Print Page | Close Window

***i’M CLUELESS w/ a greenish hue!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31486
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 4:07am

Topic: ***i’M CLUELESS w/ a greenish hue!
Posted By: audreyhorn
Subject: ***i’M CLUELESS w/ a greenish hue!
Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 3:43pm
so a month ago I got my roots touched up at the salon.  anyways, being the idiot that i am, last night I sprayed just a little sun-in in my hair and now it's got a slight green hue just on the roots!  (keep in mind, my hair is red)

I don't know the slightest thing about bleach or whatever's in Sun-in, but it's not going to get any greener right? 

it's just at the roots, so is there anything I can do to fix this?  Or how's it going to look a month from now, do you think?

Replies:
Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 3:53pm
well, using sun in was your first mistake. that stuff is awful. as for the greenish hue, i dont have a clue why this happened. hair that is processed red usually does not have any green undertone left to it. i would say u should wait till your nex appointment with your stylist. this may seem like a long time, but it will be less damaging to your hair. 

-------------
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 7:13pm
I have natural red hair which I've put sun-in in before and I wash w/ a color deposting conditioner, so when I went to get highlights, the stylist said I had "roots"...so she literally just colored the roots and it was SO natural i couldn't even see anything.  it was a huge waste of money.

i'm confusing myself right now, but I swear it's a different color/slightly green/brown maybe compared to my natural hair.

Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 7:14pm
I really don't have enough money to go back to the same stylist.  it was 150 bucks and I completely regret it b/c she didn't do anything great.

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 9:29pm
If you don't use the sun-in again, it probably won't get any worse, and it may even fade some.

It looks like the chemicals in the sun-in reacted with your hair coloring.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Date Posted: June 06 2005 at 9:33pm
that's VERY reassuring..thanks, I've just never dyed my hair so I freak out if any little thing goes wrong.

I'm hoping it fades, in the mean time I'll keep using my color depositing shampoo.  no more sun-in for me!

Posted By: Veronica F
Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 2:03am

Yesterday, i got my roots touched up red becuz i'm away from at the mo and i couldn't really travel w/ my usual prof. color. So anyway, i specifically told my hairdresser i wanted this one shade in koleston perfect WITH 30 volume. So I decide to get a pedicure as well. Anyway she comes back from mixing the color and i said, this is 30. volume rite? She said no that it's too strong peroxide (huh? I use 30 volume ALL the time only on my roots!!! grrrr) and said it was 20. So i tried to convince her w/out sounding like i was arguing or trying to sound rude then finally i give and start reading a magazine hoping for the best, but remaining skeptical, to the point where i had tears in my eyes. And after applying she left the color on under the heat for around 30 mins and washes it off.

THEN she says why don't you check the color now so we still have time to fix it, and i look: ITS JUST A FEW SHADES OFF OF BLACK, MY NAT. COLOR!!!  So i calmly say, "oh yeah it's a little too dak and then i don't want my hair to grow out uneven" and i think the worst part is she saw from before that it didn't lift too much! So she and another stylist mix the 30 volume after all THAT and applu it quickly then sit it under heat for another 30 mins. Finally it actually lifts the previous color much to my surprise and comes out  ALOT lighter this time. I wish it could've been lighter tho.

Anyways sorry to go all off topic like that and intruding ur post but i needed to vent becuz i can understand where ur coming from!

Well this whole thing would've been avoided if she had just LISTENED to me the first time!!! Grrr, of course 20 vol won't do anything, that's what they use in all permanent home colorants, otherwise i'd be using them would'n't i??? I even told her that i use 30 all the time but she still didn't listen. I know i'm sure my hair is worse off than it would've been w/ just 30 vol. (but thank god my hair strong!) Sigh, so i ended up spending 6 hrs in the salon and my butt was sore at the end of it!

So anyway, once again sorry abt going off on a tangent like that but i feel MUCH better. lol, i hope u can get rid of the green, maybe the color-depositing shampoo will gradually cancel out the greenish tint!

All the best!!

Date Posted: June 07 2005 at 12:02pm
woah.  yeah, thanks.

Print Page | Close Window