Forum Name: Handbags
Forum Description: Latest fashions, news, tips, shopping
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31565
Printed Date: April 16 2024 at 12:55pm

Topic: Expensive purses....
Posted By: AmberJune
Subject: Expensive purses....
Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 1:38pm
What do you all think about buying expensive purses such as Coach, Luis Vaton, Gucci, and so on? 

-------------
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01

Replies:
Posted By: mysweetevie
Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 1:57pm
I think it depends on how often you change your bag and your personal style. I like to have one current designer bag on hand always.

-------------
sweet like honey!

Posted By: BrownEyez2
Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 7:09pm
Personally, I love designer handbags.  I don't change often (like to get my $$$$'s worth of wear out of them ) so my husband buys me one each year. Currently, I'm carrying a Louis Vuitton, but will be looking for something new by Christmas time....

-------------
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Date Posted: June 08 2005 at 9:49pm

I personally love Coach bags.  I have 3 right now.  I think...why not splurge on a purse?  Its perfectly normal for a woman to spend 100 or more on one outfit and only wear it once...so why not splurge on something you carry everyday!?

Amber

-------------

Posted By: rrobey
Date Posted: June 09 2005 at 7:08am

I love the Dooney & Bourke bucket bag!  I have to admit though that I'd never spend that much on a purse.  I will, however, spend $30 on a "replica".    LOL.

Hey Amber... if you're still in WV and ever come up to Morgantown there's a place that sells replicas.  Haven't been there myself yet but I've heard they have a great selection of DB and LV... also replica jewlery.  PM me and I'll tell you what I know if you're interested.

Becky

Posted By: Yolligirl
Date Posted: June 09 2005 at 9:35am
I love Coach Bags, they last forever  and they never go out of style. I would much rather spend money on a designer purse that will be in style next year than an outfit that will not be. I'm a purse junkie anyway.

-------------
Life is a journey, Enjoy the ride.

Date Posted: June 09 2005 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by rrobey rrobey wrote:

I love the Dooney & Bourke bucket bag!  I have to admit though that I'd never spend that much on a purse.  I will, however, spend $30 on a "replica".    LOL.

Hey Amber... if you're still in WV and ever come up to Morgantown there's a place that sells replicas.  Haven't been there myself yet but I've heard they have a great selection of DB and LV... also replica jewlery.  PM me and I'll tell you what I know if you're interested.

Becky

Sure ... Thanks!

-------------

Posted By: Viktoria
Date Posted: June 10 2005 at 11:34am

Oh, I love handbags! I´ll happily spend 100 dollars (or the equivalent) on a really good bag - however, I´m not label conscious at all. I want the proper function for what I´m going to use it for, and quality.

My favourite summer vacation bag is an Arnton bag from England, it is made of washable canvas, is easy to carry all day in the heat and I´ve had it for almost 20 years - it still looks as good. This bag appears in a James Bond movie, even, in Licence to Kill Carey Lowell takes a bag with money to a guru at a meditation center, and the bag is: an Arnton bag. Slightly larger than mine.

My favourite winter bag is a black leather Unica by Miramare (anyone ever heard of it?), it cost me 99 brittish pounds on New Bond Street in 1995, and has room for most things I need. It has a wonderful suede lining.

I´ve seen the ads for Coach bags. They look like something I would like, but I´d have to travel somewhere to find one, that´s for sure!

-------------
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

Posted By: 28inchhair
Date Posted: July 08 2005 at 10:11am
I love purses, i have the LV monogram colorful pochette, and the city bag....and a coach!!

-------------
currently 22 inches of hair from hairline to ends but i aspire to be 28 inches from hair line to ends in at least a year....currently relaxed 3c

Posted By: Jade30
Date Posted: July 11 2005 at 1:58am
Coach bags are wonderful, they are multistyled. Can be very casul, sporty and yet perfect to take with you on a night out on the town. I'm a huge fan of laptop bags for some reason. :) hehehehe

Date Posted: July 20 2005 at 11:34am

Originally posted by Jade30 Jade30 wrote:

Coach bags are wonderful, they are multistyled. Can be very casul, sporty and yet perfect to take with you on a night out on the town. I'm a huge fan of laptop bags for some reason. :) hehehehe

Yes, thats why I own 4 and plan to have many more in years to come hehehe

-------------

Posted By: Renee
Date Posted: July 26 2005 at 10:30pm
im into purses and wallets now. wallets cos they're wayy cheaper than the big handbags and since im a broke college student ...............yeah so i recently bought a fendi wallet and a prada wallet too. i dont mind carrying them in my $10 bags

-------------

Posted By: muneca
Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:43am
well why dont we talk BOOTLEGGS lol because right now people cant even tell if its real of not.. personally i dont own any bootleggs, i have a fendi and a coach.. but i have seen identical ones as the real things and i wouldnt mind having one of those around.  as long as they are roomy since im always carrying around a video cam, my digi cam, notebooks, cds, flyers ect

Posted By: Delenn
Date Posted: August 31 2005 at 8:25am

Mmmmm Coach.

My brother of all people got me hooked when he bought one for me about 8 years ago.  They're classicly styled, they never wear out and the leather only gets more beautiful with use.  They're addictive though, so are the wallets!  I recently sold about 5 of my Coach purses on eBay to make room for new ones. 

