Forum Name: Aromatherapy
Forum Description: The common scents way to health and beauty
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31799
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 6:14pm

Topic: Aromatherapy for Headaches
Posted By: BuzzinlikeNeon
Subject: Aromatherapy for Headaches
Date Posted: June 14 2005 at 2:08pm
I am prone to awful headaches and I was hoping that maybe someone knew of aromatherapy as a help to ease them. If you have any hints, please let me know. Thanks much!

-------------
.:Do you, perhaps, harbor and intense fear that it might actually hurt to think?:.

Replies:
Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:32am
Well, in my experience a lot of prescription drugs cause headaches. Might be good to review any medication you might be taking.

Posted By: AmberJune
Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 12:43pm
Are you sure its not a migraine?

-------------
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01

Posted By: Hair Goddess
Date Posted: August 19 2005 at 1:46pm

Disclaimer:  I'm not an herbalist and am not recommending anything.  However,

General Headaches:

3 drops of Lavender & 1 drop of Peppermint (or use pepeprmint alone).

Massage around the temples and the base of the skull, along the hair line, with 1 neat drop of these oils blended with 1 drop of vegetable oil.

Reference:  "The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aroma-Therapy" by Valerie Ann Worwood.

Well I HTH.

Posted By: NaturalBeauty
Date Posted: December 26 2005 at 11:18am

If you are using essential oils be sure you use a carrier oil, some oils you can apply neet but most are so strong they can irritate the skin.  I make a mix with Lavender pepermint and rosemary essential oils.  Drinking infusions or teas of these herbs can also help.

Posted By: tanjuska
Date Posted: February 16 2006 at 4:47pm

Hey,

I agree with lavendel and rosemary. If you want some more freshness citrus aromas (orange, lemon...) are great- besides they sort of lift you up. I like them most   

-------------
http://www.topbeautycare.com - BEST BEAUTY AND FASHION FORUMS

Posted By: Hair Goddess
Date Posted: February 16 2006 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by tanjuska tanjuska wrote:

Hey,

I agree with lavendel and rosemary. If you want some more freshness citrus aromas (orange, lemon...) are great- besides they sort of lift you up. I like them most   

Unless you are super sensative though, a small amount need not include carrier oil.  However, it's quite alright just the same to use it as a precaution. 

PS.  Lavender oil does not need a carrier oil though.

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: February 18 2006 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Hair Goddess Hair Goddess wrote:

Originally posted by tanjuska tanjuska wrote:

Hey,

Unless you are super sensative though, a small amount need not include carrier oil.  However, it's quite alright just the same to use it as a precaution. 

PS.  Lavender oil does not need a carrier oil though.

Hi Hair Goddess,

I agree about the lavender.  I keep a bottle of lavender next to my bed.  On nights when I can't sleep, I just take off the top and take a couple of sniffs and I am out for the count.  I have also put a few drops on the palms of my feet (neat w/out carrier) and it works well.  However, I don't advocate using most oils w/out carrier.  Basil w/out carrier will burn like crazy.  At least it did for me.

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Posted By: Cherryblsmgrl
Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 9:21am
Great suggestions. I do agree that oil choice has a lot to do with one's preference and/or sensitivity to certain agents.

I'm a peppermint girl myself. I occassionally suffer from migraines and I find that ginger essential oil works great for the nausea associated with this level of headache.

Good luck!

Posted By: katay
Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 11:01am

Boy, I could've really used some Ginger on a boat excursion in Mexico(on my Honeymoon). I was sooo Sea sick!

I made it to the island of Las Calentas, thankfully tough,..whew! I kept sipping water, and looking at the whales and Manarays helped, so did the fun people on the boat, mind over matter!;)

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Posted By: Shyanne
Date Posted: May 21 2006 at 9:09am
Yeah, on Mythbusters, two guys ate some ginger tablets and they actually helped better than commercial stuff or those wristband things.

-------------
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...

Posted By: Annabellefire
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 9:42am
I had a serious incident about a year ago now that had started as migraine, and moved into an all over body cramp and shortage of breath.  I started doing this to avoid this from reoccurring, and it has yet to, so give it a try.  I would recommend taking about thirty minutes out of any day that you feel a headache coming on and chill out, lay down, and meditate.  Lay on your back, or sit in a comfortable chair with perfect posture, and focus on taking as deep of breaths and you can.  Try and clean you mind of thoughts and focus on where you feel the pain.  In this you are attempting to visualize air flow to the area that is hurting, forcing all the air coming into your lungs straight to this spot.  It sounds like it couldn't possibly work, but I promise that if you do this 10-30 minutes prior to a full on headache, it will never set in.

The power of oxygen.
Annabelle

http://www.envymyhair.com/ - GHD Hair Straightener

http://www.envymyhair.com/ -

Posted By: medica
Date Posted: October 10 2007 at 2:06am
aromatherapy is a good and safe treatment to prevent loss of hair. i've recently bought an aromatherapy product for my hair. as far as i know that Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils to achieve therapeutic health benefits. Itis thought to date back thousands of years to the time of Cleopatra. Essential oils are highly concentrated extracts which are derived from the flowers, leaves, bark and roots of various plants.

Posted By: anyda.sin
Date Posted: October 20 2009 at 3:22pm
For headache you can use cooling oil for relaxation.And the method to get rid of it is medication.

-------------
Anyda.sin http://www.onlinepharmacycr.com/ - Online Pharmacy

Print Page | Close Window