps both for a while...

There's a great pic in the "MTV" thread here(from getty images), or for some great new pics, do a search for her by name at,

http://www.wireimage.com - http://www.wireimage.com

Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 10:11am
I must admit, that even though I thought the short cut was very cute, she looks much better with some length, and darker hair!

Posted By: makeitshort
Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 10:07am
Originally posted by rardman rardman wrote:

Well, as it turns out, it's was summer's beginning, not end. She looks stunning now. Love the colour, love the recentlly purchased length! Hope she keeps both for a while. 

Nope, the length is gone.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====120687&c4nvi=3&str=1981&styp=clbi&nbc1=1 - http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====12 0687&c4nvi=3&str=1981&styp=clbi&nbc1=1

She looks great.

Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 11:21am
Just long enough to "add" when she wants to or needs to. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 1:56pm
Looks a little longer already. Long and dark she seems cute, but short and blonde, she looks fairly anonymous.

Posted By: Scotchyroo
Date Posted: June 09 2005 at 3:17am

Just wanted to pipe in.... I watched Honey a few days ago, and Jessica's hair was great.  Really beautiful, natural looking.  She looked really beautiful, and like herself, not a generic tart.  What a cutie.

Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 2:50am

Nice pics, but it's a little weird how some of the pics seem to have been mirrored for no apparent reason.  Maybe it wouldn't be too obvious if her hair were parted in the middle, but when it's parted to the side, you can really tell.  *pokes the photographers*

Originally posted by makeitshort makeitshort wrote:

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====120687&c4nvi=3&str=1981&styp=clbi&nbc1=1 - http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====12 0687&c4nvi=3&str=1981&styp=clbi&nbc1=1

She looks great.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window