Posted By: mandabear324
Date Posted: September 19 2005 at 11:51am
I love Coach & Kate Spade.  They are both made well and oh so cute!

Posted By: aimee
Date Posted: December 27 2005 at 8:49am

i have a real gucci bag (classic style def. worth the money)

and another really expensive swiss designer bag (the most stylish bag ever)

but im happy i bought a fake LV bag (the speedy bag in black with the multi color LV) because everyone wears the fake ones so im really tired of this multi color LV bags im happy i didnt spend thousands for this one lol

i love cheaper bags too the babyphat bags are cute

-------------
im a synthetic girl and i love plastikhaar

Posted By: ChelseaB
Date Posted: December 31 2005 at 6:55pm
I really want a HOBO bag, the one with the dark brown leather, and the pretty pink inside. My sister has it, and I am so jealous! That might be something I have to splurge on.

-------------
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii

Posted By: pinksummer
Date Posted: January 06 2006 at 3:38pm

I own a Coach purse. It's small, black, and goes great with every outfit. It's the "perfect" purse that everyone should own.

However, there are plenty of other small, black purses that go great with every outfit. The Coach label doesn't mean that this is the one to own. (by the way, I got it for my 18th birthday from a cousin who used to work at Coach)

I own a lot of no name purses that are just too cute to pass up, including a nice little pink one with the Hello Kitty logo... I am a Hello Kitty addict! Never paid more than thirty dollars for a purse, but I'm sure that if I would have seen the Coach I own now I might have bought it if I had the money, or a purse similar to it if I had fallen in love with it.

I don't personally have a problem with "fakes" either. I just don't own any becuase I dont like the look of most "designer" bags, Such as LV and D&B. 

Posted By: MsMocha
Date Posted: January 09 2006 at 6:42pm
I think expensive handbags are totally worth it, if that's want you want, I'm still in school but when I can afford them I will buy some. I don't have a problem with fakes though, I would splash out on classic monogram but the fad-ish ones like the white LV I would simply get a fake, I wouldn't mind a fake Balenciaga or Chloe Silverado because they aren't as common as the LV bags!

-------------
http://public.fotki.com/SweetCocoa/ - http://public.fotki.com/SweetCocoa/

Posted By: ISpeaksFacts
Date Posted: January 10 2006 at 4:52pm

My mom, sister, and I have loads of Coach purses!  They're great purses and they last for a long time!  We only purchase the classic ones so that you can carry these forever!  I recently purchased a Juicy Couture purse, and I happen to LOVE these bags!  I will be purchasing more bags from them in the future!

-------------
"Life is betta' with LOTS of cheddar!" -Sommore on The Parker's

Posted By: AggiePam
Date Posted: March 18 2006 at 12:26pm
Someone said that Coach purses are addictive. Yes, you're right!! I have several Coach purses now, wallets, sunglasses and those cute charms for your purse. However, I must say that the one I have now is sooo perfect. I think I'll be able to stick with it for a long time. Someone on the other link said, 'how is a purse an investment?" Well, to answer that...you buy a great classic purse & you can wear it for years. It isn't an investment in the sense that you can sell it, although you can if you want on ebay, but you won't make money on it. It's an investment the same way a great suit or shoes is.

Posted By: michie
Date Posted: March 27 2006 at 10:01pm

Give me my D&B and Coach!!!! I don't necessarily need "expensive", but I do need a head turner or something that isn't seen everyday.

Posted By: allinknots
Date Posted: July 08 2006 at 12:07pm
I think that every women should atleast experience the expensive designer bad once. I my self have become addicted to designer bags...My favotite is GUCCI and YSL... I have also added some knock offs rto my collection those include dior, LV, fendi.

I sometime wonder why i spent this much money on them ..them  I tink Hell can't take it with .. so why not enjoy...smile

Posted By: Lane08
Date Posted: October 04 2006 at 10:53pm
I adore Chanel. I really really want a handbag of theirs, not a tiny one but a medium/large one because I carry a ton of stuff. However those are up in the thousand price-range so I get the feeling i'll be saving for quite some time. It will be worth it though. Chanel is just classy.

Posted By: wyang
Date Posted: April 27 2012 at 4:11am
I love expensive handbags!

Posted By: boconnor
Date Posted: June 07 2012 at 1:01pm
My style is pretty classy and timeless overall, and I always choose bags that reflect this - whether designer or not. I love my expensive handbags - Louis Vuitton, Coach, and Kate Spade, but since I don't want to wear them out, I rotate them and use my other nondescript bags more often. I always keep my eyes open for great finds and love when I can find a great, fun new bag for a great price. My current fave is a bold green across the body that's the perfect size for going out, and I scored it for less than $20.

Posted By: AutumnLocks
Date Posted: June 09 2012 at 6:08am
I love expensive handbags too.  However, I just can't afford them.  I do have a few expensive ones tho.  I've found them in consignment shops and thrift stores.  My one and only Prada was in a consignment shop and I paid less than $50 for it.  I also have a D&B which I snagged at a thrift store for about $3.  I found an Aigner at the consignment shop for less than $20.  Occasionally my loving and devoted husband will buy me what I consider an expensive handbag.  I think my one favorite he got me is a python bag in by Charlie Lapson.  Very sharp!  Black and cream.  Love it!

Print Page | Close Window