Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30999
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 11:50pm

Topic: advice on a cut
Posted By: wendyladi98
Subject: advice on a cut
Date Posted: May 23 2005 at 8:28pm

Hi, I am trying to make a decision for a cut and would like any advice. First of all, my hair is fine but thick (many strands) it has a slight wave and body is usually not a problem with the blow dryer. However I am looking for a cut that requires little or no heat because the whole point of this short cut is to prepare for growing out. I have a round face and a bit of a double chin, so super short cuts are not an option. At the moment I have a page boy length (just above my shoulders) with bangs that are almost too long to wear straight accross. I am letting them grow. I don't mind a short cut but I would want something that grows out easy. I plan to keep my hair at or above my shoulders until I get it all one length and healthy and then I will decide the next step. The other issue is right now, I have some razored layers that start mid crown and go to my shoulders. They are the biggest reason for this cut. Without heat I can't seem to do much with them. Let me know if you need more info and I will see what ideas you all have for now.

Thanks,

Wendy

-------------
"In the darkness, see the light. Remember God loves you"

Replies:
Posted By: eatgreenjello
Date Posted: May 24 2005 at 11:25am
I am a visual person, so, can you post a pic?  That would really help for people to give you opinions.

-------------

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length

Posted By: wannabecurly
Date Posted: May 26 2005 at 3:40am

A pic would help but I think you're describing my hair. I'm also TRYING to grow mine out. Currently I have mine cut in a modified swing bob. I love the back but my front is too short. My longest peices on the sides are only to my ears with layers above that. I figure I'll let my sides grow out to chin length, then start growing the back again. I'm also growing out my bangs which are currently at my eye brows. I really hope this helps you.

-------------
Nikkipatiently waiting for the hair I dream of. 1c/m/ii

Posted By: wendyladi98
Date Posted: May 26 2005 at 12:11pm

I just got it all cut off at my chin. It is just slightly shorter in front than in back, and then there are the bangs. I haven't washed it yet so I don't know what it looks like without heat styling, my stylist took a round brush and flipped up the layers. I might try that with cool air and see if it is as effective, since that would be less damaging. Thanks for all your help. BTW I don't have the technology as of yet to post pics but maybe in the future.

Wendy

-------------
"In the darkness, see the light. Remember God loves you"

Print Page | Close Window