Print Page | Close Window

My dreads look horrible, helppp

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Dreadlocks
Forum Description: How to start, care and feed your dreads...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=29891
Printed Date: May 04 2024 at 11:14pm

Topic: My dreads look horrible, helppp
Posted By: winterelegy
Subject: My dreads look horrible, helppp
Date Posted: April 16 2005 at 9:57pm
I've had my dreads for about 3 months and they look horrible. I started them at about 3-4in (which i suspect was the first problem), they've grown out a lil bit, but still look nasty. I have loose hairs everywhere which i cant seem to get into the dreads, and all my dreads are so so thin...is there anyway i can combine them? I try to wax and roll them as much as i can but it doesnt seem to help at all. My hair is very fine so i guess it doesnt want to lock up. any help would be so awesome!

Replies:
Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: April 19 2005 at 10:04am

Did you twist the loose hair around the previously locked hair?

Anyways, locks go through stages, baby stage, teenage stage and the mature stage. Everyone that had locks had a "not so good stage" in one way or another. I know lots of people with locs. As they grow they get better.

How do they look nasty? i'm sure if you are cleaning them then they are clean, right?

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: winterelegy
Date Posted: April 19 2005 at 5:25pm
Yeah i tried twisting the loose air around the locks, and even waxed em and what not and the airs never want to go in the dread. And yeah i clean them so they are literally clean, but all the loose hairs and frizz and what not just makes them look nasty and unkempt. oh well in a few months i hope they will work themselves out

Posted By: madglass
Date Posted: June 03 2005 at 10:07am

Dreads are dreads and they are not gana look great... they are matted clumps of dirty hair.   I had my dreads for 4 years and always had loose hairs and grown out straight hair.   

Here is what they lookwed like after I had them for two years

-------------
Everyone's an actor or an actors best friend
I wonder what was wrong to begin with that they all have to pretend

Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:42pm
Not everyones locs are dirty...but if yours are than so be it...I know people that wash theirs on the regular.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Print Page | Close Window