Print Page | Close Window

Help! so many choices-

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Announcements
Forum Name: Introductions
Forum Description: New Visitors Please Stop By & Introduce Yourself & Tell Us About Your Hair & Interests. We love to meet all our new visitors! So please post here.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31323
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 6:22am

Topic: Help! so many choices-
Posted By: Juliejewels
Subject: Help! so many choices-
Date Posted: June 01 2005 at 9:21am

Good morning- I just want to say how awesome these boards are. I have learned so  much. I posted this n reply to my original post on should I do GL or not. This is a cross post,  I am hoping to get input.

I am  now armed with so much info, I am not sure what to do! I  know everyone has a preference and would like to  hear more,, and if you cannot  recommend a specific type of extensions, can you at least recommend a "do not do this"?

I have seen some  beautiful fusion work and am considering that-  I really cannot justify  spending  $1000 or more on GL  just for 8 weeks of  hair and so many  if-y reviews. For every good review- I  read 5 bad ones! I am so  impressed with Kristin's work and "Boogiemama's" work, it is gorgeous! It is selling me on  fusion all the way.

I did locate an experienced GL  stylist  here in Orlando who I  am going in to  have a consult with. She seems to know more than anyone else I have talked to  and I figure it is  worth getting educated on. She has been doing GL for  7 years. I am  shying away from GL, though. too  much  money...I just want to  be armed with info.

I know there are options that  cost less and look great.

Are there any recommendations?

My hair is fine, but  thick- I have a lot of hair. It is shoulder length and strong. I want to  preserve my hair and the  hope is that I will just  get the  extensions to  get me  through  growing it  a little longer and growing out a layer. I am also going for just a little more length.

Although I say I only want  extnesins for a little bit, I have a feeling that once I get them, I will not want to live with  out them. I am  a "hair girl" - daughter of a hairdresser! it is  a blessing and a curse.

Please advise on your  preferred types of extensions. I just cannot  make up my mind- there is so much on the boards.

Also, if anyone  can recommend a good extension artist in the central Florida area I would really appreciate it. (Orlando, Kissimmee, Daytona) As of right now, the fusion girl I want to see is in Jacksonville- a 2 hour drive. It is worth the  drive if her work is good- and  from what I have about her and seen it is good....

Thanks- Julie

Replies:
Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: June 01 2005 at 2:23pm
I recommend you visit the Hair Extensions board. All of these things have been discussed there, and that's where people with extension experience hang out.

You don't want to do Great Lengths, way overpriced.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Print Page | Close Window