Print Page | Close Window

What Motivates Your Choice Of Hairstyle?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Journals & Polls & Related
Forum Name: Hair Polls
Forum Description: Create Your Own Hair & Beauty Related Polls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=29351
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 5:25am

Topic: What Motivates Your Choice Of Hairstyle?
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Subject: What Motivates Your Choice Of Hairstyle?
Date Posted: March 31 2005 at 2:24pm

Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon and a slew of other celebrities change the length, color and style of their hair as quickly as they change their jeans. 

Often they are motiviated to change their styles because of movie roles or other events.

So what motivates you to wear your hair the way that you do?

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Replies:
Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: April 19 2005 at 7:47am

That's something I don't think I actually thought about before.  After thinking about it now, I think I want to grow very long hair to look what I always thought was pretty and feel feminine (which I was kind of aware of), because I hate it on me short (which I definitely knew) and because I love the look of hair sticks (which I'm surprised to discover influenced my decision)!

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: April 26 2005 at 8:35am
The biggest factor in the way I wear my hair is the ever increasing number of my hair folicals that REFUSE TO PRODUCE HAIR!

Posted By: sugaplum
Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 5:32pm

I voted: Work or Career Requirements 

I would love to wear pink hair everyday, but my job would not allow it!!

-------------
100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures

Posted By: Veronica F
Date Posted: June 24 2005 at 4:41pm
I pretty much make them for my own self satisfaction and i usually come up w/ a new style to put or new color, just becuz i feel like having it, but i also get inpsired by celebs and esp. if i see a glamorous style/cut/color i really like i like to get that done. Hehe but so far i've been good by just sticking to coloring it red rather than continuously changing the color!

Posted By: fullxdiva
Date Posted: June 26 2005 at 8:40am

Motivation for me is confidence. I wear my hair in whatever way makes me feel more confident and better about myself. I love the short look on me, the shorter the better. Every now and then I'll get the urge to grow it out, and it when it gets to that in between stage- I cut it!

The bible says a womans hair is her glory, I've been in church most of my life and know the Word for myself and I've had people to include ministers argue the point with me that this scripture means a womans hair is meant to be long not short.

Hair will not determine my salvation. My hair is my glory and it doesn't matter if it's long, medium, or short, as long as its healthy, I'm happy with it and it looks good on me. That's motivation enough for this sistah.

-------------
"Not Lucky Just Blessed"

Posted By: Porpoise
Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 6:56pm
What motivates my choice of hairstyle is what actually works best for my hair type. My hair is very thick, naturally wavy, and has a lot of body to it. A lot of hairstyles would look great on me. But the hairstyles that work best for me are more low maintenance ones. I've learned to wear my hair in it's natural state. Instead of straightening it, I put some gel in and diffuse dry it. I also had it cut in layers. My hair is much easier to manage this way and doesn't get as frizzy. I think the way to go with hair is to choose a hairstyle that works well with your natural state of hair, not what is the most popular.

-------------
DANGER! I drive like you do.

Posted By: ammonia
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 1:22am
that sex appeal of lusty full long blonde hair. hehe.

Posted By: lilcutienatz
Date Posted: August 17 2005 at 7:12pm
i chose the celebritys choice because as a teenager i am influenced a lot by by the likes of pop stars, actresses etc.. for example when the styles side fringes came out and celebritys started wearing them i thot they looked cool, plus alot of girls over here had it done, not only that i fancied a change so i decided to have it done, i love it too as it gives something to my hair whereas before it was just an ordinary middle shade.. not that theres anything wrong with that i just had it for a while and it started to bore me

-------------

Posted By: dolcecasa
Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 10:29pm
I want LONG hair to feel feminine and have versatility and freedom in styling. Yeah!!!!!!!!!

-------------
dolcecasa!

Posted By: 360spinna
Date Posted: September 12 2005 at 11:59pm
the thing that motivates me is the people on this site that look up to me and who rely on my wave knowledge to get them spinning like i am....and for those that don't know what waves are or what spinning is this is what im talking aboutthis is me

-------------

Posted By: pmp4lfjmike
Date Posted: December 20 2005 at 5:37pm
Nice

-------------

Posted By: THECHOSEN1
Date Posted: December 22 2005 at 3:47pm
my motavation is myself and others

-------------
waveing is mental a barrier u must over come

Posted By: sorun
Date Posted: January 11 2006 at 6:56pm
I ofcourse  choose my hairstyle as I wish because it's my hair and I rule 

-------------

Hair type: 2cM/Ciii
Length: thighes
Growing as far as it goes...

Posted By: redhairedgirl
Date Posted: January 18 2006 at 7:59am

I tried following trends and fashion and listening to other people and I ended up first with short hair and then a bob, which I found sooooo boring.

I love looking and feeling feminine, so I'm growing it out as long as I can. Just past bra-strap length right now . I usually put it up for work and no-one has said anything negative about it, so I must look okay.

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: January 18 2006 at 8:02pm
I must say, your long red hair looks fab, Sarah-Jane! (sweet outfit, too)

Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 2:39am

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

I must say, your long red hair looks fab, Sarah-Jane! (sweet outfit, too)

Thanks Dave .

The kilt I am wearing is actually my clan tartan, I'm a Scottish chick. Anyway compliments always welcome, thanks

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 8:24pm
Cool.  I have a vague notion that the patterns differ by clan. (and imagining your "brogue" compared with my American "accent"... hmmmm)   

-------------

Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 10:49am

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Cool.  I have a vague notion that the patterns differ by clan. (and imagining your "brogue" compared with my American "accent"... hmmmm)   

Wow Dave your hair is amazing!  How long did it take to grow it like that, I'm jealous now

Yes different Stottish clans have different patterns of tartan. Anyway I think the American "accent" is cool.

-------------

Posted By: katay
Date Posted: February 02 2006 at 9:34am
Darn it, I swear, if my hair isn't to my butt by next year I'm going bald!!! LOL >>> LOLOL!!!Three Cheers for revenge, of the nerds LOL!!!

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Posted By: scorpiochick
Date Posted: January 20 2007 at 9:33am
I do what makes myself happy babe. As long as i'm happy about my hair or whatever then that's all that matters.Wink

Posted By: xBritxBratx93x
Date Posted: March 08 2007 at 1:20am
I chose to grow out my hair, but nobody really influenced me so I guess you could say it was my own preference.

Posted By: Aishwarya Rai
Date Posted: November 29 2007 at 8:29am
Originally posted by redhairedgirl redhairedgirl wrote:

I tried following trends and fashion and listening to other people and I ended up first with short hair and then a bob, which I found sooooo boring.

I love looking and feeling feminine, so I'm growing it out as long as I can. Just past bra-strap length right now . I usually put it up for work and no-one has said anything negative about it, so I must look okay.

How can the BOB be boring? I am dying to have it, but am not allowed. Can it be so, I mean boring too?

-------------
long hair is asset, but cutting is awesome, makes a girl look sexier, hotter, modern and gorgeous. Not? Can you kindly tell why u shy, and if u have cutting, what inspried you for it.....AISHWARYA RAI

Print Page | Close Window